Author Topic: The Lakers Appreciation Thread.  (Read 805 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Lakers Appreciation Thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »
What can I say? We were up 3-1 in a 1st round series and managed to let it slip. But lets put all that aside for now to appreciate the season these 2005-2006 Lakers put forth. We have players in our starting line-up who would be playing in the NBDL if they weren't on the team, and boy, did they come a long way from their status in October 2005. People expected this team to be even worse than the last one, our backs were against the wall, but we never gave up. We made it to the playoffs against all odds and even looked elite at one point. But our inexperience held us back from playing at full potential and it ultimately knocked us out...But that only gives me more hope for the future; Odom is looking like a lock for next years all-star squad. Will Kwame finally become that beast that he has been slowly transforming into? Will Luke be an efficient role player? There are questions to be answered and the wait begins now...There is no excuse for giving up a 3-1 lead, but I'd imagine things would have been different had Mihm been playing. I also started worrying for Kwame after he was accused of rape after game 4 (and stats show it DID affect his game), I was wondering if he'd still be able to keep his head 100% focused in the game, and it seemed like he couldn't...That's not what it comes down to though. It comes down to this young squad putting forth a season as good as we coulda' hoped for. I mean, even so much as the historical Kobe moments, 81 points, 62 in 3 quarters, Game 4 buzzer-beaters, etc. We owe this team some appreciation for the hard work, the entertainment they've provided us this season and for getting as far as they did. We were the youngest team in the playoffs (that's WITH Aaron McKie and Jim Jackson camping out on the bench!)...Next season, we are going to come out hungry. There is so much upside on this roster, it's a growth process, and I'm looking for them to come out KILLING next season. Off-season should be interesting, but I like a lot of our players and would love to see most of them return...

Show some appreciation for the 2005-2006 Lakers...Lets give it up for our guys!!

Smush Paker
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Sasha Vujacic
Laron Profit
Luke Walton
Brian Cook
Andrew Bynum
Slava Medvedenko
Aaron Mckie
Jim Jackson
Devin Green
Von Wafer
Devean George
Ronny Turiaf

Thank you for putting forth such a great season and giving us fans something to look forward to...'TIL NEXT SEASON!

yeah good season by the lakers good season>>>>>PROPS TO EVERYBODY IN THE TEAM 8)

u still gonna rock tha gold rag in ur pocket durin summer homie?
i just put it when the lakers play..but sometime i rock my shit but most of the time i rock it when i go to the staples center str8 HOOD homie 8)

ooo aight thats coo 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 02:09:36 PM »
What can I say? We were up 3-1 in a 1st round series and managed to let it slip. But lets put all that aside for now to appreciate the season these 2005-2006 Lakers put forth. We have players in our starting line-up who would be playing in the NBDL if they weren't on the team, and boy, did they come a long way from their status in October 2005. People expected this team to be even worse than the last one, our backs were against the wall, but we never gave up. We made it to the playoffs against all odds and even looked elite at one point. But our inexperience held us back from playing at full potential and it ultimately knocked us out...But that only gives me more hope for the future; Odom is looking like a lock for next years all-star squad. Will Kwame finally become that beast that he has been slowly transforming into? Will Luke be an efficient role player? There are questions to be answered and the wait begins now...There is no excuse for giving up a 3-1 lead, but I'd imagine things would have been different had Mihm been playing. I also started worrying for Kwame after he was accused of rape after game 4 (and stats show it DID affect his game), I was wondering if he'd still be able to keep his head 100% focused in the game, and it seemed like he couldn't...That's not what it comes down to though. It comes down to this young squad putting forth a season as good as we coulda' hoped for. I mean, even so much as the historical Kobe moments, 81 points, 62 in 3 quarters, Game 4 buzzer-beaters, etc. We owe this team some appreciation for the hard work, the entertainment they've provided us this season and for getting as far as they did. We were the youngest team in the playoffs (that's WITH Aaron McKie and Jim Jackson camping out on the bench!)...Next season, we are going to come out hungry. There is so much upside on this roster, it's a growth process, and I'm looking for them to come out KILLING next season. Off-season should be interesting, but I like a lot of our players and would love to see most of them return...

Show some appreciation for the 2005-2006 Lakers...Lets give it up for our guys!!

Smush Paker
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Sasha Vujacic
Laron Profit
Luke Walton
Brian Cook
Andrew Bynum
Slava Medvedenko
Aaron Mckie
Jim Jackson
Devin Green
Von Wafer
Devean George
Ronny Turiaf

Thank you for putting forth such a great season and giving us fans something to look forward to...'TIL NEXT SEASON!

yeah good season by the lakers good season>>>>>PROPS TO EVERYBODY IN THE TEAM 8)

u still gonna rock tha gold rag in ur pocket durin summer homie?
i just put it when the lakers play..but sometime i rock my shit but most of the time i rock it when i go to the staples center str8 HOOD homie 8)

ooo aight thats coo 8)
8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »
stop fuckin quoting eachother and making the thread 10x longer than it has to be

but yeah it was a great season, definitley will be better next year since we'll have better chemistry and we all saw how important that was as the team grew with time

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:19 AM »
Phil still feeling good about season

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Their season is over, having come to a dead stop after the Lakers were blasted, 121-90, Saturday in Game 7 of their Western Conference first-round playoff series.

