Author Topic: COOLWADDA INTERVIEW PEEP IT !!! FROM LARCENYENTERTAINMENT.COM  (Read 48 times)

So Parallel

• 'G'
COOLWADDA INTERVIEW PEEP IT !!! FROM LARCENYENTERTAINMENT.COM
« on: August 09, 2006, 01:36:31 AM »
Coolwadda Interview

I first heard about you as a member of chico and coolwada. How did you guys hook up?

Cool: we started in Tone Def Clicc back in 1995 with producer named Tone Toba. he got us all together. there was 6 members. that year we did a song for the "Million Man March Soundtrack" and the song was titled "Meal Ticket". while being aparto of TDC me and Chico forumed "Chico & Coolwadda"

I know you guys had several major deals. What labels were you with and how was that experience?

Cool: We first started with MCA/Universal which is now Geffen Records ( IGA). after that we forumed our own record label " Psssh Records" and we got a 50/50 deal with Carson Daley and John Rifkin (456 Entertainmenta).i would say our Major Label experience(MCA/Universal) is basically like going to College when you graduate you learn how to make real money depending on if you really take this serious. in my experience major labels have to many people that are not really in to hip hop but have control of the hip hop product. As A Indie Label(Psssh/456 ent) you have freedon from the begging to the end of the project you can give the people what they want rather than giving them what they are program to like. you let them chouse. example: "dre beat or nate dogg hook or its a wrap for any artist on the west."

You are now solo and go by the name coolie high. What does the name change symbolize?

Cool:  well yeah Coolie has been with me since forever. when i was born my uncle Big Slick(Slick Rickey's Father)  gave me that name. every one knows me as Coolie. from my moms, my grandmother to the homies. really anybody that really knows me knows me as Coolie, and the High...  Psssh it aint for the movie. (im high right now typing this)

I know you have your own label situation with Asphalt Ent.speak on that.

Cool: Asphalt is the new situation.i got my creative control and a ownership in the label. we going to have some hot shit in the coming years. while still fresh Asphalt already has Distrubution Deal, we got catolog that can bust anybodys shit Coolie High Sept. 19th 2006 Psssh

You have been in the game for a cool minute what changes do you see from the late ninties to now in the Rap Game?

Cool:  THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIGHT OR ORIGINALITY ANY MORE

You speak a lot about smoking on that purple and kush. Do you consider yourself a weedhead?

Cool:  does a bear shit in the woods?

What seperates you from the next Rapper on the West Coast?

Cool: i'm me and me knowing most of these rappers on the west coast. alot of them hide behind there image.

I have heard some advance tracks on your cd and you have some heavy features like KoKane and Keak Da Sneak. What do you think it is about Coolwada that makes these artist want to deal with you?

Cool: for reals i dont know. you might have to ask them. i'm just me. for instances. the Kokane, Keek situation was all love. the homie Kokane hooked me up with this crazy hook on this hyphy beat. there was only one person on this track with me. so we hollad and he was a cool ass n1gg@ so we flew him out here. smoked a zone. and knocked the track out. its all west coast love. we need more of that on the west. LA to the bay.

What do you hope to accomplish as a solo artist?

Cool: for the world gets a chance to hear what i got to say. this is a journey in to my world. in the business side this is the first album off our new label.

Any shoutouts?

Cool: want to shout out all my staff: Cyrrus, Toney Tunes, D-Tect my DJ,The OutFit(40 bronson & Young Dolo), Dub Sac,Chico, My New Managment Black TK & Breezy (Larceny Management), Young Hootie, City Boy & The Larceny Gang The partners in the label K-Mack & Big Gain James, Keek Da Sneak, Kokane, Black Chill, Kadosha, S Class, XL, The Lab Rats & all of my Parallel Gang  they is to many of ya'll to name. and every one from Watts to the Valle.

one more thing i would like to say

My Cousin, My Homie My Best friend
Slick Rickey Manchester
Rest In Peace
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:49:19 AM by So Parallel »

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Re: COOLWADDA INTERVIEW PEEP IT !!! FROM LARCENYENTERTAINMENT.COM
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:38 AM »
Coolwadda Interview

You speak a lot about smoking on that purple and kush. Do you consider yourself a weedhead?

Cool:  does a bare shit in the woods?

lmao, that is fuckin ridiculous  ;D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: COOLWADDA INTERVIEW PEEP IT !!! FROM LARCENYENTERTAINMENT.COM
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 02:54:39 AM »
props on the read