Author Topic: An interesting point on "selling-out", in any profession  (Read 91 times)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
An interesting point on "selling-out", in any profession
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »
ive noticed that in every profession except music it is ok to do something u dont want to do, if u get a shitload of money for it (i say music because now fans of other genres of music feel the same way as we do about rappers selling out)

lawyers, doctors, actors, everyone will do what it takes to get the money... but in music, u have to "keep it real" and go solely off of skill to be successful (the idea of which obviously started in hip-hop with run dmc)... i agree that if u do something for just the money then u are a sellout, but why isnt this a problem, whatsoever, in other professions? people are congratulated for making millions of dollars for something they dont even like doing, but yet people like 50 cent are hated on because theyre smart and know how to milk the money out of us

just something to think about...

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: An interesting point on "selling-out", in any profession
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:55:08 AM »
youre wrong, sellin out is very impopular in any situation.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »
this isnt interesting, nor did i hear a point anywhere  :D

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »

yeah, like The Rock and the WWE. People say The Rock sold out because he left the WWE to make movies.

coola

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

yep, dis-loyalty isnt a good trait...

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
You notice the only ones that claim someone sold out are the ones that got left in the dust? It's all on how you look at it. In any profession, you got people hustling and busting their ass to get to a better place professionally. Once they finally reach that point, somebody is always gonna be pissed. For one, there are people that don't have as much drive as you and envy your success. Second, if you get promoted, there's always somebody that's gonna have to get demoted, unless you're taking the spot of someone who died.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »
OK, i phrased that badly, i'll admit... this is just a small fraction of what i really meant... what i meant was...

people do anything for money... in music, its about doing what u love, and if u do it honestly and well, u get the money afterwards.... actors, doctors, etc, are more often than not in it for the money (may be 51% of doctors, but thats still a sad ammount)

im just saying, people in the music industry are much less likely to be money-hungry.. and obviously im not being racist here since i listen to the shit, but this is surprising coming from a culture that was generally lower-middle class

that was my point, thanks for telling me i was wrong :D