Poll

Who's Going to the Semis?

Germany
7 (36.8%)
Argentina
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Quarter Finals: Germany vs Argentina (Match 57)  (Read 1197 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Quarter Finals: Germany vs Argentina (Match 57)
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2006, 11:07:06 AM »
Hosting the world cup is of course a significant advantage. For all the obvious reasons. But depicting all pro sports to be a huge set up with involved players and coaches of the losing team is an outrageous claim. After things happen you can often connect a potential agenda towards them. Bottom line remains that it's not the time to elaborate on a huge conspiracy theory concerning all pro sports when people just enjoy the world cup and are full of emotions and basically just want to have a great time.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:22 PM »
Bottom line remains that it's not the time to elaborate on a huge conspiracy theory concerning all pro sports when people just enjoy the world cup and are full of emotions and basically just want to have a great time.

If that was the bottom line then I wouldn't bother with my theories. The problem is with many fans of the World Cup teams is that it goes far beyond that. It may not happen in civilized places like Canada or Germany, but in much of the 2nd and 3rd world it can lead to riots, violence, and even murder whether it be over gambling or just stupid pride. Remember that Columbian player that was found killed in his country after he accidentally kicked in an own goal? Football can be used on a much greater scale than just having good old fun rooting for your team. It can change the mindset of entire countries, like having Argentina beat the oppressing England in '86 and not just beat them but steal a victory from them (which is why I not only think the hand ball was ignored but preplanned to occur; making Diego Maradona a super hero, and making the Argentine population forget about all the shit their own country does to them). I'm not saying every player is just an actor; just that certain players, coaches, and refs are forced to be in on the fix when need be.

All the players are phenominal athletes aand I take nothing away from them but they know sometimes they have to play ball ratrher than play their best football. This is nothing new in the pro sports world. It's been going on for years. Shit even this year in football the Italian league is being put on trial for it. Germany may or may not win. The odds are in their favour right now, even if it wasn't held in Germany, but there was absolitely no reason to replace Crespo with Cruz, and I for one refuse to believe Jose Pekerman is a fool. There was at least 13 minutes of play time left and you were up 1 point against the home country. If you weren't in on the fix you better believe that the refs would have been pressured to try and get Germany to tie it up (I'm not saying the refs are the reason Germany tied. I'm saying as an opposing coach you would think that. See Germany vs England from '66 in the final if you really want to see ref bias). So the logical move is to put in Messi as a just in case. It was your last sub and you needed insurance. Let's not also forget he's one of the best players you have.

wcsoldier

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:36 PM »
Pekermann cost Argentina the game.. Sorry you don't stop playing your game when u lead 1-0 BUT with 40 min left, WTF he was thinking.. At this point his tactic was just WEIRD, me and my friends were like 'WTF he wants to defend their lead instead of keep playing their passing game during 40 mins   ::)" Sometimes the coach lost a game on his own, this is the PERFECT example

coola

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »
lol shallow you always into conspiracies... argentina lost, the goalie had no chance with that header. he didnt know if it would go left or right, he got stuck.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »
lol shallow you always into conspiracies... argentina lost, the goalie had no chance with that header. he didnt know if it would go left or right, he got stuck.

At least I'm consistent. Look what's going on in the Italian League as we speak. Thrirty people being brought up on charges for fixing games. They are unnamed but are members of that league in high positions. If it can happen there it can happen in Fifa.

Let e ask you a simple question; if you lost your superstar goalie to injury late in the game and you are only up by 1 goal would you use your other two subs to take off all your offense and put in only defense with the threat of a second string goalie and no strikers going into extra time? Only an idiot would do that and I don't think of Pekerman as an idiot. Even if that was the only thing that was part of the fix, that's enough to basically throw away the game. Now if the golaie was injured after the 2 subs then I'd understand but he made those 2 subs after he subbed the goalie.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2006, 03:07:15 AM »
^^^^^^^^

Hmmm i dunno, it sounds like some shit that would happen in South America or Africa, seems a bit far fetched on such a large stage. HOw woud you explain USA 94 if your going with your "Hosts always do well" theory?....

The Maestro

mauzip

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2006, 03:11:38 AM »
^^^^^^^^

Hmmm i dunno, it sounds like some shit that would happen in South America or Africa, seems a bit far fetched on such a large stage. HOw woud you explain USA 94 if your going with your "Hosts always do well" theory?....

lack of even a bit decent players :P

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2006, 03:14:20 AM »
SHit team with refereeing decisions on their side = a good team

The Maestro

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2006, 06:50:34 AM »
^^^^^^^^

It is something that happened in Italy; one of the biggest Soccer leagues in the world. Men are ready to go on trial. It is something that happened in the US when the Sox were caught throwing the World Series. These are just the ones where the people were caught and it was made public.

As for US in '94. In '90 U didn't win a game. In '78, '82, and '86 US wasn't even in the World Cup. When they host it they advance to the second round and hold off Brazil to only 1-0 in the playoff match. My theory was the host alweays does way better than they should do. I'd say that qualifies for a team that almost never makes it to the tournament and never wins a game. Shit tema do okay when they host. Good and great teams end up doing amazing.