Critics have pointed out holes that need to be filled, and they will expect General Manager Mitch Kupchak and his staff to make it happen.

Critics say the Lakers need a better point guard and another power forward. They are over the salary cap but will have their $5 million mid-level exception and the bi-annual $1.67 million exception available to sign free agents.

The Lakers also have a first-round draft pick and could look to make trades.

"We have to make some large decisions about this team, about who stays and what we build our team around," Coach Phil Jackson said. "We feel comfortable that we have a nucleus and that we can go from there. Hopefully we can find some additional pieces that will us a little bit better for next year."

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 12:30:54 PM »

but we never gave up.

^^ Never gave up until the second half of the 7th game in the 1rst round of the playoffs.

Ummm, we still didn't give up...We gave up when it was self-evident that there was no way back from a 25 point deficit in the 4th quarter. Anyways, this is a thread to appreciate, not hate...You need to get the fuck outta here... ::)

I admit, my post was out of bounds, this is an appreciation thread so let me give the Lakers a little appreciation.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA.  It's up to some of the other guys to step it up.  I don't think it's going to happen with the current cast of players.  They are going to need to add another key addition to this team to make things happen.  They need a Scottie Pippen.

But anyway, props to the Lakers, that Suns series was one of the best first round series ever.  The Lakers overachieved in a highly competitive Western Confrence, and had they been able to make it to the LA Clippers I think they had a good chance of ending up all the way in the Western Confrence Finals, they really had the haters on their backs.  Also, props to NIB/Sccit, he's a for real Lakers fan, and I respect his loyalty to the team, cause there are alot of haters out there to defend against. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 12:33:10 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam Abdul-Infinite Abu Muhammad Uthman »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »

but we never gave up.

^^ Never gave up until the second half of the 7th game in the 1rst round of the playoffs.

Ummm, we still didn't give up...We gave up when it was self-evident that there was no way back from a 25 point deficit in the 4th quarter. Anyways, this is a thread to appreciate, not hate...You need to get the fuck outta here... ::)

I admit, my post was out of bounds, this is an appreciation thread so let me give the Lakers a little appreciation.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA.  It's up to some of the other guys to step it up.  I don't think it's going to happen with the current cast of players.  They are going to need to add another key addition to this team to make things happen.  They need a Scottie Pippen.

But anyway, props to the Lakers, that Suns series was one of the best first round series ever.  The Lakers overachieved in a highly competitive Western Confrence, and had they been able to make it to the LA Clippers I think they had a good chance of ending up all the way in the Western Confrence Finals, they really had the haters on their backs.  Also, props to NIB/Sccit, he's a for real Lakers fan, and I respect his loyalty to the team, cause there are alot of haters out there to defend against. 

Thanks...I'm really glad you have some appreciation to show and I take back my previous comment towards you. I believe this series was part of a growth process and I have a feeling that Kobe and the Lakers will be back next season with a vengeance...I can't wait until they return and hopefully number 24 is the start of a new era for the leader of this Laker franchise...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 12:36:51 AM »
It was an Up & Down Season. We Had some tough loses, Some Great Wins, A lot of great moments. Kobe's 81 pts, 62 in 3 qts, Bynum Dunked on Shaq. And I Can't wait till next season. 8)

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
honestly, i give props to the Lakers. They had a decent year. I argued with NIK alot cus i thought his opinions were ridiculous lol Also, i think alot of u put expectations on your team that were just too high. But considering what their goals were this year, they did good. I was sayin all year on here, that they Lakers goal this year wasnt a championship....it was to be above .500 and to make the playoffs. They did that, so consider the year a success on that note. They competed in the playoffs, and pushed the Suns. I dont ever say that a team "should have" won a series. If you should have, then you would have. Theres a ton of different things that affect the outcome of a series and you can argue for either side. But all in all, yall had as good a year as could be expected with this squad. I still think you need to make some moves in the offseason and id expect yall to be better next year. But u cant predict that until we see what moves are made by everyone during the offseason.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 07:04:52 PM »
It was an Up & Down Season. We Had some tough loses, Some Great Wins, A lot of great moments. Kobe's 81 pts, 62 in 3 qts, Bynum Dunked on Shaq. And I Can't wait till next season. 8)

dexter

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 12:31:49 PM »
Props to keep it real as a Lakers fan... yep it was a very good season after all, just dissapointing by this lack of winner mentality in Game7.. but we showed we can stay with the Phoenix which, despite of their inside weakness, is a tough team to deal with.(though don't forget Kurt Thomas was out, putting Amare apart...). For the next season I don't know, of course don't change the whole roster but some key moves are necessary, to be honest I'm impatient to see our team back on top. Props to the whole team (especially Ronny , this guy has given the whole world a life lesson, hope he will be in the rotation much more next season) and props to the real Lakers fans (they aren't that much now)
Go Lakers!