Author Topic: what happened to great sci fi acton movies?  (Read 119 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
what happened to great sci fi acton movies?
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:53:43 AM »
remember the days of aliens, terminator..........total recall.........shit even some of the lesser movies, shit even films like commando and so on.....though that aint sci fi but you now what im saying man, true action films, big bad ass muthafuckas, interesting locations, sick weapons......and with all this a dope story to.......with some dope cats making the film.........

now they got all the money and technology in the world and they cant get a decent real old school type action film made, the older ones shit all over the new ones..........truth be told.......even though vin diesel is a horrible actor, pitch black........part 1 was a dope film.......what happened to cats like james cameron movies? he goes awol after titanic or some shi? now we get science ficton action films like doom and other shit were the cast and film just dont cut it like back in the day, these cats go no excuses...

westkoastanostra

Re: what happened to great sci fi acton movies?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:21:34 AM »
thats cause action films are sooooo 1980s and i dont know about sci-fi movies....

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 08:34:04 AM »
Well I actually liked Chronicles Of Riddick and UltraViolet...

Die Hard 4.0 is gonna be great I think I'm expecting alot from that one and Paul Verhoeven really should do another Total Recall type of movie with a BIG budget, stunning SPFX and lots of bloody violence!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »
People aren't as interested in sci-fi/action as they used to be. It's almost like what started happening to horror in the 90's..."Alien vs. Predator" was a decent modern day film combining sci-fi and action...AND horror. But that wasn't even too great. "Alien vs. Predator 2" is supposed to be A LOT better, especially since Paul WS Anderson will have NOTHING to do with it...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »
The Matrix series wasn't so long ago. 

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »
AVP was pretty cool IMO haha

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 08:04:57 PM »
the action in AVP was cool, its just the actors sucked, and the whole thing with the girl and the predator was just dumb

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »
the action in AVP was cool, its just the actors sucked, and the whole thing with the girl and the predator was just dumb

And the movie was more orientated towards the PG-13 crowd... :(

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 03:28:07 PM »
I agree.  Bring back the balls to the wall R rated action movie.  Fuck these pussy ass PG 13 action movies, most of the time I don't even watch those anymore.  The PG 13 rating has fucked the action genre.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »
^^True. PG-13 has pretty much watered down a lot of movies that had great potential. I believe the next "Alien vs. Predator" is gunna be R, as it should be, seeing as the first 6 movies between both franchcises were R...But also keep in mind that back then they didn't allow as much violence to pass with a PG-13 rating as they do nowadays...Paul WS Anderson was not the right person to hand 2 legendary franchises to. Thankfully, they realized that and will have someone more qualified doing the next one...Should be a lot better...PeACe