Author Topic: Mike James Signing With The Houston Rockets, As Expected...  (Read 187 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Mike James Close To Agreement With Rockets
6th July, 2006 - 3:00 pm
Toronto Sun -

Reports from league sources indicate that Mike James is close to agreeing to terms with the Houston Rockets .

James is a resident of Houston and has indicated that the Rockets are his top choice.

The Rockets traded James to the Toronto Raptors before last season in exchange for Rafer Alston.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41350/20060706/mike_james_close_to_agreement_with_rockets/ 

PG Mike James...Rafer Alston/David Wesley
SG Tracy McGrady...Bob Sura/Luther Head
SF Shane Battier...Keith Bogans/Ryan Bowen
PF Juwan Howard...Chuck Hayes/Steve Novak
C Yao Ming...Dikembe Mutombo

:o

...The competition in the west is getting tougher.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:43:49 PM by Now_I_Know »

PLANT

Re: Mike James Signing With The Houston Rockets, As Expected...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »
this is fucked up ....Toronto traded Rafer and his 35 million contract to the Rockets for James....Now James is a free agent looking for "Rafer" type of money, and Houston wants him back  :eh: WTF....that looks really bad on Houston....

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:56 PM »
BTW, Stro Swift>>>>Juwon Howard.

I hate how Van Gundy puts limits on certain players for example Stro Swift played great and was crazy under Hubie Brown in Memphis, then once he got to Houston he barely saw the court under Jeff Van Gundy....that coach is wack, Ive never liked him, or his style.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »
BTW, Stro Swift>>>>Juwon Howard.

I hate how Van Gundy puts limits on certain players for example Stro Swift played great and was crazy under Hubie Brown in Memphis, then once he got to Houston he barely saw the court under Jeff Van Gundy....that coach is wack, Ive never liked him, or his style.

Stromile Swift is hit and miss...I actually thought he'd be something, and he really could have, but he's an extremely inconsistant underachiever...I also didn't understand the Rafer Alston/Mike James trade, but hey, now they've got both...Maybe Lakers can sign-and-trade George for Alston. :o

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:00:16 PM »
I dont think Rafer is as good of a PG as people think.  His name makes you think hes a good player, but he did dick all when he was here in Toronto.  Hes not a very confident PG, and doesnt have very good instincts as a PG....I dont think Phil would trust him to run the offense in LA....and for your guys sake, I wouldnt like to see Rafer in LA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »
I dont think Rafer is as good of a PG as people think.  His name makes you think hes a good player, but he did dick all when he was here in Toronto.  Hes not a very confident PG, and doesnt have very good instincts as a PG....I dont think Phil would trust him to run the offense in LA....and for your guys sake, I wouldnt like to see Rafer in LA.

I think he has the skill-set to be a nice point guard in the triangle under Phil...If Smush can do it, so can he...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »
Id rather have Smush on my team than Rafer....

Smush......young, athletic, talented, quick, and can jump out the gym

Rafer.....old, washed up, slow, bad decision making, playground legend

My opinion

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
Rockets look good, but obviousley Yao and Mcgrady's body's need to hold up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 05:28:38 PM »
Id rather have Smush on my team than Rafer....

Smush......young, athletic, talented, quick, and can jump out the gym

Rafer.....old, washed up, slow, bad decision making, playground legend

My opinion

Well, we need some help in the point guard area and Rafer + Odom have GREAT chemistry...Rafer had his best season alongside Odom in Miami, they had a nice 1-2 punch, I honestly think it would help and would take a lot of pressure off Smush...PeACe

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 05:37:13 PM »
Toronto Sun -

Reports from league sources indicate that Mike James is close to agreeing to terms with the Houston Rockets .

James is a resident of Houston and has indicated that the Rockets are his top choice.

The Rockets traded James to the Toronto Raptors before last season in exchange for Rafer Alston.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41350/20060706/mike_james_close_to_agreement_with_rockets/ 

SF Shane Battier...Chuck Hayes/Ryan Bowen
PF Juwan Howard...Stromile Swift/Steve Novak

Wasnt Stromile traded for Shane Battier?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
Toronto Sun -

SF Shane Battier...Chuck Hayes/Ryan Bowen
PF Juwan Howard...Stromile Swift/Steve Novak

Wasnt Stromile traded for Shane Battier?

Yes, he was, forgot about him being included in the Rudy Gay deal...My bad, lemme update.

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »
what?  I didnt know Stro was part of the Rudy gay deal?  I thought it was Battier for Gay straight up

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »
what?  I didnt know Stro was part of the Rudy gay deal?  I thought it was Battier for Gay straight up

Yea, it's because the details aren't finalized, the trade is still going down...Even check NBA.com, it's not listed under the transactions yet...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 12:18:23 AM »
i'm not sure i like this that much, i have faith in mike james but houston hasn't really ever rebounded since going back to back in 94 and 95

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 04:57:01 AM »
Why the hell was this thread created? James signed with Minnesota so a thread claiming it was offical that he had sigfned with Houston never should've been made.