Author Topic: does The Game have any buzz?  (Read 695 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: does The Game have any buzz?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »
I think hes capable of going platinum again

more then capable! i think thats a lock. the question is how many times platinum will he go

The Best of 3 Worlds

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 03:04:34 AM »
It's normal that his buzz died down. After The Documentary, he kept it going for an entire year (with SSSL dropping somewhere in December) so it was a smart move from Game to lay low for a while, so the public wouldn't grow tired of him. With The Doctor's Advocate in sight, I think he's about to build up his buzz again (BWS mixtape, street single).

Only a handful of artists have a CONSTANT buzz (Dr. Dre, Jay-Z & Snoop come to mind). The other artists have to EARN a buzz...that's how I see it.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »
im starting to think the transition from aftermath to geffen is whats holdin him up, banks album gunna sell more than game, jus watch

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 02:35:35 AM »
im starting to think the transition from aftermath to geffen is whats holdin him up, banks album gunna sell more than game, jus watch

BULLSHIT! Game will sell more with a lesser label

The Best of 3 Worlds

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 03:02:53 AM »
Geffen is the same Aftermath. Snoop is on Geffen and he sold great. Nelly Furtado just released an album on Geffen and she outsold Busta. At least Geffen knows how to promote thier artists and arent pushing the release dates back all the time.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:19 AM »

I kinda doubt that homeboy. That original G-Unit buzz that they had has died down crazy, and three or so tracks I've heard off of Banks' album have been wack as fuck. I think I'd put my money on Game.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 10:20:25 AM »
The Game hasn't done any mixtapes, single apperances, or album spots for other artists, so is buzz obviously isn't that high outside of Cali. But he's got the BWS mixtape dropping, will appear on Nas' and Snoop's albums, and will release a street single, so his buzz can climb pretty quickly if he plays his cards right. Not to mention everyone whose heard any traks from The Doctor's Advocate has given it high praise.

pretty much....so far in 06 he's been laying relatively low

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 10:45:12 AM »
He has been laying low but hes also been on every damn mixtapes for the last 2 years u know, theres a little quiet time he relaesed sons here and there  july 31st the single is coming out and the promoting for the doctors advocate will start.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 10:55:52 AM »
It was wise for Game to lay low for a while, because his buzz with the 50 Cent beef was not a good buzz. Too many 50 fans who bought his album because of 50 would have left his 2nd album on the shelf. He would not have sold as much, but the beef calmed down, and now it's time to start a new buzz. His debut was built off beef, but the album had no diss tracks, so he doesn't need to come out swinging if his album wouldn't have the knockout punch. Keep doing songs like Face of LA, and Game should be fine. I predict 3x's platnum.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »
i think game will put out a quality album but it wont sell unless its on aftermath

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »
i think game will put out a quality album but it wont sell unless its on aftermath

I disagree. The whole GUnit/Shady/Aftermath thing is slowly dying. I bet you Obie wont sell shit, like Busta.

Geffen on the other hand is smaller but is selling the same if not even better than Busta. Nelly Furtado outsold Busta and is getting crazy spins all over Europe, Snoop sold great on Geffen. They know how to promote thier artists plus they dont push albums back so much.

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »
WELL ALL MY PEEPS (MEXICAN PEOPLE) ARE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR HIS NEW ALBUM..................HE WILL BE SUCESSFUL...........

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 12:18:52 PM »
[I disagree. The whole GUnit/Shady/Aftermath thing is slowly dying. I bet you Obie wont sell shit, like Busta.

yeah, Dre really needs to drop Detox, cause otherwise noone cares about that label anymore

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 06:01:08 PM »
One Blood is out and it looks like...

The BUZZ is back!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:02:41 PM by Webby05 »