Author Topic: James Toney  (Read 106 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
James Toney
« on: August 15, 2006, 05:26:52 AM »
 ;D
James Toney: Q & A

15.08.06 - As James “Lights Out” Toney continues to train for his upcoming September 2 main event heavyweight showdown with Samuel “The Nigerian Nightmare” Peter at LA’s Staples Center, he continues to snipe and sneer at his critics who continue to harp on his weight and spread rumors that he isn’t training. But he is not losing sleep over them or his nightmarish opponent. Rather he has visions of what the future holds with a victory. Toney, sweaty and surly, briefly entertained – and summarily dismissed -- a group of reporters today following a closed -- and apparently rigorous -- workout at trainer Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Gym in Hollywood..

Q: How’s the training going, James?

A: What the (bleep) are you doing back here, man? I thought I threw your (bleeping) ass out of here last week. Like I said, no more training questions or I’ll invent a new exercise: “The reporter toss.”

Q: Did you go to the Rahman-Maskaev fight? What did you think?

A: (Bleep) no, I didn’t go. I knew Rahman would lose. Everybody knows I beat him last March and softened him up. I would have kicked his ass if they gave me a rematch.

Q: Were you impressed with Maskaev?

A: I ain’t (bleeping) here after working my ass off to talk about that (bleeping) fight. I’m focused on kicking Peter’s ass on Sept. 2.

Q: So you’re confident you can take care of Samuel Peter?

A: I’m always (bleeping) confident. I will win. First I must take out this slow, methodical “Nigerian Nightmare,” than it’s onto the Russians. I’ll fight all three the same night. That’s the only thing that (bleeping) matters now.

Q: You’re taking a big chance going in against Samuel Peter with so much at stake, aren’t you?

A: That’s why they are calling the (bleeping) event “No Risk, No Reward.” Interview’s (bleeping) over. I will answer all your questions at Staples on September 2. Just “Wait and See!”

;D

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: James Toney
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:46:23 PM »
BoxingTalk.com best boxing site in the world. You should read the article on Kassim Ouma. Big name fighters are afraid to face him.

Sikotic™

Re: James Toney
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »
I fuckin HATE Toney. I can't wait until his old Donkey-Kong-minus-the-red-tie lookin' ass gets his head knocked off by Klitchko or Maskaev. Dude talks too much shit for a senior citizen.

Hell, I can't stand Lewis, but I wish he would come outta retirement and beat the fuck outta Toney.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE