Author Topic: A Very Interesting Disscussion on "DETOX" (Everybody Drop Your Two Cents)  (Read 814 times)

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
The last 2 people see it.

see what?  ::)

Snoop was all over The Chronic ... then dropped Doggystyle.

Eminem was on what, 2 tracks on Chronic 2001??

... and Eminem was already huge after the Slim Shady LP.

Your thread doesnt make sense.

No. You just cant make sence out of it. Quality over quantity.

I know what u are saying but it is way off point. Eminem on Chronic 2001 was NOT what Snoop was on The Chronic. which makes the thread irrelevant. Who knows what Dre will do with Detox ... Dre himself is unsure which is why he hasnt put anything out !~

Trauma-san

Uh... some of yall didn't get it. Anyway, what does Hittman have to show? The guy never put out an album, lol. Songs like "What's The Differrence" and "Forgot About Dre" are bigger than the ones with Hittman. Everybody listening to Hip Hop back in that era knows it was all about Dre-N-Em... NOT Dre and Hittman.

Quality > Quantity

Uh... no.  Everybody listening to hiphop back in 'that era' was talking about how incredible Hittman was on that album. 

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Regardless of how you look at it...Hittman was definitely supposed to be to 2001 what Snoop was to the Chronic, but not to the same extent. Dre used Chronic to introduce the world to Snoop, who was basically a brand new rapper at the time, and he put his album out afterwards. Yeah Em was a big factor on 2001 and that helped build his hype for the 2nd album, but the fact is Dre put him out before the album, so the world already knew who he was.

True. Maybe I should have talked about the "era" of each album instead. But seriously, wasn't Em's presence far more memorable and sought after on "2001" than Hittman's?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
lol@the eminem comments

everybody should know that hittman was meant to be the next star on 2001, afte snoop.......shit, dre even had a press conference about the nigga saying a bunch of shit about him, he even stated he was the follow up as dres next after snoop......but shit didnt work out as planned, eminem was already a star when 2001 dropped, he was on 2001 since he was a aftermath member and was a star, maybe not as big as after 2001 no doubt, but still sellin triple plat........back to hittman, the reason that shit didnt work out was because the normal public didnt find hittmans shit to be great and kinda boring, i think his shit was fly........track 5 on 2001 was one of the best........ofcourse the eminem features were more memorable, but then the snoop features were still the best on 2001 in next episode, still dre and so on........but snoop was the return of the top dog/dre snoop reunion on 2001 and eminem was the aftermath member on 2001.....hittman was meant to be the next big thing

didnt work out........eminem took his spot......but dont ever get it mixed up who was meant to be the the next nigga on 2001........dont wanna confuse these eminem groupies any mo(not a diss at you rebel)

pz

The Great Elephant

i was hoping detox went back to snoop and dre - like chronic > detox - a full circle for dre's albums.

Diabolical

Regardless of how you look at it...Hittman was definitely supposed to be to 2001 what Snoop was to the Chronic, but not to the same extent. Dre used Chronic to introduce the world to Snoop, who was basically a brand new rapper at the time, and he put his album out afterwards. Yeah Em was a big factor on 2001 and that helped build his hype for the 2nd album, but the fact is Dre put him out before the album, so the world already knew who he was.

True. Maybe I should have talked about the "era" of each album instead. But seriously, wasn't Em's presence far more memorable and sought after on "2001" than Hittman's?

No, I skip the tracks with Em.