Author Topic: Batman Begs sequel title & casting info  (Read 736 times)

The Watcher

Batman Begs sequel title & casting info
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:11:30 AM »
As a follow up to last year's blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama "Memento," which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller "Insomnia," starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on "The Prestige," with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick's "The New World." His other credits include "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho," "Laurel Canyon" and Steven Spielberg's "Empire of the Sun," which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama "Brokeback Mountain." His other credits include "Casanova," "Monster's Ball," "Lords of Dogtown," "The Brothers Grimm" and "The Patriot."

"Chris' unique vision is what made 'Batman Begins' such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of 'The Dark Knight,'" said Robinov. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

"I'm excited to continue the story we started with 'Batman Begins,'" added Nolan. "Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

Re: Batman Begs sequel title & casting info
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:20:30 AM »
LMAO @ Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I won't judge though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:53:41 AM »
sweet
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Rish

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:07:40 AM »
They got the first film right, hopefully this one will be as good.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:37:51 AM »

going to be tuff trying to go back to joker..... that batman movie with tim burton directing was the best IMO... but they kicked ass and brought back the darkness to Batman Begins.. so i have faith . . . even tho i doubt that it will be as good... because i love that first one... Jack is classic as the Joker...

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »
You know that these two shit on every other Batman movie or whatever. I´m not kidding. I fuckin love this series. Fuck Warner and Fox though for not releasing it on DVD.

Oh and this one´s for sure. This Joker is unfuckwitable.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »
Thought batman begins was wicked, hopefully this will be just as good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 11:55:50 AM »
I was skeptical when I heard Heath Ledger as Joker but I have all the faith in the world in Nolan. No one has hit Batman dead on like Nolan in Hollywood like Nolan and if he thinks Ledger will do then I believe him. I'm sure he is modelling him after Alan Moore's Joker and that would be perfect. So long as they don't have a scene with Joker and his goons doing synchronized dance moves to Prince music coming out of a boom box and spray painting museums I'll be one happy camper.

Anyone else find it weird that Batman vs the Joker is a Brit vs an Aussie?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 12:52:01 PM »
. So long as they don't have a scene with Joker and his goons doing synchronized dance moves to Prince music coming out of a boom box and spray painting museums I'll be one happy camper.

seen

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 01:54:42 PM »
Too bad Brando was too old by the time the dark Batman and evil Joker were introduced, because something tells me he would have nailed Joker.

Just picture this with face paint;

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 03:38:54 PM »
naw he looks like he could play superman's dad.......

but anyways heath ledger better do a fucking good job

jack=the joker

he better not fuck it up

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 05:45:06 PM »
naw he looks like he could play superman's dad.......

but anyways heath ledger better do a fucking good job

jack=the joker

he better not fuck it up

Brando did play Supes's Dad ;) And Brando could play anyone. Paint his face black and he can play Louis Farakhan.

and jack = jack with face paint. He pretty much played himself. Although I think we have gone through this before, (I'm not sure if it was you or not). To make it easier for you to understand since you aren't a comic fan, it'd be like Iron Maiden playing the Ramones Greatest Hits. Maiden could play the shit out of Sedated or Bop but no matter how much of a better player Dave Murray (or Adrian Smith or Janick Gers, or Paul Cairns, or etc, etc, etc) is than Johnny Ramone or how much of a better singer Dickenson (or any of the other singers, I dould have picked an easier band with the members) is than Joey Ramone, or how much of a better player any other guy that ever played with Maiden is compared to anyone with the last name Ramone it wouldn't matter. The songs would not be Ramone songs. They may be very good, and they may even be improved to most music fans but they'd lose their essence and would not be the same songs, like Jack Nicholson was never the Joker. He wore the paint, and the suit and he fought Batman but no matter what they called him on screen he was always just Jack Nicholson and I'm pretty sure that's why they picked him, because they wanted Jack Nicholson to play himself.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »
I actually think Heath Ledger will do a pretty damn good job

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 06:12:17 PM »

I can't imagine Nolan picking him if he couldn't. Unless gay Hollywood is lobbying for him and giving him the role for a job well done in Brokeback. I hope not. I heard a while back that Nolan wanted Depp (ehich would have been perfect) but Johnny didn't want to do it because he was friends with Burton (and he most likely new that Nolan and Depp would murder the Joker Burton and Nicholson put together).

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »

I can't imagine Nolan picking him if he couldn't. Unless gay Hollywood is lobbying for him and giving him the role for a job well done in Brokeback. I hope not. I heard a while back that Nolan wanted Depp (ehich would have been perfect) but Johnny didn't want to do it because he was friends with Burton (and he most likely new that Nolan and Depp would murder the Joker Burton and Nicholson put together).

Hopefully that is the case.