Author Topic: Venables hints at Boro job offer  (Read 83 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Venables hints at Boro job offer
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »

Venables hints at Boro job offer

Terry Venables has hinted that he has been offered the vacant manager's position at Middlesbrough.

The former England boss is understood to have held talks with Boro chief executive Keith Lamb on Saturday.

And Venables told The News of the World: "It is extremely flattering to be offered this opportunity.

"A lot excites me about going back. But I am 63 now and I must think if I'm prepared to commit myself to full-time Premiership football."

Boro's managerial seat is vacant following Steve McClaren's appointment as England boss.

Reports in several English newspapers suggested the 63-year-old would be unveiled at the weekend.

But the club's chief executive, Keith Lamb, told BBC Sport last week: "We will be beginning the search for a new manager at the weekend, not unveiling one.

Venables was first drafted in at the Riverside in December 2000 as Bryan Robson's side plunged towards the relegation zone.

The pair managed to preserve Boro's Premiership status and Venables was offered a coaching post on a permanent basis but turned it down to concentrate on his business and television commitments.

Venables' last stint in football was an eight-month spell in charge at Leeds which he quit in March 2003.
NO MORE WAR