Poll

Who has done more for West Coast Artists?

E-40
2 (7.1%)
Mack 10
2 (7.1%)
DJ Quik
6 (21.4%)
Snoop Dogg
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Who has done more for West Coast Artists?  (Read 489 times)

Quadruple OG

Who has done more for West Coast Artists?
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:10:27 AM »
This poll isn't about who's the best on the west or who's the King of the west Coast.  This poll is about what these artists have done for other West Coast artists to make them succeed.

E-40: Has brought the Hyphy movement to the mainstream, always promotes new and upcoming artists on his albums and on guest appearances, allows newer artists to shine, has put his family on and allowed them to have successful careers on their own, willing to work with anybody and does not hold many grudges (that the public know about at least)

Mack 10: Ressurrected the careers of MC Eiht, CJ Mac, and Techniec by making them relevant to the mainstream again, allowed other artists to shine on his albums, allowed his artists to drop albums on his label (he is a horrible lyricist so Mack 10 outshining someone on his label on the mic is out of the question), Hoo-Bangin' could have been the next Death Row had they gotten more exposure

DJ Quik: Has reinvented his sound over 15 years, brought out artists (AMG, 2nd II None, Hi-C, Mausberg, Suga Free) and allowed them to shine on his projects and expand on their own, has guided the careers of those artists to the point that they don't necessarily need an entirely DJ Quik produced album to make hot music,

Snoop Dogg: talks about West Coast unity every time he has a solo album that's about to be released, always overshadows artists on his label to make himself look better, gets jealous of those that do outshine him and tries to bury their careers, hops on a bandwagon to make it look like he's co-signing an artist or movement, good rapper and business man but when it comes to the business side of music he's a horrible CEO

suckaa free

Re: Who has done more for West Coast Artists?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:13:15 AM »
jt the bigga figga.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 01:08:13 PM »
i dont think ANYONE has done enough to help out the West, but out of those 4 it would have to be DJ Quik, close second being E-40

Dj Quik
E-40
Snoop Dogg
Mack 10

ABN

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
Dre has helped out way more artists then these fuckers.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:12:46 PM »
LMAO at Mack10 on the list.  Its Quik and 40 Easily, I dont believe Snoop is sincere in what hes doing so thats why I picked Quik and 40.  And no Dre has not done as much for the west as 40 or Quik, not even close actually

ABN

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 01:19:52 PM »
LMAO at Mack10 on the list.  Its Quik and 40 Easily, I dont believe Snoop is sincere in what hes doing so thats why I picked Quik and 40.  And no Dre has not done as much for the west as 40 or Quik, not even close actually
Ice Cube,Eazy-E,Ren,Snoop,Kurupt,Daz,Warren G,RBX,Xzibit,Game,Bishop Lamont,Hittman,Nate Dogg,The D.O.C. and these arenīt cats that he just produced a cut here and there for, heīs responsible for their careers. 

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »
Ice Cube,Eazy-E,Ren,Snoop,Kurupt,Daz,Warren G,RBX,Xzibit,Game,Bishop Lamont,Hittman,Nate Dogg,The D.O.C. and these arenīt cats that he just produced a cut here and there for, heīs responsible for their careers. 

I dont think he is responsible for all of thier careers, I meen shit Dre doesnt walk on water, he helped alot of those guys but hes not responsible for all of their careers lol

ABN

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »

I dont think he is responsible for all of thier careers, I meen shit Dre doesnt walk on water, he helped alot of those guys but hes not responsible for all of their careers lol
heīs not? the only person that had somewhat of a name before fucking with Dre is Xzibit and he was a broke pack rapper before that. all of the other ones owe their careers to Dre, heīs the one that made Eazy start rapping. he brought Cube into N.W.A., he put the entire DPG crew on etc etc.

Ct

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »
warren g should be in that list too. he brought twinz, dove shack, 5 footaz, foesum and a r&b group (i don't remeber de name)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »

heīs not? the only person that had somewhat of a name before fucking with Dre is Xzibit and he was a broke pack rapper before that. all of the other ones owe their careers to Dre, heīs the one that made Eazy start rapping. he brought Cube into N.W.A., he put the entire DPG crew on etc etc.

gotta say he is right, dre put the west on the map and bought together all these artists u cant disagree, even if u hate dre u gotta admit that list shits on all the artists at the top put together
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 01:43:52 PM »
I dont hate Dre at all, he is one my 2 fav producers ever, but I think sometimes he gets more credit then he should regarding his help to the West Coast

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 01:57:29 PM »
Snoop Dogg, no doubt.  When I think of Snoop and what hes brought, I think Bad Azz, Daz n Kurupt, Tray Deee, Goldie Loc, E White, helped put guys in the spotlight like Warren, Nate, Kokane I know Im forgetting people but you get the point.

Ct

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »
Snoop Dogg, no doubt.  When I think of Snoop and what hes brought, I think Bad Azz, Daz n Kurupt, Tray Deee, Goldie Loc, E White, helped put guys in the spotlight like Warren, Nate, Kokane I know Im forgetting people but you get the point.
wtf? warren and nate exploded by themselves with "regulate".. now snoop brought tha eastsidaz, lbc crew, e-white and soopafly to the map

WestCoasta

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »
damn good question.... can't really think... I wanna say 40 or Quik, but then Snoop Dogg has brought a lot to the table, bad and good

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
SNOOP DOGG