Author Topic: *** DETOX ARTICLE SCANS FROM SCRATCH MAGAZINE ***  (Read 1121 times)

The Predator

Re: *** DETOX ARTICLE SCANS FROM SCRATCH MAGAZINE ***
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:51:31 PM »
Daps for the read.

Im glad he kept scrapping the project up until now.

All those older Detox rejected beats were dope, but he will come with a totally brand new fresh sound.
Take it back to being Original.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
Props 8)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 04:55:16 PM »
He needs to work with quik for the production...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 05:07:17 PM »
Good read......

I don't know how excited I am knowing that Dre won't be doing as much of the production as I'd hope. At the same time, he might be doing just as much as he did on Chronic, Doggystyle, or 2001, as far as taking other producer's layouts/structures for beats, and then giving them his own touch. And if his name is on it, we know it won't be anything near average. But at the same time, it makes you wonder why it takes SOOOO long when he's able to build off of other producer's songs, versus coming up with most of the ideas on his own.

kinda like snoop said... the album says "produced by" not "beat thought up by"... any one can think up a creative beat, but dre turns an idea into a masterpiece

a brilliant conductor doesnt need to know how to play every instrument in the orchestra... PEACE

That is true....but in this case, I wonder how it works....because Snoop was talking about Warren n Daz, who at the time weren't seasoned producers at all, and their beats may not have been good enough to stand on their own. But in this case, Dre is working with Producers who are proven to be capable of making beats that are 100% solid when they are done with them, so with that, I don't see Dre having to do as much work to make em good, you know? There are some beats from Just Blaze, J.R., and even Scott Storch, that I don't think could be made any better if Dre worked on them from their current form...but possibly, if they gave him a stripped down version, he'd be able to work it.

A good example of what I am talking about is how Dre re-mixed DJ Quik's "Addictive". If the original version had never dropped, and Quik just did that beat and gave it to Dre to do what he wanted and he came up with that remix as the real version, it would not have helped the beat at all. Quik's version sounded complete as it was, and it sounded like Dre just threw a couple of his signature sounds on there to have his feel to it...but it was really an unneccesary remix in my opinion.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »
^^^ good points, but i think that even the most solid beat can always be tweeked, perfection is impossible to achieve in something so subjective as music... obviously, dre is not going to just sign his name to a beat that isnt his... he has a distinctive "sound" that will make him want to overhaul an entire track that most would consider bangin in order to put his own stamp on it... basically, he set the bar high with his last two solo lp's and he is going to use Detox in order to revolutionize rap music like he did after 2001 --- to produce a sound we never heard before...

i mean just blaze isnt really ground-breaking... to a lesser degree you can say the same about storch... also, these guys arent in a position where they can put everything on hold to change rap music history...

such a task is too much for any individual... thats why i think dre is accepting input from A-list producers... still, someone has to be the head chief among all the chiefs in the tribe, and that person is dre

peace

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »
big propz. How was the running beat gonna end on detox its trash

WestCoasta

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 10:46:55 PM »
I'm real pleased to hear Hi-Tek supposedly being involved, at least there's one I really like

J Bananas

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 10:54:02 PM »
good article but wtf is with having jay z write about cali life for you? thats kinda bitchmade

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »
I'm real pleased to hear Hi-Tek supposedly being involved, at least there's one I really like

what? u dont like focus? all his beats are real nice

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

WestCoasta

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 12:34:48 AM »
got nothin against him, I'm just sayin I really like Hi-Tek's shit

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 02:44:04 AM »
good article but wtf is with having jay z write about cali life for you? thats kinda bitchmade

Old story... But yeah, it's kinda weird. Worked out well in the end though, didn't it? And that's really what matters.

Didn't Jigga write a completely different song at first? And Dre told him to change it? Am I remembering shit right or am I making this shit up in my head?

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 08:06:44 AM »
Dre's tha man!

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 04:48:59 PM »
props for the scans

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »
Some people think that being a producer is the same as composing a beat from scratch. It isn't the same thing. It helps to have some musical understanding and a crew of talent to help you acheive your vision. Bringing that all together is the real genius. when you look at the end product he's made from his electro beat days in wrecking crew to his platinum singles for diverse artists all over, the man deserves his props. He invented the whole rap with an R&B hook thing. He took the grime out of a hip hop beat and still made it sound gangsta. He spawned a list of legendary artists and producers who learned under him. Maybe you have to actually produce and/or make beats to fully understand why he is the greatest of his time.

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 03:34:18 AM »
Thanx 4 the scans!!!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?