Author Topic: G-Funk  (Read 586 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: G-Funk
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »
^^ I didn't say it was here, I just meant that it didnt play itself out... to me anyways

everybody just jacks each other and does what's hot, catering to the execs

Of course G-Funk played itself out.  10 years ago, it was impossible to turn on hip-hop/R&B radio and NOT hear G-Funk records being done.  And lots of artists out of the West were jacking that style to sell records...look at Bone Thugs (Midwest), for example.

You guys complain all the time about how the South and its "crunk" sound is what's being imitated the most across the country right now?  Well, if you'd been listening to the music 10 years ago (and most of you are obviously so young that you weren't), you would know that G-Funk was held in the same regards back then as crunk is now: It was the radio-friendly, "sellout" pop-thug sound of the early- to mid-90s.

And yeah, West Coast fans are most def living in the past.  Always complaining that their favorite artists aren't making shit that sounds like the mid-90s; that's the whole reason the West fell off (and now sucks) in the first place.

Couldnt agree more.

Bone Thugs never made G-Funk or anything similar to G-Funk ::)

yea they did they were heavily influenced by the west they have a mad g-funk sound

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Eihtball

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »
Bone Thugs never made G-Funk or anything similar to G-Funk ::)

You fuckin kidding me?  "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" and "1st Of Tha Month" are bonafide G-Funk singles - same whiny synths and heavy Parliament-style bass grooves as anything from the West at that time.

Not to mention that Bone's main producer, DJ U-Neek, was from South Central, and Bone was signed to Ruthless, a Compton label that of course jumped on the G-Funk bandwagon like everyone else in the mid-90s.

apparently ur a fuckin retard like everyone else on this board who can't read

TO - ME - IT - DID - NOT - PLAY - OUT

You added "to me, anyways" later.  Good for you if it's not played out, but the rest of the world that stopped giving a fuck about the West disagrees with you.

Remember, NEVER contradict the GOD.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:24:34 PM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

WestCoasta

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 03:44:41 PM »
oh no, the rest of the fruits on this board disagree with me

Eihtball

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 04:58:45 PM »
oh no, the rest of the fruits on this board disagree with me

No, no, no, son, the majority of the fruits on this board are like you - G-Funk fans who haven't yet learned that the mid-90s are over.  But the REST OF THE WORLD (which DubCC ain't) got sick of G-Funk 10 years ago and let it sink back into the underground where it belongs.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 09:43:02 PM »
It's my birthday and ill listen to to GFUNK if i want too.... :nahnah2:

The Best of 3 Worlds