Author Topic: Newcastle 'yet to move for Kuyt'  (Read 93 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Newcastle 'yet to move for Kuyt'
« on: May 23, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »

Newcastle 'yet to move for Kuyt'

Feyenoord insist they have not received an offer for their striker Dirk Kuyt, with Newcastle having shown interest in the Holland international.

"Nobody has come in for Dirk," a Feyenoord spokesman told BBC Sport.

"He is contracted until 2009 so we expect him here next season, but you never know. He also said he would only leave for one of his dream teams."

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder said that he is planning to watch the 25-year-old Dutch star at the World Cup.

"He is certainly one of several players we are looking at and I am looking forward to seeing him in Germany," the St James' Park manager told the Evening Chronicle.

Kuyt mentioned that the Magpies were one of the "dream" clubs he would like to join.

"I would love to play in the North-East," he was quoted as saying in reports this week.

"I love English football. I also think my style of play is completely right for the Premiership. A club like Newcastle would be my dream."

Roeder said he was not surprised by Kuyt's comments.

"Dirk's a player I like and I have found it interesting what he has had to say over the last few days," he added.

"It doesn't really shock me that he said he wanted to come here, though.

"Any player with the sort of quality he has would surely want to join a club like Newcastle."

Last season Tottenham and Liverpool said they were interested in signing the Feyenoord striker, while Everton failed with a £10m bid.

Kuyt also claimed that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had come to Rotterdam to watch him.

The forward began his career at FC Utrecht in 1998 before moving to Feyenoord in 2003.

He has scored 71 goals in 101 matches since signing, including 22 last season.

Kuyt has won 16 caps for the national team and hit the target four times.
NO MORE WAR