Author Topic: G-Maab=one of the best southern groups?  (Read 80 times)

ABN

G-Maab=one of the best southern groups?
« on: July 06, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »
anyone else thinking these guys(Z-Ro,Trae & Dougie D)are one of the best down south groups of all time? if you brake down their 4 G-Maab albums and their respective solo albums i´ll say that not 1 single group from the south got a better catalog(this is MY opinion and if you don´t agree that´s fine). i mean all in all they´ve release like 30 albums/mixtape albums that´s been jamming and shitting on everything else bein put out at the time. i´ll be upping shit with them for the rest of the week so check the spot daily if you haven´t heard any of their material. fuck it, they might just be one of the best rap groups period.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: G-Maab=one of the best southern groups?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 08:50:21 AM »
I've never heard of these guys but I can't imagine them being better than Little Brother.

ABN

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:03:16 AM »
^i definently think their better then LB. not sayin that LB´s not good but both these groups are definently something of the best the south got to offer. G-Maab can flip the fast flow shit and compete with the best, they can do the singing shit, their lyrics are extremely personal and deal with a lot of shit that most rappers wouldn´t put out there like that. and i like listening to shit dealing with pain every now and then coz life aint just a big party.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
it´s just too bad that they´ll prolly never gonna release another "real" Maab album with all 3 members. coz Ro´s gettin locked up soon and after that he´s gonna retire and him and Trae aint speaking. but hopefully Doug and Trae will come thru with another G-Maab 3D2 album.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:13 AM »
I've never heard of these guys but I can't imagine them being better than Little Brother.

you cant compare lb to the maab homie..only thing u can compare is they from the south and they both rap..

thats like comparin bone to outkast or outkast to the geto boys..you cant really say who is better kuz they have different subject matters

the maab is raw street shit...dougie d has always been my favorite that young man can snap with the best..boy come quik wit it..

ABN

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
when Doug switches his flow up for real he could go head to head with Twista,Krayzie or any other fast rapping motherfucker. i´ll get a couple of DD solo albums/mixtapes in a couple of days and i´ll up them then. but Ro back in 97-98 were prolly rapping faster then Twista and he´s 10x better then Twista as an artist.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 09:50:51 AM »

..dougie is there like u said when he's on..he aint bizzybone fast..but he's fast and actually rap about shit..twista is just fast and dont be sayin diddly

nannn ion think ro is fast as twista..simply because imo i know of 2 s.u.c rappers that is way faster than ro..wood and esg..and he cant see neither one of em..be it 97-98 or any other time frame u wanna bring ro from ..put all 3 in the booth with no pen or pad...ro will get ate up..

ABN

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
i think Ro´s a better rapper then ESG but that´s just me. he might rap a lil faster but Ro´s on some other shit, and like you said these guys actually got some real shit to say. the Ro shit on the Soliders United For Cash is hella fast though. but he was a lil too unpolished back then compared to now.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:28:57 AM »

can't knock ya opinion homie....ro is a lil bit 2 depressing for me...he make u wanna go give that nigga a hug..

you prolly like the 4th person i've heard say ro is betta than e.. and im a fan of both..but track for track or freestyle to freestyle..

ro aint even in the same time zone as esg...he aint far behind.. imo..ro is a betta hook artist than esg..but when it comes to story telling and g-shit..esg got it..

thats jus me