Author Topic: why i think Knocturnal flopped  (Read 910 times)

acgrundy

Re: why i think Knocturnal flopped
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
stop blaming bootlegging as a problem.  Everyone gets bootlegged.  Eminem, snoop, lil jon, puffy, 50 cent, dre, everyone, yet these guys still sell millions of records.  Problem is music sucks nowadays.  I used to download albums all the time back in the day and I still went out and bought them.  Now I just stopped buying them because they get old after one or two listens.  Thank God I bootlegged the knoc album and didn't spend my money on it, I don't even think I listened to it once all the way through.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 03:37:24 AM »
Why did he flop? It's not like his career is over! He just has to get another shot.

I thought for sure this would be his comeback album, I mean just think of all the people that would buy the CD just because of the Nascar.  Plus you've got fans of the westcoast that would buy it because he's throwin up the dub.  Now you've broadened your sales from a well put-together album cover.  Brilliant.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »
stop blaming bootlegging as a problem.  Everyone gets bootlegged.  Eminem, snoop, lil jon, puffy, 50 cent, dre, everyone, yet these guys still sell millions of records.  Problem is music sucks nowadays.  I used to download albums all the time back in the day and I still went out and bought them.  Now I just stopped buying them because they get old after one or two listens.  Thank God I bootlegged the knoc album and didn't spend my money on it, I don't even think I listened to it once all the way through.

Bootlegging hurts unestablished artist more so than established artist that you named. When the return sales don't add up to how much money the label has invested in the artist + a decent profit, that artist often gets dropped from the label. Guy's like the ones mentioned could flop and the record company would just take an L on that particular project and keep it moving.

Knoc didn't build up enough of a buzz to make people want to go out an buy the album, on top of that he had a drinking problem. I thought his albums were bangers, but I guess not to many people felt the same way tough. I'd blame Dre too for knoc not getting the exposure he deserved, he's been to busy the last 7 years dicc riding the east coast and trying to put them bacc in the spotlight.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

XaNdEr

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »
what y'all think of the "return of the hustler" album, its straight garbage if u aks me...

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »
what y'all think of the "return of the hustler" album, its straight garbage if u aks me...

2 good tracks on it, rest is garbage as you say :(

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
He killed it on t"The wash" soundtrack(that ep is kinda dope by the way) but I think people were waiting for the more prominent "2001" artists like Hittman and Six-two (L.A. niggas was filler). Switching reels, guys the Shakira pics make me wanna go grab the kleenex.

www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

kingwell

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 01:47:34 PM »

That was NOT a Knocturnal album.  That was some bullshit release.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »
I think he flopped because, although it was an impressive lineup, most of the "impressive" people on it, would only excite west coast fans. For us, Damizza, DJ Quik, Warren G, Hittman, Mel-Man etc. was a good line up. But anyone in the east or south, probably only cared about Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg & maybe Xzibit. If this album came out in like 2000-2002 no doubt it would of gone platinum. Knoc-Turn'Al defanitely has some nice skills. Return Of The Hustler, was dissapointing. I found what made it to be dissapointing was the fact that it had 11 songs, and Knoc wasn't even 3 of them, and 3 of the 8 he was on, he only did the hook. It was more of a compilation album. He only had 5 verses on the entire album. I am much, much more excited for his Treacherous Records release. I think he's still with them. It's amazing how much better the little music that has been released of his on Treacherous, is soo much better then the entire sonic wave album. Also the big names help. the Scott Storch produced, Rock The Party sounded like a pure club banger. The 1 with David Banner, I Got It, also sounded very decent. That Big Syke F/ Knoc track Can't Do It Better, was also very good. I just hope Knoc can get back on his feet. I've heard the alcohol rumour, and I hope he over comes his problem, and doesn't screw this up. He's blessed to the this oppourtunity, and he shouldn't let some drinking problems ruin it for him and his family.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

whatthehell

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »
For one that single with Missy Elliot was annoying. 

Just seeing her face annoys me. Her voice sends me into seizures.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 10:01:17 PM »
For one that single with Missy Elliot was annoying. 

Just seeing her face annoys me. Her voice sends me into seizures.

Lmao- Bring back the fat missy with the "he he he he ow"! Her thinkin she's fine in videos aint the bizness.