Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 783 times)

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
Re: Superman Returns
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »
Superman vs Batman is on the cards, but it will be Superman & Batman, they won't be fighting, so it will be a 'Worlds Finest' of sorts.. and it wont be until after another movie or so of each character if it ever happens

please no!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »
Superman vs Batman is on the cards, but it will be Superman & Batman, they won't be fighting, so it will be a 'Worlds Finest' of sorts.. and it wont be until after another movie or so of each character if it ever happens

"Freddy vs. Jason" > "Superman vs. Batman"

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 12:39:52 PM »
I saw it and honestly, it did nothing for me. It was well done, but I dunno, just seemed to lack something.

Kevin Spacey did really well as Lex Luthor.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
One thing about the movie that was pretty much bullshit is how the whored the Superman character out.  About 3 glaring things strike out at me.

1.  There's a scene where the guy says "He stands for Truth, Justice..." and then doesn't say "And the American Way!".  Now, i know that's probably to be p.c. and to sell all over the world, but fuck that.  Why change something that's been the same (kind of ) since the 30's?  The film makers have no testicles.

2.  SPOILER DO NOT READ

SPOILER DO NOT READ

SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!

Superman apparently fucked Lois Lane then flew away for 5 years leaving her to raise a kid alone?  That's not superman, that's supermale.  Men take care of their children, and they don't have unprotected sex with somebody then take off for 5 years while she figures it out.

3.  Lois Lane is fucking some dude and letting him think that the kid's his.  Plus they live together.  That's I guess 'modern' day reality, but that doesn't mean it's right.  So a kid goes to see this movie, and what should he think?  Little girls that see this movie get the message that it's alright to fuck somebody out of wedlock; it's alright to have kids out of wedlock; it's alright to live with somebody out of wedlock; and it's alright to work extremely long hours and leave your young children at home to grow up by themselves without you.  That's all bullshit. 

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 07:42:15 PM »
I Thought The Movie Was Super! Sike ,On The Real, It Was Cool. Great Effects And Visuals. The Part Where He's Getting Shot at With The Gattling Gun Was Awesome. Wish It Had More Action Though
My Future Wife:

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 08:42:11 PM »

3.  Lois Lane is fucking some dude and letting him think that the kid's his.  Plus they live together.  That's I guess 'modern' day reality, but that doesn't mean it's right.  So a kid goes to see this movie, and what should he think?  Little girls that see this movie get the message that it's alright to fuck somebody out of wedlock; it's alright to have kids out of wedlock; it's alright to live with somebody out of wedlock; and it's alright to work extremely long hours and leave your young children at home to grow up by themselves without you.  That's all bullshit.

No offense, but that's a pretty petty reason to not like the flick.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 09:28:08 PM »
Nah, I liked the movie.  And that's not petty.  That's part of what's wrong with the world today, things like that are trivialized.  The kid in the movie had a mom who was unavailable to him, she thought her job was more important than her kid having a mom.  I don't agree with that. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 01:22:10 AM »
It's just a movie. Take it easy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »
I am taking it easy, but I'm not allowed to make observations?  I didn't even mention it in my first post above, I just mentioned it later as an afterthought of something interesting I noticed that your brain just absorbed without seeing the meaning and the message behind it. 

Big BpG

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
You make great points because "Superman" is suppose to represent the Truth, Justice and theAmerican way. In fact, in the early days he was used as a political figure... even listen to the lines of his father during the movie... he describes humans as having the potential to be great, but we always make mistakes... however, you are my son, and you lead by example and show them how good they can be... then he bangs lois and disappears... if you compare Clark to Superman, Clark is the sweet guy, who would never do something like that to Lois, but Superman will do that.... I must say, they mis-represent what Superman is suppose to Represent... the good in all of us...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

J Bananas

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 03:23:09 PM »
"Batman" and "Batman Returns" shits on anything the "Superman" franchise has put out AND "Batman Begins"...
WORD cant fuck with the Prince Soundtrack either!

everything these dudes said is pure bible scripture, nobody can offer a different opinion. NOBODY!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »
You make great points because "Superman" is suppose to represent the Truth, Justice and theAmerican way. In fact, in the early days he was used as a political figure... even listen to the lines of his father during the movie... he describes humans as having the potential to be great, but we always make mistakes... however, you are my son, and you lead by example and show them how good they can be... then he bangs lois and disappears... if you compare Clark to Superman, Clark is the sweet guy, who would never do something like that to Lois, but Superman will do that.... I must say, they mis-represent what Superman is suppose to Represent... the good in all of us...

SPOILER. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM

In Superman 2 when Clark tells his parents  he wants to be with Lois they make him a mortal, then he and Lois get together, sleep togther, and get or are about to get married. Then Zod takes over and Clark gets his powers back to fight him and when it's all over he does the mind trick to Lois and makes her forget everything that  happened between him and her. That is where this movie starts from. When the astrologists say they found Krypton, I'd assume it was very shortly after the Superman 2 story line ends, Superman leaves to go find it and it takes 5 years to get there and back (yet it took thousands of years to go from Krypton to Earth as a baby in the space ship as Jorel reminds us in this move. Weird, I know, but they never explain how he got back and forth so who knows). Anyway, Superman had no idea the child was even conceived and he didn't know it was his until later in the film so it was hardly lack of judgement on Superman, and I'm pretty sure Cyclops knows the kid isn't his, or atleat he should, unless he got with Lois only a few weeks after Superman 2 ended.

I have my qualms with the film but overall I thought it was the best comic movie next to Superman 1, Batman Begins and Sin City. DC is really hitting homeruns as of late.

"Batman" and "Batman Returns" shits on anything the "Superman" franchise has put out AND "Batman Begins"...
WORD cant fuck with the Prince Soundtrack either!

everything these dudes said is pure bible scripture, nobody can offer a different opinion. NOBODY!

That's all nostalgia man. You guys were kids when you first saw Batman and Batman Returns and that's how you invisioned Batman to be. I was a fan of the Frank Miller Batman and the Alan Moore Batman before I had ever seen the films so in my case I thought the films were terrible on first watch (even at a young age). They aren't Batman movies. They are Tim Burton movies and Batman just happens to be in them. Joker isn't Joker. It's Jack Nicholson with face paint, and Jack is amazing but he's not Joker. Not in that movie. Returns was just stupid goofy. I'll never quite understand how grown adults can rewatch the Burton Batman films and truthfully think they are better. Begins made it possible to think it could be even a bit real. It explained everything properly and took it so seriously and it's a movie about a man in a bat suit fighting crime. The first two just took that goofy concept and kept it goofy. I'm surprised Adam West didn't have a cameo.

The Watcher

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 07:45:52 PM »
^ i agree pretty much 100% except for the DC hitting home runs and superman returns being the best
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
^ i agree pretty much 100% except for the DC hitting home runs and superman returns being the best

I never said it was the best. I said it was worse than Superman 1 (I like it better than 2), Batman Begins, and Sin City. Let me know if I'm missing something. I think the last DC films were amazing when compared to the Marvel films. I haven't really liked any recent Marvel films except maybe the first X Men and I like returns more than X1.

Where do you think DC has swung and missed? You thought Returns was bad?

The Watcher

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 08:00:41 PM »
i thought Returns could've been better. i'm more a fan of the evil scientist/genius Lex Luthor rather than the Gene Hackman style with the Henchmen etc. I also thought Brandon Routh was trying to be too much like Christopher Reeve, but that's just me.

i think Batman Begins has been the best comic based movie ever, with x-men 3 coming in 2nd, but overall I prefer the Marvel movies (xmen, spiderman, fantastic four etc) to the DC movies
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden