Author Topic: Buying a new car  (Read 367 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Buying a new car
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
well not new, a used car

1996 Honda Prelude S-Coupe
72,000 Miles
$6000

this offer has got to be too good to be true, ima go out and check it out this weekend hopefully. And if it all checks out Ill buy it immediately after test driving.

-KIDRENEGADE-

BigBDrugStores

Re: Buying a new car
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
doenst sound too good to be true, it is 9 years old

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
doenst sound too good to be true, it is 9 years old

10,000 miles a year at 10 years old =100,000 miles

this car has only 72,000 its got a lot of drive left in it. I need it to last me the next 2-3 years at least, while I finish school

kelly blue book fair condition is listed at $6,159 good at $6,600 If the car is Good condition looks like a deal to me.

-KIDRENEGADE-

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »
already went through craigslist, only saw one car comparable to that deal :laugh: price/mileage

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »
That's not a good deal.  That's an average sale price.  On a 9 year old Honda the difference between value of 72,000 and 100,000 miles is negligable, they're trying to charge you an extra 10 percent because the car has less than 10k miles a year on it...

I mean, if it's the car you've been looking for, buy it if you want... but it's not a great deal or a too good to be true deal.  Hondas are good for 200k easy, a 9 year old honda with 100k is about as nice as a 9 year old honda with 72k. 

Ultimately, a car is worth what people will pay for it.  If you think it's a good deal and you're happy with it, buy the car.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:08 PM »
there's an 81 delorean for sale nearby. i took a look at it the other day it was beautiful. then i went to kragen and asked the dumbass for a replacement flux capacitor. he actually looked it up. lol

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:17 PM »
there's an 81 delorean for sale nearby. i took a look at it the other day it was beautiful. then i went to kragen and asked the dumbass for a replacement flux capacitor. he actually looked it up. lol

...that was me.

and at Trauma, I actually did some more research into it, checked the KBB and everything and its not as a great a deal as I thought before but still decent, its not my dream car or anything, I wanted a prelude before but not as much now but I ran across this one.  I need it to last 3 years at minimum and I'm pretty confident with this one.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:34:47 AM »
so wat i have 2 brand new ones in my garage that i neva used so if u need a flux capacirtor let me no

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 12:48:24 AM »
Try to talk him down. If he/she really needs to get rid of the car, you could get it for a grand less or even more.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 12:52:56 AM »
Try to talk him down. If he/she really needs to get rid of the car, you could get it for a grand less or even more.
dam! u have to talk for hours to get it that low but if u keep buggin the person im sure theyll either tell u to fuck off or go down 500 or so

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 12:57:56 AM »
All you gotta say is "I only have $5,000 at the moment". If the person is desperate for the money or to get rid of it, they'll take it. I've done it before.

I was selling a car a few years back and I sold the car for $500 less than my asking price because of lack of interest and I really wanted to get some money out of it. It never hurts to try.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 01:12:03 AM »
All you gotta say is "I only have $5,000 at the moment". If the person is desperate for the money or to get rid of it, they'll take it. I've done it before.

I was selling a car a few years back and I sold the car for $500 less than my asking price because of lack of interest and I really wanted to get some money out of it. It never hurts to try.

Ill tell him

I only have 5000 in cash let me cut u a check for 5500 but dont cash it for a week! or something

I dunno if I'll be able to haggle or not.  I'll give it a try or something.

-KIDRENEGADE-

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »
Ran across something else, that would be better hopefully
2000 VW Jetta
$6749
87,000 miles <---I'm gonna use that to haggle 'em down hopefully.

this car would be better for me, cuz I'll need a larger car to move to Santa Barbara at the end of the summer, and something I'd feel better driving long distances in.  Still undecided though

-KIDRENEGADE-

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »
ur better off wit a sports bike