Author Topic: *** DETOX ARTICLE SCANS FROM SCRATCH MAGAZINE ***  (Read 1119 times)

Bigg $amo

Re: *** DETOX ARTICLE SCANS FROM SCRATCH MAGAZINE ***
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:25 AM »
props on this. not alot of new information but still a cool article

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »
good article but wtf is with having jay z write about cali life for you? thats kinda bitchmade

Old story... But yeah, it's kinda weird. Worked out well in the end though, didn't it? And that's really what matters.

Didn't Jigga write a completely different song at first? And Dre told him to change it? Am I remembering shit right or am I making this shit up in my head?

You're not making it up.  In a article with the now defunct magazine Blaze, Dre said that Jay Z first wrote a song talkin about bentleys and shit, and Dre told him people in LA drive lowriders not bentleys and then Jay wrote the song over again.  Dre and Snoop were on the cover of the magazine, and if my memory is correct Snoop was wearing a shower cap like Bizarre from D-12 alwayz wears.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 10:43:22 PM »
Damn guys, I think I unearthed a Detox beat (and I'm sure others of you have heard this song but haven't found the connection).

Well, as we know from this article and JR interviews, JR sold a beat to Dre back before Game's album came out. This is an excerpt from an interview with him:

MVRemix: Can you tell us about the track Dre took from you for Detox? Because fans are going to want to know about that one.

JR: It was a crazy track! It is definitely a hot track, but it was in a lot of peoples hands before Dre's. It was first taken by a white rapper on Dreamworks by the name of Vicious, and we put Sticky Fingaz and Fredo Star on the track. But one of Dre's artists at the time, Joe Beast, he heard the beat and wanted it for his album. My manager Zach was managing Joe at the time. So he took it, and Dre ended up hearing it and wanted it for his album Detox. So Dre took it, laid vocals on it, and it came out amazing! But at the time, he put Detox down to work on Game's album. The track was then slid over towards Game, and they put Busta on the hook. Unfortunately, the track didn't make the final cut for Game's album, so now its still with Aftermath. But Dre sounded incredible on it!

MVRemix: What is the overall vibe of this beat?

JR: It sounds like some new shit, to be honest with you. I don't want to toot my own horn, but it had a crazy, I don't want to say Middle Eastern, but sort of a futuristic Indian kind of vibe. But the song is crazy!

A while back, I downloaded some "Vishiss" tracks, one of which happened to have Fredro Starr and Sticky Fingazz on it produced by JR. It's called FLATDAFUCCOUT...I upped it to yousendit: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=304A342A5740F7AD

The beat pretty much matches up with JR's description as it's very futuristic and aggressive. I took a closer listen, and in my opinion that beat is hard as hell.

So what do you guys think...was this the beat that Dre bought and rapped over??

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 04:08:23 AM »
Thanks for the track, this definetly could be the track although it doesnt have that specific Indian sound to it.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 05:16:08 AM »
interesting article

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 05:19:10 AM »
That JR beat is horrible. props though 8)

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »
That's what I thought at first listen. I think it's mostly due to the low quality mix of the track. But take a closer listen, there are definitely some experimental elements in there, I could totally see something in this vein popping up on Detox. It's really aggressive, and with Dre rapping over it it would sound better.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »
Damn guys, I think I unearthed a Detox beat (and I'm sure others of you have heard this song but haven't found the connection).

Well, as we know from this article and JR interviews, JR sold a beat to Dre back before Game's album came out. This is an excerpt from an interview with him:

MVRemix: Can you tell us about the track Dre took from you for Detox? Because fans are going to want to know about that one.

JR: It was a crazy track! It is definitely a hot track, but it was in a lot of peoples hands before Dre's. It was first taken by a white rapper on Dreamworks by the name of Vicious, and we put Sticky Fingaz and Fredo Star on the track. But one of Dre's artists at the time, Joe Beast, he heard the beat and wanted it for his album. My manager Zach was managing Joe at the time. So he took it, and Dre ended up hearing it and wanted it for his album Detox. So Dre took it, laid vocals on it, and it came out amazing! But at the time, he put Detox down to work on Game's album. The track was then slid over towards Game, and they put Busta on the hook. Unfortunately, the track didn't make the final cut for Game's album, so now its still with Aftermath. But Dre sounded incredible on it!

MVRemix: What is the overall vibe of this beat?

JR: It sounds like some new shit, to be honest with you. I don't want to toot my own horn, but it had a crazy, I don't want to say Middle Eastern, but sort of a futuristic Indian kind of vibe. But the song is crazy!

A while back, I downloaded some "Vishiss" tracks, one of which happened to have Fredro Starr and Sticky Fingazz on it produced by JR. It's called FLATDAFUCCOUT...I upped it to yousendit: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=304A342A5740F7AD

The beat pretty much matches up with JR's description as it's very futuristic and aggressive. I took a closer listen, and in my opinion that beat is hard as hell.

So what do you guys think...was this the beat that Dre bought and rapped over??

Cheers for the hookup and can def feel wot u sayin bout this track and the description, it doesnt realli have a major indian feel to it but there is a bit of an middle eastern feel to it over the chorus. Once again cheers for the hookup and i think u cud b rite, props for lookin out !

Cowboy

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »
Fuck those other producers Dr. Dre needs to work on the album by himself since its his fucking album. No disrespect to those producers thats just what i think.

$Eg2$

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 03:17:08 PM »
Fuck those other producers Dr. Dre needs to work on the album by himself since its his fucking album. No disrespect to those producers thats just what i think.

Thats how Dre works the other producers are gonna make the beats and Dre iz gonna add shit to em and Say he produced it . I wonder who's gonna write Dre's Lyrics for this one ???

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 04:26:46 PM »
Nice scans man. +1.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE