Poll

Who has done more for West Coast Artists?

E-40
2 (7.1%)
Mack 10
2 (7.1%)
DJ Quik
6 (21.4%)
Snoop Dogg
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Who has done more for West Coast Artists?  (Read 490 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who has done more for West Coast Artists?
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:16 AM »
DJ Quik, Mack 10, and E-40 are unknown.  They haven't done shit for westcoast artists outside of California.  Snoop Dogg has took broke rappers nobody has ever heard of on tour with him to other parts of the world, and had the record company pay them, AND HIM, for it.  It's not even comparable. 

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2006, 03:39:19 AM »
People can hate on Snoop all they want but to say he hasn't done anything for the westcoast is ridiculous.

Trauma-san

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2006, 06:23:26 AM »
DJ Quik, Mack 10, and E-40 are unknown.  They haven't done shit for westcoast artists outside of California.  Snoop Dogg has took broke rappers nobody has ever heard of on tour with him to other parts of the world, and had the record company pay them, AND HIM, for it.  It's not even comparable. 

E-40 unknown?? LMAO what the hell are you talking about and alot of people not from the west know Mack and Quik also, stupid post

Open your eyes a little bit.  You don't sell records and "bring the westcoast back!" by selling to a  few black guys on a message board or in the hood.  The success they're talking about rolls over into the pop world, which E-40, Mack 10, and DJ Quik have no success in.  We're talking in absolutes of course and nothing is, but to compare Snoop's clout with any of those three, or all of those three COMBINED is rediculous.  Everybody from children to grandmas know who "Snoop Doggy Dogg" is, so of course he's the one who would 'bring the westcoast back", E40, Quik, and Mack 10 need their OWN charity, and are in no position to help anybody else.  Out of the 4, who's never had trouble getting a record deal?  Out of the 4, who's signed, to major labels, unknown westcoast cats?  Out of the 4, who's actually got records on the shelves of other countries?  Can you even get an e-40 album in England, or do you have to order it off Amazon? 

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2006, 11:24:41 AM »
Out of the mentioned group I'ma go with Dj Quik,

I think Ice Cube has done more for the WestCoast post N.W.A & Amerikkka's Most....He brought W.C., MaCC 10, K-Dee, Yo-Yo, Da Lench Mob, Kausion, Mr. Short Khop, Kam, Sir Jinx, Dj Pooh(?), Dj Crazy Toons, as well as the Friday movies which 2 of the 3 were set in SCLA and add the classic album Death Certificate to the list.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums