Author Topic: TOP 5 WRESTLERS EVER!  (Read 2008 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: TOP 5 WRESTLERS EVER!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
straight skill

1 Kurt Angle
2 Lou Thez
3 Ric Flair
4 Bret Hart
5 Bob Backland

Finally someone atleast mentioned Thesz.

funny, because we might have differences in opinion, you can't argue Thesz record

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 05:07:16 PM »
straight skill

1 Kurt Angle
2 Lou Thez
3 Ric Flair
4 Bret Hart
5 Bob Backland

Finally someone atleast mentioned Thesz.

funny, because we might have differences in opinion, you can't argue Thesz record

Or his impact on society (as far as wrestlers go). Did he have dinner with the president once?

What differences in opinion? Remind me. Or are you talking about Race and Jumbo?

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »

G.O.A.T.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 05:13:39 PM »
^^ 8)
NO MORE WAR

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »
I think that at that time Warrior was almost every mark´s favorite wrestler.

I remember watching the "adverts" for Wrestlemania 6. They showed it here like a couple of weeks (?) after it originally aired. It was on Sky or Eurosports or whatever. I remember telling my family (who didn´t care for wrestling at all) who were sitting in front of the tv with me that Warrior would win because they showed how Warrior did his Big Splash to Hogan. They only showed like 2 or 3 seconds of it but I knew that Warrior would win and I marked out like crazy. Then I watched the actual ppv and saw that Warrior didn´t win with that move. At the end it was all good again though, like we all know. :D  Fucking great match and buildup with 2 entertainers who, in reality, were so limited in the ring.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 08:23:21 PM »
I used to hate the Warrior. I did like his return in the 90's for WWF cause I hoped it would help wrestling, but that didn't work.

As for Shallow, I remember you liking TNA and we had a huge debate on the linear title of the original NWA title, and we argued if the WCW/World title was it, or the TNA/NWA title was it. I was say WCW/World, you said TNA/NWA. Plus you would say Steve Austin is the biggest star in wrestling history, I'd go with Hulk Hogan. You seem more of a pure wrestler/shooter fan, I like the whole package in terms of skills and entertainment.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 09:10:48 PM »
Ultimate worrior hands down!!!!! 8)

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 11:21:06 PM »
1. Virgil
2. Yokozuna
3. Hollywood Hogan
4. Jerry The King Lawler
5. Lex Luger

WHAT!!
The Canadian Polish

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 06:11:44 AM »
The Ultimate Warrior was a bitch and the in the scope of things wasn't much of a big deal.  In reality, though, you're looking the wrong way if you're trying to compare those guys to Hogan.  Warrior was only around a few years, Austin was only big a few years, Rock was only big a few years, Hulk Hogan has all of their numbers and is *STILL* fucking wrestling.  If you want to throw around Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc. true LEGENDS as being on Hogan's level, I'll at least discuss it, but when you mention Austin, Rock, Warrior etc. it's not even close.  There's a difference between "He was as hot as Hogan was for 3 years" and "Hulk Hogan held the heavyweight belt for 3 years" and "Hogan has been wrestling, at the top of the ladder, for over 20 years"

The only person who has been ON TOP for 20 years is Ric Flair.  Hogan just has absolutely nobody even in his stratosphere. 

If you're talking favorites, though, all bets are off, Spike Dudley could be your favorite, that's fine. 

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 07:59:11 AM »
^I can't disagree with what you said about Hogan, he has been relevant for a long ass time

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »
I used to hate the Warrior. I did like his return in the 90's for WWF cause I hoped it would help wrestling, but that didn't work.

As for Shallow, I remember you liking TNA and we had a huge debate on the linear title of the original NWA title, and we argued if the WCW/World title was it, or the TNA/NWA title was it. I was say WCW/World, you said TNA/NWA. Plus you would say Steve Austin is the biggest star in wrestling history, I'd go with Hulk Hogan. You seem more of a pure wrestler/shooter fan, I like the whole package in terms of skills and entertainment.

Well...

- I said that about the title because WCW broke its affiliation with the NWA in the early 90s. It was picked up by ECW and dropped just as fast then it disappeared for a few years and ended up back on TV with TNA which chose to affiliate with the NWA. It's the same belt exactly, even in design.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/nwa/nwaworld.htm

- I  know I believe (because it's 100% true) that Austin made and generated more money than Hogan (even when you combine his WWF and WCW/NWO years), and that the WWF made more money with Austin on top than with Hogan on top. As for who is bigger current household name, well that's Hogan right now. I say right now because you can never predict the future fully. If you told fans in '94 that Hogan would becaome one of the biggest names in wrestling as a heel named Hollywood Hogan you'd get laughed at. Trauma brags about Hogan still wrestling. Austin could still wrestle if he wanted but he knows he can't have great matches anymore and he didn't want to be like Hogan and have to be carried through the ring. But who knows he may come back for another run.

