Author Topic: Pretty Interesting Suge Interview from Imus(radio)  (Read 173 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Pretty Interesting Suge Interview from Imus(radio)
« on: January 14, 2002, 06:51:40 PM »
I dunno If yall seen this before, but I just found it, so check it............

People are talking about Suge Knight's appearance the other morning on the Imus In The Morning Program. The long-awaited interview was finally conducted over half a year after talk show host and some say sycophant, Don Imus, began angling to befriend and meet the Hip-Hop mogul. Imus' efforts were also rewarded earlier this year when he snared a rare phone interview with Suge Knight while the music executive was still behind bars. Part gossip and part industry economics 101, Imus and Suge compared notes on such diverse topics and individuals as P.Diddy, O.J. Simpson, September 11th, Tha' Row's future and how musicians get jerked in their recording contracts. Even former N.Y. Giant's great Phil Simms called into the show to jokingly advise that Imus and Suge should get married, the lovefeast between the two was so thick. Simms told Imus that he had never seen the talk-show host kiss up to someone as much Imus has done with Suge Knight.

Although he was an hour late to the show, the head of what used to be called Death Row Records, was humorous and although a bit reserved, not shy enough to avoid dropping some heavy innuendo regarding such figures as Dr. Dre, P. Diddy, and Jennifer Lopez. He did tell Imus that Kurrupt is coming back to Death Row Records (he even said that Kurrupt was present at the radio station where the interview was being conducted) and he mentioned that a meeting had been scheduled to take place yesterday in order to resolve an alleged disagreement/dispute with Jermaine Dupri over who owns the rights to Lil Bow Wow. Knight stated that he discovered the young star, gave him his artist name, and even supported his family.

A particularly interesting exchange between the Imus and Knight centered around white rappers, racism and the n-word, in which Suge went into his thoughts regarding identity, explaining, "I would rather say that I am a nigga' or that I am Black then simply say like these politicians and everybody says, 'African-American' and the only thing that they want to do is snatch your pockets off and use the money for themselves. In Africa, first of all, I am glad that I am an American. And that has nothing to do with Africa. But in Africa, Africans don't even call themselves 'Africans'. Take somebody in Kenya. They call themselves 'Kenyan'. They don't call themselves 'African' or 'African-American'. So there is nothing wrong with being 'Black'." Interesting. Suge was at his best when describing how Blacks in the innercity feel about September 11th juxtaposed to the living conditions that remain for them to live through...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

Re: Pretty Interesting Suge Interview from Imus(ra
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 09:03:03 PM »
shit so suge knew that kurupt was coming back for a long time.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: Pretty Interesting Suge Interview from Imus(ra
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2002, 01:42:29 PM »
shit so suge knew that kurupt was coming back for a long time.

lol.....yup, I believe Tha Row's been in contact wit Kurupt 4 a while now, they planned everything, It aint no coincidence how Tha Row starts releasing shit and promoting rite after kurupt is signed......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!