Author Topic: Creative Zen V (Creatives answer to the ipod nano)  (Read 118 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Creative Zen V (Creatives answer to the ipod nano)
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »
Creative Zen V Plus Preview
The V Plus takes aim at the iPod Nano and scores a head shot.

June 21, 2006 - Though it might seem like nothing can throw the iPod juggernaut off its course of mp3 domination, Creative has long been out to do just that. The company has a solid reputation for delivering iPod alternatives that not only let you say "iDon't" but also boast many built-in features that Apple's players lack. The Zen Vision: M bettered the iPod Video in many respects, from battery life and supported video formats to screen quality and built in FM and recording capabilities.

Now Creative is taking aim at the iPod Nano with their newest addition to the Zen line, the V Plus. The diminutive player is barely larger than the ear buds it employs, yet sports a variety of features the Nano completely lacks. Creative's usual built-in voice recorder and FM receiver are there, as is support for online music services such as Yahoo! Music Unlimited, Urge, Napster To Go, Rhapsody To Go, Audible audio books and Soundbuzz.

By far the coolest new features, however, are the Zen V Plus' ability to play videos on its 1.5 inch OLED screen and ability to encode CDs on the fly via a line-in jack. The V Plus will support every video format playable on its larger cousin, the Vision: M, namely DivX4/5, XviD5, MPEG-1/2/4SP, and WMV 9. Bundled software will allow for easy encoding to the V Plus' resolution, and the V Plus will also be able to flip videos horizontally on the screen for a wider aspect ratio. The line-in recording feature is also quite exciting, in that users will be able to rip CDs to mp3 without a PC.

The Zen V Plus will be released in August in a variety of storage size and color combinations. The 1GB model will be available in black or white with orange highlights for $129.99, the 2GB in black or white with green for $169.9, and the 4GB in black with blue accents for $229.99. Creative will also launch the Zen V, essentially the same machine with the FM receiver and video playback features removed a month earlier, in July, for $25 less in each storage size. At these prices, both the V and V Plus models will be more cost-efficient than the iPod Nano.

Creative will support the V series with a variety of accessories, including a belt-clip / armband package for $29.99 and a colorful selection of protective skins that will retail for $19.99.

-From Ign.com

pics

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sikotic™

Re: Creative Zen V (Creatives answer to the ipod nano)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:38:47 PM »
That shit's thicker than Vida's ass.

Wack.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »
looks clean to me i like it

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:55:40 AM »
Looks nice! I like the competition between iPod & Creative actually. It makes them put the quality of their product first...
I've got a Creative Zen Touch 40 GB and I've never had any problems with it. Meanwhile, some of my friends have iPods and they got all sorts of problems: batteries that stop working, the screen that doesn't lit up anymore, etc...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 02:18:13 AM »
Looks nice! I like the competition between iPod & Creative actually. It makes them put the quality of their product first...
I've got a Creative Zen Touch 40 GB and I've never had any problems with it. Meanwhile, some of my friends have iPods and they got all sorts of problems: batteries that stop working, the screen that doesn't lit up anymore, etc...

Yep. I have Zen Micro, so far its great.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:06:36 AM »
Creative >>>>> iPod

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »
im gonna buy a a video-ipod, cause i need the gb!

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24