Author Topic: rap city hyphy week  (Read 543 times)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: rap city hyphy week
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:19 PM »
i thought someone said the Hyphee Movement is dead....... ::)

can someone recommend me some good albums from the bay that came out recently?...hyphy or not, dosen't matter...whatever that's worth buying...

well you could jus go with the popular vote, and get e-40's ghetto report card or you could pick up some mac dre cd's, if you want a good variety of him, pick up the "Best Of Mac Dre"

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 09:46:12 PM »
i was gonna get a whitee airbrushed with AJ cryng on it for when the network came thru

ahahahaha
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

youngmessnucca

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 04:14:08 AM »
can someone recommend me some good albums from the bay that came out recently?...hyphy or not, dosen't matter...whatever that's worth buying...

The Team-World Premier
San Quinn-The Rock
Bailey-Champ Bailey

You wont be disapointted with any of these 8)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 04:52:15 AM »

The Team-World Premier
San Quinn-The Rock
Bailey-Champ Bailey

also try

Turf Talk - Street Novelist
Keak Da Sneak - Thats My word

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 06:56:16 AM »

e-40 - in a major way
mac dre - stupid doo doo dumb
luniz - operation stackola
dru down - explicit game
c-bo - til' my casket drops
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

J Bananas

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »

e-40 - in a major way
dru down - explicit game

i dont think any of those came out recently, but uhh:

Mac Dre, Nickatina - Tale of 2 Andres
Keak man - Kunta Kinte
even keaks Contact Sport bootleg was pretty good
zilla put me on to oneonentertainment, check out their site, free mixtapes
whole buncha shit, yeah Federation, Sann Quinn, Mistah FAB (i used to live 3 blocks away from dude)

SGV

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 03:48:21 PM »

San Quinn-The Rock

Slappin' myself for still sleeping on this.

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »

e-40 - in a major way
dru down - explicit game

i dont think any of those came out recently

i'm sorry. didn't read that

Messy_Marv_And_San_Quinn-Explosive_Mode_2-Back_In_Business-2006-CR
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 08:27:01 PM »
I agree with the culture being a little gay and corny

I love the hyphy movement, and have no problem with it at all! But comments like this are the only problem that I have with the representation of it. I hate it when people watch BET and MTV and just think that they know everything about a culture. Anyone who comes out here and sees it first hand loves it, and niggas who come out here callin our shit gay most likely won't leave. I admit that the BET aspect of it is a gimmick, but not the culture its self. Those MTV videos only show like 10% of what this shit is. Know what you're saying before you say it, how can a "culture" be gay or corny? The Bay is always recieved with hate man, It's our time. This shit is bringing more attention to the west right now than anything in the past 10 years, so I can't complain about it at all, it'll open doors for more artists, so it's all good.. And if you wanna hear some quality Bay shit pick up Mistah F.A.B - Son Of A Pimp, San Quinn - The Rock, or Balance - Young And Restless.. And FYI to the others doubting the movement, it already got 5 people/groups signed! E-40 (BME/Warner Bros.), The Federation (Warner Bros.), Ya Boy (BWS/Capitol), Clyde Carson (BWS/Capitol), The A'z (TVT), and Keak is in talks with Interscope and Mistah F.A.B is said to be in talks with Shady/AfterMath.. Just wait this summer man, ya'll will see. For all those who doubt the movement, you are about to feel stupid because most of you are just guessing, but while you're guessing the fate of the movement people out here are getting signed and shooting videos as we speak.

Btw it got moved to next week ya'll..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:44:46 PM by sonofisis »
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"