- My favourite wrestler is Ric Flair and that's the epitome of the total package in my eyes. I love the entertainers, when they're good.

~SandMan~

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2006, 11:52:36 AM »
Can't believe that I forgot the original Tiger Mask - Satoru Sayama -

He and Dynamite Kid had one of the best all round wrestling fueds between 2 wrestlers IMO

most of the people posting are just posting their favorites, or posting more recent wrestlers anyways...not necessarily the "best". Dynamite Kid and Tiger Mask would be in the top 5 for sure as far as best ever. But heres my top 5 favorites...

1. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
2. Bret Hart
3. Undertaker (the original one)
4. Jushin Thunder Liger
5. Ultimate Warrior

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 09:12:49 PM »

Well...

- I said that about the title because WCW broke its affiliation with the NWA in the early 90s. It was picked up by ECW and dropped just as fast then it disappeared for a few years and ended up back on TV with TNA which chose to affiliate with the NWA. It's the same belt exactly, even in design.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/nwa/nwaworld.htm

- I  know I believe (because it's 100% true) that Austin made and generated more money than Hogan (even when you combine his WWF and WCW/NWO years), and that the WWF made more money with Austin on top than with Hogan on top. As for who is bigger current household name, well that's Hogan right now. I say right now because you can never predict the future fully. If you told fans in '94 that Hogan would becaome one of the biggest names in wrestling as a heel named Hollywood Hogan you'd get laughed at. Trauma brags about Hogan still wrestling. Austin could still wrestle if he wanted but he knows he can't have great matches anymore and he didn't want to be like Hogan and have to be carried through the ring. But who knows he may come back for another run.

- My favourite wrestler is Ric Flair and that's the epitome of the total package in my eyes. I love the entertainers, when they're good.

In court, WCW at the time won the rights of the linage, NWA can still claim linage based on name, but WCW won the rights to the legacy.

I know Austin made more money for the WWF, although that was mainly shirt sales. I even own an Austin 3:16 shirt, it was by far the most well known t-shirt in wrestling history. BUT, Hogan did more to wrestling in the mainstream than Austin, including selling out the Silverdome with Andre the Giant. You also have to remember that many of the PPVs back then were not as expensive as they are now, and also PPVs like Wrestlemania III were shown on close circuit TV at a local area or bar, and people could watch for a fee that went to the venter, or for free as long as they buy drinks. So the WWF at the time did not make as much, since they did not know they can charge as much. You but Wrestlemania III in 1999, and you have the highest grossing PPV in history. Andre the Giant set the foundation, Hulk Hogan built the house, and Steve Austin made the house modern. I do think though that Austin not putting over anyone but The Rock before he left truly hurt the WWE. Wrestling is built off building stars, like Andre put over Hogan, and the Hogan put over Warrior, now look how many Warrior fans there are. Warrior put over Undertaker, Taker put over Rock, in WCW Flair put over Sting, Sting and Hogan put each other over, back to WWF, The Rock put over the Hurricane for crying out loud, and put over Goldberg just to top it off on his way out. Austin has yet to put over someone that would carry the company, not even Triple H, in fact he flat out refused to job to him back in 1999, when Triple H was given the ball. And that showed because Triple H's orginial reign was seen as very weak, and they did everything from having him reunite DX, to marrying a McMahon to put his reign over. If Austin put Triple H over, he might have still married Steph, but his reign would have been stronger at first. Austin didn't even put over Jericho when Jericho became Undisputed Champion.

As for favorite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero, not because his Mexican, but because he was the true example of great performer and great entertainer.

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
1. No, you love Eddie Guerrero because he's mexican.  Nothing wrong with that. 

2. Shallow's a dumbass, don't even read his posts.  I stopped years ago.  You kind of fuck me up when you quote things he said, because then I accidentally read them.  Stop doing that. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
1. No, you love Eddie Guerrero because he's mexican.  Nothing wrong with that. 

2. Shallow's a dumbass, don't even read his posts.  I stopped years ago.  You kind of fuck me up when you quote things he said, because then I accidentally read them.  Stop doing that. 

no, I like Eddie 'cause his Mexican, just like I like Juvi, the MexiCools, Chavo, Rey, La Parka, and a few others. I love Eddie 'cause his by far the funniest, and most entertaining wrestler, yet he puts on 5 star matches. Plus his small, La Parka is Mexican, but not small, Eddie was pretty small for a wrestler.