Author Topic: RBX  (Read 462 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
RBX
« on: July 29, 2006, 09:20:52 AM »
What do you guys think about RBX?  I think he is real dope.  In fact, his two verses on Cali Iz Active are straight fire.  Do you guys think he is dope or what?

d-nice

Re: RBX
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:56:46 AM »
He is tight, recycles alot of his lyrics from the Chronic on different songs, but he is dope. Very unique flow.

Diggfinger

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:25:36 AM »
He is tight, recycles alot of his lyrics from the Chronic on different songs, but he is dope. Very unique flow.

His first album, The RBX Files, is UNIQUE and classic I think. His second record was great too, but thereafter I have been kindda dissapointet with his stuff. I doubt he will ever come with a dope record like The RBX Files again.

and yes sadly he recycles ALOT. Dunno, I think it's because he feels he aint getting his props for the stuff he did with Dre and Snoop back and the day and then he keeps on saying the same stuff.

He straight TORE UP the tracks he did on the Welcome To Tha House compilation though!

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:20:08 PM »
Yeah his guest appearances always get me hyped for his albums but they never hold up. All the Dogghouse/Doggystyle compilations and Snoop albums he and Rage too have been on are  :o

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 12:49:30 PM »
I like him when he does collabos but i wasent a big fan of his solo stuff.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 12:50:48 PM »
I really like the guy but I think that since 2005 he's been sort of lacking. Somehow the way he holds his verses down these days are not up to par to the verses before 2005. Anyways, I'm anticipating that new 'Unanimous'-album he's supposed to bring out sometime this year (or next year or..). I think he'll never do an album like The RBX-Files again, as I doubt he's still got the anger or the hunger he had on there. I do think both 'No Mercy, No Remorse' and 'The Shining' were very dope. 'Ripp the game bloody' was far less appealing but not alltogether bad.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:59:03 PM »

yeah i really like The Shining

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 01:30:35 AM »
I think hes real dope.  This may have been posted in another thread, but heres an unreleased interview that OG Styles (from WCRydaz) did with C-1 Prod.  Dont understand why this never got released.  I havent seen any WCR\C-1 colabs in a while so maybe something happened between them.  I dont know, but anyway.. check out this interview.  Styles out did himself again.. as he usually does.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:31:17 AM »
The Realest X  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Diggfinger

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »
the narrarator X with a FLEX  8)

Diggfinger

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 03:32:24 AM »
also gotta love X's straw hat ;D

XaNdEr

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 03:50:54 AM »
rbx is orinigal, but sometimes he can mess tracks up and sometimes he can be pretty good, like on CIA imo  8)

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 08:08:17 AM »
I really liked RBX until I started realizing how much he repeats his own lyrics and quotes himself on a level bordering on dickriding.  Dude has a sick mic presence, but he never can seem to do as much with it as he should it.

But I still really like "The RBX Files".

Diggfinger

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 10:52:02 AM »
I really liked RBX until I started realizing how much he repeats his own lyrics and quotes himself on a level bordering on dickriding.  Dude has a sick mic presence, but he never can seem to do as much with it as he should it.

But I still really like "The RBX Files".

Like dude said I guess that fire just isnt within him anymore. It's like these days he hardly cares about his lyrics, he just recycles cuz he's pissed that noone gives him props for his old verses.

GUess we will never hear another "RBX Files" or "No Mercy" record from him :-[

The Predator

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »
He's a dope writer but his actual flow is kinda boring.

He needs to switch it up a bit from time to time.

On the chronic it was the first time i heard him and the flow was cool for that.

But like on the Dre presents Aftermath song 'Blunt Time' his flow just sounded sleepy.

His lyrics were dope on 'Remember Me' but Sticky n Em with thier flows left him in the dust.