Author Topic: So people have said i should listen to the new ghostface  (Read 424 times)

BigBDrugStores

So people have said i should listen to the new ghostface
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:36:41 PM »
i did. its trash. just listened to it front to back with an open mind. let me ask you people a question, how the hell is you first single the best song on the cd? and who the fuck produced the album, sounds like some 1st grader type of shit, very repetitive and not complex. i felt that every beat exept for a few had the same, or very close to the same drum patterns. i almost fell asleep behind the wheel listening to it.

it gets 2 stars. it would have gotten 1 star but i do own daz-who rides with us vol. 2 and that cd totaly blew.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So people have said i should listen to the new ghostface
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »
The producers for the album were mostly no name.  Pete Rock, J Dilla, and some other producers wer on it.  The album was solid.  It is real.  Dude doesn't rap about how many cars and shit he has.  He talks about New York which is where hip op was originated from. Definately has the old hip hop feel from like 10 years ago.  However, people have different tastes.  I like a lot of New York hip-hop.  I feel "Be Easy", "Kilo" and pretty much the whole album.  I don't think it is missing a lot personally.  True, a lot of the beats were the same but as Phonte of Little Brother said, "Dope beats, dope rhymes, this shit ain't that hard to do".
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:48:33 AM »
Its a nice album, just too long.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:16:56 AM »
I got this when it came out and I still haven't listened to it... :(

So much new music coming out these days it's hard to keep up...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »
i didnt like it either...i dont get all the hype

peace

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:08:43 AM »
I thought it was ok, not as good as Pretty Toney !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Diabolical

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »
ALot of Wu albums are a bit too long.

Then again its better than Dipset, who could make a one second CD and it would still be too long.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
i i almost fell asleep behind the wheel listening to it.

All this time i thought you were 12

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »
I liked it...i Guess u just gotta be able to appreciate lyrics to like this cd. I like it!

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 02:12:15 PM »
album of the year so far

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
those of you who dont like it for the most part must not be listening to the lyrics. if you were youd appreciate the storytelling and messages in it. im willing to say that a lot of yall dont like it cus it doesnt have beats with 808 deep bass, synthesizers, and shit like that.

i can understand how the dipset fans wouldnt like it, cus dipset isnt lyrical except for a few of the new cats, and for the most part they just ride phat beats.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »
I thought it was pretty nice, better than Pretty Tony IMO

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
those of you who dont like it for the most part must not be listening to the lyrics.
no i was listening to the lyrics. it sucked and the concepts of the cd, of course you got the rob/kill/ima thug records but im a thug because im going to beat this little kids ass. come on. and his voice, "yo im rapping like im taking a 1 hour 4 minute and 48 second shit. And it just aint comin, lord i hope its falls soon." (<- an example of his ryhming scheme and flow)
the cd was 24 tracks too long

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »
those of you who dont like it for the most part must not be listening to the lyrics. if you were youd appreciate the storytelling and messages in it. im willing to say that a lot of yall dont like it cus it doesnt have beats with 808 deep bass, synthesizers, and shit like that.

i can understand how the dipset fans wouldnt like it, cus dipset isnt lyrical except for a few of the new cats, and for the most part they just ride phat beats.

Whoa whoa cuzzo dont get it twsited im a huge dipset fan but i love Fishscale, Im feelin this Album and i have always liked Ghostface and every other nigga from the WU. Im just not stucc in the mid and ealry 90's listening to only this. I listen to all kinds of rap and hip hop. I like this album just as much as i like Juelz new cd or Killa Season. Different but i like em all equal. I just cant listen to one kind of rap all the time and i tfeel like alot of these niggaz tight in they own way. But i think its unfair for you ro say that you can see why dipset fans wouldnt like this and blah blah, becuz i am one person that proves you wrong.