Author Topic: did Amare Stoudemire really change his jersey number?  (Read 719 times)

GangstaBoogy

did Amare Stoudemire really change his jersey number?
« on: May 29, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »
I haven't heard anything about it but the homie was just tellin me that ESPN reported that Amare put in a request to change his jersey number to #1 (for "spiritual reasons").

True? False?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: did Amare Stoudemire really change his jersey number?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
True...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:59:31 PM »
Amare to change jersey number from No. 32 to No. 1

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The fresh start Amare Stoudemire hopes to make next season doesn't stop at the knees.

Stoudemire, never shy about proclaiming his potential for greatness, will be wearing a new jersey in 2006-07 -- No. 1 -- after a '05-06 season in which he was limited to three games because of two knee surgeries.

ESPN.com has learned that Stoudemire formally applied to the league before the March 3 deadline to change his jersey number from 32 to 1 starting next season. For a player to change numbers without being traded, he must have worn the same number for at least four seasons and complete the application process.

Suns rookie Dijon Thompson wore No. 1 this season. Stoudemire has worn No. 32 since the Suns selected him ninth overall in the 2002 draft and sported No. 12 as a member of the 2004 U.S. Olympic team.

Stoudemire this week confirmed the number change to ESPN.com but said he prefers to address the switch after the season.

The only other player in the league to apply for a number change for next season is the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, who's moving from No. 8 to No. 24.

League rules dictate that Stoudemire and Bryant will have to keep their new numbers for a minimum of three seasons.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 10:37:49 PM »
great two of my favorite players are getting new numbers...and stupid numbers at that.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
Fuck that nigga!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:33:45 AM »
lol. 1 is a lame number for a big guy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »
when Amare changes numbers its lame but when Kobe does it, it marks the beginning of a new chapter in his career  ::) ::) ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:12 PM »
when Amare changes numbers its lame but when Kobe does it, it marks the beginning of a new chapter in his career  ::) ::) ::)

LOL. No one says changing his number is lame...I was agreeing about not liking the idea of a big having a small number. Get off the niznuts. :-* :-* :-*

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 07:18:07 PM »

i don't like the idea of kobe changing his number AT ALL.

although, it would be tight if the NBA retired number 8 this season, it'd make Kobe look even greater  ;D

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:18:38 PM »
maybe its his fav number? whats the big deal its jsut a number. only reason i hate that kobe is changing his number is bc 8 is my fav. number.  :)

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 08:25:25 PM »
when Amare changes numbers its lame but when Kobe does it, it marks the beginning of a new chapter in his career ::) ::) ::)

although, it would be tight if the NBA retired number 8 this season, it'd make Kobe look even greater ;D
nah i wasn't saying that to you, your cool cuz ur a fan not a dickrider thats why i always respect what you say, i was saying that to Nik

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:40:16 PM »
they r both stupid for changing their numbers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:36 AM »
when Amare changes numbers its lame but when Kobe does it, it marks the beginning of a new chapter in his career ::) ::) ::)

although, it would be tight if the NBA retired number 8 this season, it'd make Kobe look even greater ;D
nah i wasn't saying that to you, your cool cuz ur a fan not a dickrider thats why i always respect what you say, i was saying that to Nik

You're just too retarded to understand that I wasn't saying I cared if he changed his number, just like I don't care if Kobe does...I was saying small numbers on bigs look lame. Improve your comprehensive skill, and return with something useful...PeACe

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
you are a douche  :-*