Author Topic: 50 Cent, LL Cool J Team Up To Prove NYC Reigns Supreme On Todd Smith Sequel  (Read 61 times)

Mr. Humonculous

50 Cent, LL Cool J Team Up To Prove NYC Reigns Supreme On Todd Smith Sequel

BEVERLY HILLS — Two of New York's finest MCs are joining forces for an album.

LL Cool J recently revealed that 50 Cent will executive-produce his next LP, Todd Smith, Part 2: Back to Cool, which is due in the fall.

It's my last Def Jam record so I wanted to make it something special and something really unique and kinda get back to my roots a little bit," LL said. His debut album, 1985's Radio, was the label's first-ever full-length release. "50 reminds me a lot of the things that I used to do and the places I used to be in my life, and I think we can have a good time together.

"He's talented and I feel like I have something I want to say — I think he can help me get it off my chest."

LL and 50 can currently be heard together, along with Lloyd Banks and Hot Rod, on the remix to LL's "Freeze," which he's calling "You Can Bump This." The two are still working out how much 50 will rap on the new album, and whether anyone else from G-Unit will appear.

"I don't know if I'm gonna do as many collaborations on this record," said LL, whose most recent release, April's Todd Smith, is packed with stars (see "With Blige, J. Lo, Foxx On Board, LL Cool J's New LP Is A Guest Fest"). "I think that me and 50 is enough."

The two Queens, New York-bred MCs have yet to start recording but have talked at length about the music. "We're definitely putting our heads together, we definitely have subject matter in mind and I'm definitely focused on making it as hot as it can be," LL said.

LL was in Los Angeles to collect the Golden Note Award at June's American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers' (ASCAP) Rhythm & Soul Music Awards, which is given to songwriters who have achieved extraordinary milestones. His 21-year career has yielded nine platinum LPs and two Grammys.

"I'm a blessed guy, I'm lucky," LL said. "I didn't know it would end up like this. It's pretty wild."

— Corey Moss
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1535528/20060630/50_cent.jhtml?headlines=true

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!