Author Topic: Korn Bassist Goes Hip-Hop  (Read 87 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Korn Bassist Goes Hip-Hop
« on: January 16, 2002, 09:00:07 PM »
While on hiatus for the last year, Fieldy, the bassist for Korn put together his own band, Fieldy's Dream and is dropping a new album called, Rock & Roll Gangster on January 22. Although rock will be present on the album, a majority of it will consist of Hip-Hop.

"What inspires me to make music, is rap music," said Fieldy in a statement. "I've always loved it and having the love I have for rap made me want to do a rap album. I just wanted to put together a fun party type record. It's a hip-hop album because that's what I like and what I listen to. Hopefully the Korn fans are gonna buy it just to check it out, but that's not who I made it for. I want radio stations like Power 106 [LA's major urban radio station], you know, hip-hop stations to play it."

Fieldy produced the entire album with up and coming producer, Polar Bear. In addition to the bass, Fieldy also played guitar, drums, and keyboard on the album and featured guest appearances from RBX, Slim Kid Tre of Pharcyde, Son Doobie of Funkdoobiest and of course his Korn band mate, Jonathan Davis.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »