Author Topic: TOP 5 WRESTLERS EVER!  (Read 2009 times)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
Re: TOP 5 WRESTLERS EVER!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 06:49:18 AM »
Why hasn´t noone mentioned Curt Hennig yet? He is definitely in the top10 cause he got the charisma and the ability.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 12:42:15 PM »
Why hasn´t noone mentioned Curt Hennig yet? He is definitely in the top10 cause he got the charisma and the ability.

Yeah he was great also,  Mr. Perfect vs Bret Hart at Summerslam :o  That match was great

herpes

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 12:59:28 PM »
are we talkin skill wise or total package in ring skill, mic skills, impact, and all that jazz

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »
are we talkin skill wise or total package in ring skill, mic skills, impact, and all that jazz

I was talkin all around, the whole package, everything you listed

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »
1. Eddie Guerrero
2. The Rock
3. Stone Cold
4. HBK
5. HHH

:D

others that deserve mention: Hogan, Benoit, Taker, Jericho, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Rey Mysterio, Flair, Foley

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »
ultimate warrior > everyone else.  :banana_rock:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 03:36:45 PM »
1.Undertaker

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 05:01:10 PM »
1. Ric Flair
2. Hulk Hogan
3. The Rock
4. Goldberg
5. Triple H

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »
My list is based on WWE/WCW stars; that's basically what i grew up watching, so i dunno much about the Japanese or Mexican wrestling

Legacy wise:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Ric Flair
3. HBK
4. Sting (fans still love him, no homo)
5. Undertaker

Charisma wise:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. The Rock
3. Ultimate Warrior
4. Ric Flair
5. HBK/Sting (Sting wouldve been #5 had he not had that time in WCW where he was all silent and shit)

Ability wise:

1. Bret Hart
2. Ric Flair
3. Kurt Angle
4. Chris Benoit
5.Ric Flair

that's my opinion on top 5; but it's so damn hard cause there a lot of great wrestlers so I'd hafta take a while to properly think about it and stuff

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:52 PM »
1. hulk hogan
2. bret hart
3. kurt angle
4. eddie guerrero
5. chris benoit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 04:57:29 AM »
straight skill

1 Kurt Angle
2 Lou Thez
3 Ric Flair
4 Bret Hart
5 Bob Backland

Whole Package

1 Kurt Angle
2 Ric Flair
3 Shawn Michaels
4 Eddie Guerrero
5 Steve Austin

Legacy (Legendary)

1 Hulk Hogan
2 Ric Flair
3 Bruno Sammartino
4 Sting
5 Shawn Michaels
(Kurt Angle needs one great title run, and he will be on this list, but the WWE can't be afraid to push him during the HHH era)

For the record, the top 5 political wrestlers

1 Triple H
2 Hulk Hogan
3 Verne Gagne
4 Shawn Michaels
5 Harely Race

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 09:25:34 AM »
straight skill

1 Kurt Angle
2 Lou Thez
3 Ric Flair
4 Bret Hart
5 Bob Backland

Finally someone atleast mentioned Thesz.

A top 5 is way too hard in whatever category we do this by. I mean do we start from the Gotch/Hackenschmidt era? or the later Thesz era? Over the years there have been guys like Dan Hodge, Gorgeous George, Freddie Blassie, Buddy Rogers, Ed Carpentier, etc. Later one came Dory Funk, Riki Dozan who brought it to Japan and made Baba and Inoki, while Brono, Race, Terry Funk and others were still tearing it up in the States. The 80s came in and we had Flair, Hogan, Dusty who became more popular, Piper, DiBiase who never got a fair shake, Steamboat etc. and then the 90s gave us two Harts, Michaels, Austin, Rock, HHH, Sting who really came out then, Vader, and even a mention to Goldberg for making such a huge impact in a short time.

Out of the 30 names I mentioned 25 of them could easily be top 5 guys and there are a lot more I have forgotten about.

I'll do my best to name my top guy ever and it's between Harley Race and Jumbo Tsuruta. Flair may have done it great for longer than both but I don't see a single year at his best were he was as great as either of these two in their prime. Wrestling is about making something fake look as real as possible, but making sure it's entertaining, it tells a story, it sells tickets and it keeps the fans wanting more and both Race and Tsuruta epitomized that. I'm going to say Race only because he invented so many moves used today (flying head butt, suplex, double arm auplex, belly to belly, knee lift, etc) and he was so intense on the mic when he needed to be. Jumbo was a tad better in ring but Harley just squeeks out for me. He was just so good.

And for best shooter if we're considering that I'd say between Danny Hodge and Stu Hart. Who'd ever win between them could beat anyone. Angle may have the Olympic Gold but a lot of moves Hart and Hodge would use were illegal in olympic style and even thgen Hodge went to the Olypics twice and came 6th right out of high school, went to the NCAA when he came back and went undefeated and then went back to the Olympics and lost a very contraversial Gold Medal match and won Silver. Of course if he could use all his arsenal he's whip the guys ass. Hodge was also a top level amateur boxer ranked #1 in the country winning the Golden Gloves, but never got a proper manager as a pro and switched to wrestling after a 8-2 record. I'm pretty sure he lost both fights by points and was never KOed. His amateur record was 22-0 with 17 KOs.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »
If we're talking about actual wrestling skills....

Brest Hart
Ric Flair (in his prime)
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho

As far as entertainment value?
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
HBK
The Undertaker
Hulk Hogan

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 10:54:20 AM »
Can't believe that I forgot the original Tiger Mask - Satoru Sayama -

He and Dynamite Kid had one of the best all round wrestling fueds between 2 wrestlers IMO

Here's a clip of Dynamite Kid & Tiger Mask's matches, remember that this is from around 1982 and the matches still last by today's standards

Truely 2 of the best of all time - such  innovations in those matches - and no wonder that many wrestlers would say that they had a huge impact on their careers

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3Ks90kH6aY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3Ks90kH6aY</a>

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 11:02:07 AM by TheDeli »

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 02:55:36 PM »
Stone Cold Steve Austin..123 Kid