Author Topic: Who else loved Guns N' Roses?  (Read 259 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Who else loved Guns N' Roses?
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:41:58 PM »
This is the first time I have posted anything non rap in this section but neways they were easily my favorite rock band ever.  They were sooo diverse.  To have songs like Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle and then songs like November Rain and Sweet Child O mine showed how great and unique they were.  They only lasted 6 years but from 87-93 they were easily the biggest rock band alive, in the early 90's no one sold out more shows or sold more albums than GN'R they were the biggest name around, Axl and Slash was the perfect combo.   My 5 favorite GNR tracks ever are,
1. Sweet Child O' Mine'
2. Paradise City
3. Estranged
4. You Could Be Mine
5. November Rain

"THE" MoSav

Re: Who else loved Guns N' Roses?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:42:44 PM »
This is the first time I have posted anything non rap in this section but neways they were easily my favorite rock band ever.  They were sooo diverse.  To have songs like Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle and then songs like November Rain and Sweet Child O mine showed how great and unique they were.  They only lasted 6 years but from 87-93 they were easily the biggest rock band alive, in the early 90's no one sold out more shows or sold more albums than GN'R they were the biggest name around, Axl and Slash was the perfect combo.   My 5 favorite GNR tracks ever are,
1. Sweet Child O' Mine'
2. Paradise City
3. Estranged
4. You Could Be Mine
5. November Rain

CLASSIC GROUP!

The Best of 3 Worlds

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 11:44:09 PM »
I don't know why, but I've never liked them. For some reason I just can't stand listening to their songs.

eNgIeS

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:56:02 AM »
Definately the best band ever, it just didnt last as long as other bands.

I dont think there was many songs i didnt like by them some i liked more than others

From the singles like You Could Be Mine, Paradise City Welcome To The Jungle November Rain & Sweet Child, or the classic's hardcore fans love like It's So Easy, Mr Brownestone, Rocket Queen, Locomotive, Coma, Civil War far out so many

Shame Axl had to turn GNR into a dictatorship

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 02:06:36 AM »
Apetite for Destruction was a sick album to drive around and commit crimes to back in the day

ABN

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 02:26:44 AM »
i used to jam the shit outta those red and blue albums when i was a kid. i´ve forgot what their called though.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 02:48:34 AM »
i used to jam the shit outta those red and blue albums when i was a kid. i´ve forgot what their called though.

Yeah, great albums.  The red & orange one is 'Use Your Illusion I', and the blue and purple one is 'Use Your Illusion II'.  These are also the last originally recorded studio material by the original band. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 03:04:44 AM »
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE WE GOT FUN AND GAMES!  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 03:19:50 AM »
Anyone here checked out any of GNR's new material?  Live new songs from their 2000-2002 tours and now 2006 tours have leaked onto the internet.  Studio demos have also leaked. 

New songs - Live only: Chinese Democracy, Rhiad & The Bedouins, The Blues, Madagascar (best one IMO), and Silkworms
New songs - Studio demos: Better, T.W.A.T. (There Was A Time), I.R.S., Catcher In The Rye (with Brian May from Queen)

With the exception of Silkworms and Catcher In The Rye, these are supposed to be on the long awaited Chinese Democracy album (Fall 06 release date).  Also, these are all over the internet, and easily accessable for those interested.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 03:44:56 AM »
im goin to see the new GnR this tuesday im a major fan of the old GnR i have all their albums
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 04:02:29 AM »
im goin to see the new GnR this tuesday im a major fan of the old GnR i have all their albums

The show in Birmingham.  Man, I'm so jealous.  I live in California, so I haven't had a chance to see the new GNR yet.  When they come even remotley close, my buddies and I will be there.  GNR (new and old) is my fav group in any kind of music genre.  How do you like the new songs?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 08:50:50 AM »
aint it fun is a tune

rik

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 08:52:42 AM »
GNR were pretty tight.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »
Favorite group, slash had me playing guitar still do to this day. Axl lyrics are deep most def best group ever.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »

The show in Birmingham.  Man, I'm so jealous.  I live in California, so I haven't had a chance to see the new GNR yet.  When they come even remotley close, my buddies and I will be there.  GNR (new and old) is my fav group in any kind of music genre.  How do you like the new songs?

i have only heard one track im waitin for the album to come out, but the one track i heard was really really dope! it was a heavy rock beat which sounded very hip hop
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program