Author Topic: Japan going Ape Shit over the Nintendo Wii  (Read 293 times)

Trauma-san

Japan going Ape Shit over the Nintendo Wii
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:30:18 AM »
Japanese gaming mag Famitsu (www.famitsu.com) recently held a poll of the Japanese game buying public (they're kind of like IGN.com over here) and asked them which upcoming hardware system they're most excited about.  The results were %68.8 were most interested in the Wii, with only 21% most interested in the PS3, and 7.2% most interested in the 360.  When asked which system they expected to 'win' the next console war, 73% claimed they felt the Wii would win the next generation war, with only 22.6% feeling that the PS3 would.  A whopping 88.4% of surveyed japanese gamers felt that the PS3 price was way too high.  The game that most excited japanese consumers (that's coming out soon) was Zelda: Twilight Princess. 

So, I guess that tells the story in Japan.  The DS is currently setting hardware sales records, and they've got 7? I think DS games that sold over a million units in the past year. 

Of course, some dumbass (cough, cough, shallow) said that everybody at Nintendo would lose their jobs over this 'dumb' idea.  Here in the real world, Nintendo's poised to make a fucking fortune off of it.  That is all. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Japan going Ape Shit over the Nintendo Wii
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »
yea the wii's future is looking great,cant wait to get one when it comes out 8)

do u got a DS or no?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 12:33:07 PM »
Great, Nintendo were the only ones that really tried to do something new.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 05:55:45 PM »
I really hope that Nintedo will a) make a fortune off the Wii and b) that they get the props that they deserve...

It would show that money can´t create a great system.. I mean Sony and Microsoft have virtually unlimited funds.. So they could both just push Nintendo out of the gaming wars...  If I was Bill Gates I´d sell those fucking X Boxes for 9.99$ and every game for like 5.99$ just to bankrupt Nintendo... afterwards you could still raise prices lol

Good to see that Nintendo goes a different way this time... I´m really looking forward to the Wii..

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
I don't think that even if Microsoft did that it would bankrupt Nintendo, because Nintendo runs their business so that they make profit on everrrrrrything, it's a very conservative business model that's scalable... for instance, they still made tons of money off the gamecube even though it didn't sell well at all.  Even if they sell a few systems, they still turn a profit.  Sony and Microsoft rely more on marketing strategies that need immense sales to break even.

Black_Smoke, yes, I have a DS, but not a Lite.  I sell and buy games at the flea market, I'll probably just wait for someone to bring me a used Lite. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 11:10:24 PM »
^what games u play the most for DS?^

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 10:17:55 PM »
Great, Nintendo were the only ones that really tried to do something new.