Author Topic: How much is a Seat Belt Ticket (CHP)?  (Read 132 times)

E. J. Rizo

How much is a Seat Belt Ticket (CHP)?
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:23:05 AM »
anyone know i just got one last night as a passenger in the car...??? it was from CHP (California Highway Patrol)

and also i know they raise it for subsequent offenders .. i got a seat belt ticket like 4 years ago does that go off my record after 3 years so now its just 1 again??

coola

Re: How much is a Seat Belt Ticket (CHP)?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:23:59 AM »
why wouldnt you wear a seat belt ?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:25:27 AM »
why wouldnt you wear a seat belt ?
we all crammed in a Civic because we were going to the Bar/Club and we were crammed in the back... so it just made it difficult so i didnt my homie got one too... but we got pulled over because the girl that was driving was speeding... so she got a speeding ticket and me and my homie got seatbelt tickets

K A I N

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 08:31:44 AM »
The old ticket should be off your record already...$78 - 89.

Several new occupant protection laws have been passed that will affect California drivers in 2004 and 2005:

As of January 1, 2004 the cost of a seat belt ticket more than tripled, and now runs from $78 to $89 on a first offense, depending upon the county. Legislation (AB 1625), authored by Assemblyman John Benoit, allows penalty assessments and court costs to be added on top of a base fine. In essence, what previously cost $22.50 on a first offense will now run more than three times that amount. Drivers will also face penalties if passengers are not safely buckled.

The following law was passed in 2003 and will take effect in 2005: Children who are required to be secured in safety seats (under 6 years old or weighing less than 60lbs) will have to ride in the rear seat of a passenger vehicle (AB 1697/Pavley). There are several exemptions, including cases where:

• there are other children in the back seat
    • a restraint system cannot properly be installed
    • there is no rear seat
    • the rear seat is rear-facing or side-facing

Infants less than one year of age or weighing less than 20 pounds must ride in the back, no exceptions, if there is an active passenger air bag in the front seat. A first offense is punishable by a fine of $100; second offenses will cost $250 (Vehicle Code: section 27360.5).

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 08:35:39 AM »
The old ticket should be off your record already...$78 - 89.

Several new occupant protection laws have been passed that will affect California drivers in 2004 and 2005:

As of January 1, 2004 the cost of a seat belt ticket more than tripled, and now runs from $78 to $89 on a first offense, depending upon the county. Legislation (AB 1625), authored by Assemblyman John Benoit, allows penalty assessments and court costs to be added on top of a base fine. In essence, what previously cost $22.50 on a first offense will now run more than three times that amount. Drivers will also face penalties if passengers are not safely buckled.

The following law was passed in 2003 and will take effect in 2005: Children who are required to be secured in safety seats (under 6 years old or weighing less than 60lbs) will have to ride in the rear seat of a passenger vehicle (AB 1697/Pavley). There are several exemptions, including cases where:

• there are other children in the back seat
    • a restraint system cannot properly be installed
    • there is no rear seat
    • the rear seat is rear-facing or side-facing

Infants less than one year of age or weighing less than 20 pounds must ride in the back, no exceptions, if there is an active passenger air bag in the front seat. A first offense is punishable by a fine of $100; second offenses will cost $250 (Vehicle Code: section 27360.5).

Props man i appreciate it... may i ask where you pulled this info??? i just want to look at the site...for some more info

K A I N

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 08:45:40 AM »
Office of Traffic Safety for Killafornia.

http://www.ots.ca.gov/default.asp
http://www.ots.ca.gov/seatbelt/seatbelt.asp

But you're better off using google.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 08:52:03 AM by Fleet - Dipset President »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »
over here in vegas my dad got one and it was for $125.

K A I N

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 11:55:37 PM »

Your father is suicidal because he had you.

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:01:56 AM »

rotfljeomk

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 12:30:24 AM »

lol