Author Topic: What do you think the Raptors will do with the #1 pick  (Read 982 times)

PLANT

What do you think the Raptors will do with the #1 pick
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »
Do you think they will use the pick?  Or trade the pick?

I'd like to see LaMarcus Aldridge or Adam Morrison in a Raps uniform.  I think that would give them a talented, young and pretty dope frontcourt with Bosh, Charlie V., and either Morrison or Alrdige.  At the same time, if they could get some good players by way of trade, Im all for it. 

For example, do you guys think if they traded the pick and say Mo Peterson they could get a player like Ray Allen, or Paul Pierce?  Maybe Marbury or someone else. 

They definatley need a banger down low, I dont know how they will go about doing that.  Also, what do you think they should do with Mike James?  James has said he'd like to go to Houston and hes building a home there already.  Personally, I think they should let James go and spend the money on another good player.  Although Im not sure whatkind of PG's are on the market right now.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: What do you think the Raptors will do with the #1 pick
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
Ray Allen turns 31 in July so I wouldn't trade for him. Marbury is nothing but a distraction so I would trade for him either. Too bad there is no LeBron or Yao type players in this years draft. I doubt they will trade there pick for a player. Trading a #1 draft pick is really compliacated. I say take a big man like LaMarcus Aldridge 6-11 or Andrea Bargnani 6-11. Hell they can even trade down and take a center like Patrick O'Bryant or Hilton Armstrong. As for Mike james, just let him go if he wants to go. Go to the free agent market (They may even be luckly to get a guy like Gordon, since they'll be far under the cap).

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »
If they got Gordon, that would be sick!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:52:13 PM »
If they got Gordon, that would be sick!
Oops, allow me to clear that up. I ment a guy like Gordon. He's still under contract. :(

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »
BTW, I read in SLAM that Aldridge and Bosh are homies.  They played together in Dallas where they both grew up.  So that would make it even better to have him play along side his friend, Chris Bosh....And you know Bosh would be a great player for LaMarcus to learn from.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 05:00:17 PM by PLANT IZ ACTIVE »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 05:02:23 PM »
BTW, I read in SLAM that Aldridge and Bosh are homies.  They played together in Dallas where they both grew up.  So that would make it even better to have him play along side his friend, Chris Bosh....And you know Bosh would be a great player for LaMarcus to learn from.
That is definatly the tempting route, but they both play PF. :-\

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »
that doesnt matter... If they have Bosh at 6'10, Aldridge at 6'11, and Charlie V at 6'10, thats a pretty scary frontcourt.  All athletic bigmen who can play the perimeter. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »
that doesnt matter... If they have Bosh at 6'10, Aldridge at 6'11, and Charlie V at 6'10, thats a pretty scary frontcourt.  All athletic bigmen who can play the perimeter. 
Weird rotation, but it could work with some help off the bench (a strong center even if not that talented). Aldridge has a good inside game anyways. That trio would be deadly with time to develop and spend together. If they get a good point guard they can be a poor man's Pistons in a couple years.

rik

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
Well Bosh is goin to be a Laker pretty soon so...

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
exactly!  I still think they need a banger inside tho like Pryzbilla (Portland) or a player like Udonis Haslem.  And of course, a PG.

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »
keep dreaming.  Im willing to bet money on Bosh staying in Toronto.  Its already been said by the GM , and Bosh himself wants to stay in Toronto. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »
You listen to NIK too much. Even if he was leaning that way a season with the trio together he would probably change is mind. The question is, which one do I want? I am more a Laker fan then a Raptors fan, so that would want me to have Bosh go to L.A. But as a Raptor fan I know that if he leaves the Raptors then it will be a living hell for Toronto. And I don't want that even if he goes to the Lakers. Which way should I hope for? :-\ Right now I want him to stay. But I know once he becomes a free agent and he considers what to do, my desires may switch to seeing the Lakers in all its glory. :-\ What to want? :-\ But in the end he'll probably stay in T.O. anyways. :P

rik

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »
You listen to NIK too much.
Not Nik try Greg Anthony or one of those ESPN columnist.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 05:28:21 PM »
BTW, If you guys get Garnett, or all the other players you say you're getting.....how are you gona have Bosh on there too?

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »
anyways, I dont want another Laker topic.  This topic was created to talk about the Raps #1 pick.