Author Topic: G-Funk  (Read 587 times)

Peacock

• 'G'
  • but no worries, I protected my "investment"
Re: G-Funk
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 04:59:22 AM »
G-Funk didn't die, it just evolved into something new.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 08:29:03 AM »
G-Funk didn't die, it just evolved into something new.

That's right.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 08:55:21 AM »
G Funk was mainstream 10 years ago, because it was the flavor of the time, at the time everybody was vibing to G funk Beats  doing the Brandy & Ray J's Dance. it was all about raising the hands in the air ...if u pay attention all the beats sounded the same at that time, but thats because it was the flavor of that time. just like Lil Jon is running things today. and as I think about it if lil Jon is having success Today is probably because he improved his style and got with the program, cuz if Im not mistaking Lil Jon used to make Bass music before going all crunk, so thats probably what people On the westcoast needs to do, they need to Get with the program and create something new..and  as for the fans, they are probably stuck on g-funk music because they were too young to bump it when it was popular back in the days,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:06:39 AM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

Eihtball

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »
^^ I didn't say it was here, I just meant that it didnt play itself out... to me anyways

everybody just jacks each other and does what's hot, catering to the execs

Of course G-Funk played itself out.  10 years ago, it was impossible to turn on hip-hop/R&B radio and NOT hear G-Funk records being done.  And lots of artists out of the West were jacking that style to sell records...look at Bone Thugs (Midwest), for example.

You guys complain all the time about how the South and its "crunk" sound is what's being imitated the most across the country right now?  Well, if you'd been listening to the music 10 years ago (and most of you are obviously so young that you weren't), you would know that G-Funk was held in the same regards back then as crunk is now: It was the radio-friendly, "sellout" pop-thug sound of the early- to mid-90s.

And yeah, West Coast fans are most def living in the past.  Always complaining that their favorite artists aren't making shit that sounds like the mid-90s; that's the whole reason the West fell off (and now sucks) in the first place.

Eihtball

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 09:01:38 AM »
G Funk was mainstream 10 years ago, because it was the flavor of the time, at the time everybody was vibing to G funk Beats  doing the Brandy & Ray J's Dance. it was all about raising the ends in the air ...if u pay attention all the beat sounded the same at that time, but thats because it was the flavor of that time. just like Lil Jon is running things today. and as I think about it if lil Jon is having success Today is probably because he improved his style and got with the program, cuz if Im not mistaking Lil Jon used to make Bass music before going all crunk, so thats probably what people On the westcoast needs to do, they need to Get with the program and create something new..and  as for the fans, they are probably stuck on g-funk music because they were too young to bump it when it was popular back in the days,

OK, I was working on my post while you posted this, but I agree completely.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 09:39:18 AM »
^^ I didn't say it was here, I just meant that it didnt play itself out... to me anyways

Of course G-Funk played itself out.  10 years ago, it was impossible to turn on hip-hop/R&B radio and NOT hear G-Funk records being done.  And lots of artists out of the West were jacking that style to sell records...look at Bone Thugs (Midwest), for example.

You guys complain all the time about how the South and its "crunk" sound is what's being imitated the most across the country right now?  Well, if you'd been listening to the music 10 years ago (and most of you are obviously so young that you weren't), you would know that G-Funk was held in the same regards back then as crunk is now: It was the radio-friendly, "sellout" pop-thug sound of the early- to mid-90s.

And yeah, West Coast fans are most def living in the past.  Always complaining that their favorite artists aren't making shit that sounds like the mid-90s; that's the whole reason the West fell off (and now sucks) in the first place.

Couldnt agree more.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 10:25:56 AM »

Couldnt agree more.

mauzip

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 10:27:39 AM »

Couldnt agree more.

Bone Thugs never made G-Funk or anything similar to G-Funk ::)

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »

apparently ur a fuckin retard like everyone else on this board who can't read

TO - ME - IT - DID - NOT - PLAY - OUT

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
G Funk will never be played out in my opinion. I love it. But i like the new west coast flavor too.

SGV

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »

I think you're too retarded to understand that he's not actually making a reference to you. He's speaking in general. YOU - ARE - DUMB - NOW - BE - QUIET.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »
Why is it so hard to understand that G-Funk music is played out, just like Disco??

WestCoasta

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 12:32:44 PM »

I think you're too retarded to understand that he's not actually making a reference to you. He's speaking in general. YOU - ARE - DUMB - NOW - BE - QUIET.
you're dumb, he fuckin quoted me idiot

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
 :poke:

WestCoasta

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 12:42:38 PM »
hey guys do you think G-Funk is dead?  will it blow up this year guys?