Author Topic: Prosecutor Says Proof's Slaying Was Justified !!!!  (Read 1244 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Prosecutor Says Proof's Slaying Was Justified !!!!
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:54:46 PM »
A Detroit-area prosecutor ruled Tuesday (May 30) that the bouncer who shot and killed Proof on April 11 acted in his cousin's defense.

Mario Etheridge was charged only with weapons violations three days after the nightclub shootout, but Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy kept murder charges a possibility, noting the investigation "was far from over".

Read The Whole Story
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Prosecutor Says Proof's Slaying Was Justified !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 08:59:56 PM »
i would have killed proof too if i was in that situation...

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
i would have killed proof too if i was in that situation...

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »
yeap me 2

eNgIeS

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 04:58:42 AM »
Wat happened to proof was sad, he did something very stupid while being very drunk & cost someone there life & the only way anyone could try & stop him from doing so was to take him out. Sad But Proofs slaying was justifiable homicide & anyone who says not are blinded by the fame & the music

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 05:22:08 AM »
Wat happened to proof was sad, he did something very stupid while being very drunk & cost someone there life & the only way anyone could try & stop him from doing so was to take him out. Sad But Proofs slaying was justifiable homicide & anyone who says not are blinded by the fame & the music

Funkstradamus

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »
real talk....anybody defending that bullshit he did is Shady Stan/dick-riding groupie...

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »
Sayin a death is justified? That's just fucked, the fuck up.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:09:41 PM »

woulda did the samething

proof coulda handle the situation way betta than he did..

bouncer had all kinds of options and 2 of them was shooting and the other one was just let proof go while his kinfolk die...

if a rapper dumps on my family, fuck his career..

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »
Murder charges will not be given to a man allegedly responsible for the recent death of D12 rapper Proof, a prosecutor ruled Tuesday (May 30).

According to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, Mario Etheridge shot and killed Proof in an act of self-defense.

In May, authorities charged the 28-year-old with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit as well as firing two shots in the air inside a building.

Although Etheridge was not charged in the killing, he is scheduled to appear in court Friday (June 2) for a final meeting on the other two charges.

Etheridge's avoidance of the murder charge is the newest development in the aftermath following the death of Proof and Etheridges' cousin, Keith Bender, 35.

The rapper and Bender died around 4:30 a.m. April 11 following a heated argument the two had at the C.C.C. Club on 8 Mile Road.

In a timeline of the events released Tuesday, prosecutors revealed that Etheridge and another man intervened in the argument.

The timeline further stated that Bender threw the first punch after Proof asked Bender to take the argument outside, according to the Detroit Free Press, and that the rapper got a gun from another man soon after going outside.

Bender's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit in May against Proof's estate, claiming the Detroit lyricist "violently assaulted and battered [Bender], culminating with the infection of a gunshot injury that caused the death of Mr. Bender."

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5723
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 05:15:08 PM by Mr. Humonculous »

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »
Im not arguing anything anyones said, but the bouncer proof killed, pulled his gun first during the confrontation so proofs actions were justified as well, as far as i can tell, but then again we werent there so we have no idea....its just a series of unfortunate events

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 08:38:25 PM »
yea, agree. ppl shouldnt see this through the eyes of a fan...
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 01:03:04 AM »

real talk... he was a good guy but he caused that shit himself, although IMO nobody "deserves" to die under any circumstances

coola

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 01:14:32 AM »
has anyone ever been charged for killing a rapper ?  :eh:

eNgIeS

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 02:52:33 AM »
Sayin a death is justified? That's just fucked, the fuck up.

Um dude, next time a person shoots u in the head & stands over u about to shoot again, i will tell nobody to stop that person from shooting you. Thats what you are condoning if u dont think Proofs death was justified. What did u expect someone to do while he shootin yo cousin on the floor, tickle him or kiss his ass. Geezz some people really  ::)