Author Topic: any of yall got t-mobile sidekicks?  (Read 435 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re: any of yall got t-mobile sidekicks?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
How much they go for?

Personally I think all the hi tech shit sucks. Fuck i-pods I use cd players. Fuck these sidekicks cuz I'm sure they overly priced and ain't worth it. I just stick with my cheap ass flip phone for talking and my slow ass computer for IMing.
i paid 200 bucks up front with a 1 year contract but got it all back on rebates... so it was free after rebates and tmobile has some of the best plans around for minutes... so its not too bad... i would check it out.. i got the phone through amazon.com by the way..

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »
I have the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC. It shits on the Treo and the Blackberry, as far as I'm concerned.
I was wondering if anyone knew what's up, and I see SGV is up on it....I got the 8125 as well, and when you say it "shits" all over the competition, that doesn't even cover it....it damn-near DIARHIAHS (sp?) all over em. Get one family! U won't be disapointed!

Woodrow

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 06:58:09 PM »
I used the 8125 for a week (T-Mobile version which is the called the MDA. It's the same phone as the 8125, just has t-mo branding) and I liked it, but Windows Mobile is some shit that I couldn't get used to. On the blackberry, I can email in like 3 clicks. It's fast, easy, and I'll admit, I'm used to it. I just couldn't get the hang of the operating system on that phone, but my friend has it and he had his tech guys set it up for him and he swears by it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »
nevermind - FUCK T-MOBILE! my sidekick has been fuckin up since saturday
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 11:26:22 PM »
nevermind - FUCK T-MOBILE! my sidekick has been fuckin up since saturday
Not to be impartial, but I've only ever heard HORRIBLE things about T-Moble....from many, many different people. All of them hate their service. Sayin their calls are always being dropped, half the time their entire network is down for hours and hours at a time. You're not offered anything for your trouble of not being able to use your cell at those times, the customer service is absolute shit, etc, etc....these are just things that I have heard, over and over and over again, on a regular basis...so figured I'd post it.

SGV

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 12:44:15 AM »
Every company has it's problems. T-Mobile has great plans and are pretty good with those 1 year contracts and cheap phone prices. But, they do that to cover the fact that their service area ain't that hot. They're not really trying to expand much either. They bought up a lot of AT&T towers, so if you had AT&T before, you'll have similar service.

187Proof: Have you fucked around with the 8125 at all? I'm trying to get AIM/Yahoo for it and can't find a free one.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 06:32:09 AM »
Every company has it's problems. T-Mobile has great plans and are pretty good with those 1 year contracts and cheap phone prices. But, they do that to cover the fact that their service area ain't that hot. They're not really trying to expand much either. They bought up a lot of AT&T towers, so if you had AT&T before, you'll have similar service.

187Proof: Have you fucked around with the 8125 at all? I'm trying to get AIM/Yahoo for it and can't find a free one.
@SGV: I JUST got mine, so I haven't had a chance to fuck around with it yet, but if you don't already  know about it, and AWESOME place to get answers to stuff like that is http://www.howardsforums.com - They have ANYTHING you can think of, about ANY phone, ANY carrier, etc, etc. Tons of hacks, etc. You won't be disapointed. I'm off work Friday so I plan on spending a nice chunk of time on that website gettin some tight stuff for the phone.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 07:07:24 AM »
Blackberry's are very user friendly and incredible for email but the sound quality is shit and you're very limited on functions
Have you used the 8700? It's got perfect sound quality. I use the speaker phone for hours each week and nobody can tell I'm using it. The set itself also has an excellent ear speaker. I've got everything the Treo has on my blackberry and more. PDF, Word documents, web browsing, etc... Sure it may not be included, but it's out there.

I haven't used the 8700 it looks pretty nice though...I was using the 7100 and it was terrible.

The thing that does bother me about the blackberry is no camera, no expandable memory/mp3, and no navigation pad (only the scroll wheel)....my treo has all those things and costs about the same as a blackberry (and less per month)

it makes me laugh when people (referring to dosia) say "t-mobile is shitty" and whatever....for instance...my sprint kicks ass around here...so does t-mobile...but if you go down to tampa florida t-mobile is pretty decent and sprint drops calls constantly.

Verizon is rumored to have the best coverage and so is cingular...but both my verizon and cingular phones dropped calls all the time around here...

the fact is it just has to do with where you're at...nobody has better or worse coverage than anyone else really...i mean yeah t-mobile does have less towers but if you're in the right area it really doesnt matter. they work in all the major places mostly. Plus t-mobile is picking up the 850 mhz band which is going to make them just as good as cingular if not better

why is that funny? if you read my post i stated its shitty in my city and that is the truth.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »
187Proof: I was trying all day yesterday to follow that site and DAMN IT! I just can't seem to get it. LOL. They get mad technical on that shit. If you understand it, break it down for me. haha.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »
dont get me wrong there is alot of phones id rather have out there but for the money i think the sidekick is the best... i pay $69.99 for 1000 anytime minutes unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes and unlimited text messaging and Data for the side kick.. the voice plan cost me $49.99 while the sidekick data plan is $20.00 which includes the unlimited data and text... so you really cant go wrong with the priceing on tmobile and if you do its only one year contracts... so you dont regret it as much as you would getting a contract somewhere else...

and the sidekick is a TEXTing machine... best hands down that i have tried... the keyboard on the sucker is perfect...

SGV

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:25 PM »
Damn.. 69.99 for a 1000 minutes? DAMN! With Cingular, for something similar, you'd end up paying 120 for 900 mins, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited data and 2500 text's incoming and outgoing. WOW! T-Mobile does have deals. LOL.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 02:55:30 AM »
shit u guys can talk about thses fancy phones and shit but all i no is that i love my sprint sanyo pm8200 and my 55 bux a month for 1000 anyrtime mins and free nights and weekends startin at 7pm

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 09:01:03 AM »
Damn.. 69.99 for a 1000 minutes? DAMN! With Cingular, for something similar, you'd end up paying 120 for 900 mins, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited data and 2500 text's incoming and outgoing. WOW! T-Mobile does have deals. LOL.
yeah man that was my main deciding factor.. i was like shit 70 bucks for unlimited data and 1000 anytime minutes unlimited night and weekends and unlimited text messages ill take it! hahah.. guess im a cheap skate!  ;D

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »
for real? i have cingular and i pay 80 bucks a month for 1600 minutes and like 1000 txt messages. free nights and weekends/mobile-mobile.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 09:29:15 AM »
for real? i have cingular and i pay 80 bucks a month for 1600 minutes and like 1000 txt messages. free nights and weekends/mobile-mobile.
you must have gotten a great deal somewhere or hooked up by someone or just gotten your plan a long long time ago because that shit is really good for cingular