Author Topic: NO! - Six Flags in Los Angeles could be gone  (Read 453 times)

WestCoasta

NO! - Six Flags in Los Angeles could be gone
« on: July 02, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »
saw an article in the LA Times about Six Flags possibly closing down

the owners might want to shut it down and sell the land

this would be gay cuz it's the best theme park in the area

Sikotic™

Re: NO! - Six Flags in Los Angeles could be gone
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 06:07:32 PM »
WTF!!! I just got my season pass to that place!

The only reason people live in Valencia is because of the revenue Six Flags brings into that city. If they close it down, people are gonna pack up and to back to the valley or LA.

It's weird because that's Six Flag's flagship themepark. They put more money into that place than any of their other parks which is why its their most successful. They just opened a new ride too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
damn that sucks! i havent even been to this one...but always wanted too!

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »
The only reason people live in Valencia is because of the revenue Six Flags brings into that city.
that's pretty much the main concern in the article, from the residents point of view

then they mentioned some shit about lots of fights happening there

I dunno maybe they aren't makin too much money

I go there like 1 time a year, but it would still be a shame for it to dissappear

rik

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 07:41:48 PM »
Thats wack...Even though I haven't gone to a theme park in like 5 years.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »
I gotta go soon then before they close it down, it's easily the best theme park here.  Universal Studios is my next favorite. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:46:36 PM »
^^ yeah good idea

but it really didn't make it clear how big or little of a chance it has at closing

didn't really give out details

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 07:47:21 PM »
Ahh I see. 

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:48:37 PM »
damn that would suck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 11:10:29 AM »
That would suck...It's probably one of the best theme parks in the world, people come to Cali just for Six Flags...Makes no sense, I doubt they'll let it happen...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 11:19:46 AM »
Great America owner Six Flags may sell six parks
The Business Journal of Milwaukee - June 23, 2006

Six Flags Inc., the operator of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Ill., is exploring the possibility of selling six of its theme parks as part of its efforts to cut debt and improve operations.

The amusement company's new management said in March that they want to focus on the company's parks "that have the highest strategic value."

Six Flags Great America is not among the parks that may be sold, but the company is actively marketing the sale of excess land it owns in Gurnee, about 45 miles south of Milwaukee.

The company is exploring options for its parks in Federal Way, Wash.; Buffalo, N.Y.; Concord, Calif.; Denver; Houston and Los Angeles. The parks may sold as going interests in a single transaction or in separate transactions. The firm might also sell some of the parks' rides separately, and sell the underlying land for redevelopment.

Six Flags (NYSE: SIX) has already sold the land of Six Flags Astroworld in Houston for $77 million; has agreed to sell the assets of the Columbus, Ohio, water park to the company's lessor, Columbus Zoo, for $2 million at the end of the lease term on Oct. 31, 2006; and has exercised the right to terminate the lease of the Sacramento, Calif., water park following the 2006 season and is currently in discussions with third parties to sell the rides and attractions at that park.

New York City-based Six Flags is also evaluating multiple bids on its two Oklahoma City parks and is actively marketing excess land at its park in Eureka, Mo.

"We're making progress with our strategy to focus on the growth of our strongest assets, reduce the company's debt, and generate increased value for our shareholders," said Mark Shapiro, who was named president and chief executive officer of Six Flags in December 2005.

Shapiro was hired a shareholders group led by Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. The group took control of Six Flags in November 2005, ousting three directors in the process, including then-CEO Kieran Burke. At the time, Six Flags was based in Oklahoma City and operated 30 amusement parks in North America.

Wow...That really sucks. They already sold the one in Houston...They're $2.5 billion in dept, they think selling some land will help them climb up out of it...They definitely shouldn't sell the one in Los Angeles though. It's probably their biggest one... :-\

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 12:25:35 PM »
I think Magic Mountain is the biggest Six Flags park and their biggest money maker. That would be like Disney selling off Disneyworld.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »
I BET that I know The Firm that is going to buy Six Flags, and the Management Group that they are going to appoint to run it.

Its going to be something like this:
http://www.palaceentertainment.com/news/

It's just a hunch, but i think they are going to do it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »
That would be gay as fuck.  I just got a season pass too, they better not close it.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »
they better not closed that shit that my shit...last time i went in my 15th birthdayz with my homie and we met some girl over there to....