Author Topic: Crucial Conflict- The Final Tic- Appreciation Thread  (Read 159 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Crucial Conflict- The Final Tic- Appreciation Thread
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »
#1.  Intro:  nice intro, I love the sample in the background, just reminding them to stay humble and never forget where they came from.

#2. Final Tic:  Great title track to open up their album, telling everyone they better get ready for something big, introducing their new style (rodeo) and each of the crew members, the timing of their rhymes and the beat and the way it's all mixed is so dope, the beat invokes the imagery of a dark night on the Wild West Frontier and something big is about to go down.

#3.  Showdown:  Great concept for a track, their preparing for a Wild West "Showdown", this track was one of the video's for the album, it was a B side to "Hay".  It's a hype track, bangin beat, chorus.

#4.  Desperado:  The Source magazine called this their "dopest cut", it's not as hype as some of the other tracks, nor is it really emotional like the track that follows it, but nonetheless it's another dope cut.

#5.  Life Just Ain't the Same:   This is one of my personal favorites.  Remember this album came out at a great time in hip-hop, right before 2pac died and Death Row fell apart.  It seemed like everything started to change as 1997 started to come in.  So this song grew on me as times change.

#6.  Hay:  This was their breakthrough single, one of the best and most underrated hip-hop tracks ever, probably the best weed song ever, the beat is hypnotizing, and the lyrics are on point and represent their smoked out rodeo style.

#10.  Tell It To The Judge:  This is a touching track, they show their depth on this song.  It's not all about smoking weed and rodeo style raps, this track is really emotional, this is a 2pac and the Outlaws type of track, explaining why they became who they are and what role society played in their criminal behaivor, this track is very touching.  I recently listened to this album again, and noticed something at the end of the track I hadn't noticed back in 96' when I used to listen to the album everyday, it seems one of the rappers is a member of the 5% Nation of Islam, I was suprised hear Allah mentioned in the last verse of the track, in the form of an acronym which the 5%'s often use.

#11.  Ride the Rodeo:  Their second single, really hype track, the girl on the song has a nice voice. 

...the songs I didn't mention aren't bad either.  This is an album you can bump from beggining to end.  Another reason why I think 1996 was the best year in hip-hop.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:22:24 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Crucial Conflict- The Final Tic- Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:21:42 PM »
Hay was a good song. I don't got this album but I got the 'Hay' Single cd. That shit was tight.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »
BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

Narrator

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »
(1.) Reviews go in The Vault.

(2.) Crucial Conflict sucked...they were obviously a bunch of Bone Thugs wanna-bes.

(3.) A good Muslim should not be listening to a song like "Hay".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »
(1.) Reviews go in The Vault.

This was an appreciation thread. 

(2.) Crucial Conflict sucked...they were obviously a bunch of Bone Thugs wanna-bes.

This album sounds like no other album, they invented the rodeo style just for this album, they were on tour travelling through the country, they had never seen the country before and they caught a vibe, and translated that vibe into one of the most unique hip-hop albums ever.

(3.) A good Muslim should not be listening to a song like "Hay".

I didn't even know what a Muslim was back in 1996 when I was bumpin this album everyday.  I didn't get into Islam until the year 2000.  Also, hip-hop is art, you can't question a person's artistic integrity, just because I don't smoke weed anymore now that I'm a Muslim, doesn't mean I have to isolate myself from anyone else who is even talking about the subject.  Also, it is actually alcohol that is the drug that is most seriously condemned in Islam.

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 02:15:32 PM »
[This was an appreciation thread. 

It is written as a review of the album.

This album sounds like no other album, they invented the rodeo style just for this album, they were on tour travelling through the country, they had never seen the country before and they caught a vibe, and translated that vibe into one of the most unique hip-hop albums ever.

"Rodeo style" was nothing but a gimmick, and there is no mistaking the fact that their delivery is stolen from Bone.  Of course, it figures a white kid trying to fit in with the GODS would fall for a gimmick.

I didn't even know what a Muslim was back in 1996 when I was bumpin this album everyday.  I didn't get into Islam until the year 2000.  Also, hip-hop is art, you can't question a person's artistic integrity, just because I don't smoke weed anymore now that I'm a Muslim, doesn't mean I have to isolate myself from anyone else who is even talking about the subject.  Also, it is actually alcohol that is the drug that is most seriously condemned in Islam.

Orthodox Muslims throughout the world (especially in the Middle East) would consider a song like "Hay" to be har'aam and would criticize you for listening to it.  You try driving down the streets of Tehran bumping this song and watch what happens.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
bryan you're going to hell now, allah caught you with your pants down do you have the fortitude to stand up to his condemnation?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:14 AM »
lol...decent album btw...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 05:51:06 AM »

"Rodeo style" was nothing but a gimmick, and there is no mistaking the fact that their delivery is stolen from Bone.  Of course, it figures a white kid trying to fit in with the GODS would fall for a gimmick.

Your narrow, abbreviated worldview doesn't allow you to accept a white person being a Muslim, even though the Qu'ran specifically states in Suratal Hujurat that Allah doesn't judge according to nation or tribe but the only thing that makes one person better than another is not race, but taqwa (Allah-conscious, Allah-fearing, nearness to Allah).  Go to Bosnia, Albania, or Chechnya and tell the millions of white Muslims there your views on Islam, that will seriously broaden your severely limited perspective.

Orthodox Muslims throughout the world (especially in the Middle East) would consider a song like "Hay" to be har'aam and would criticize you for listening to it.  You try driving down the streets of Tehran bumping this song and watch what happens.

Trust me, I don't need you to tell me anything about Islam.  You are no authority on Islam.  As far as the streets of Tehran, I didn't grow up in the streets of Tehran so it's likely some wouldn't understand the culture over here.  I grew up immersed in hip-hop I didn't grow up in Islamic culture, again, for the second time I converted to Islam in 2000.  Your making a big deal about nothing, your a critic on the sidelines looking in guessing about what it is like and what it means to be a Muslim.

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »
Your narrow, abbreviated worldview doesn't allow you to accept a white person being a Muslim, even though the Qu'ran specifically states in Suratal Hujurat that Allah doesn't judge according to nation or tribe but the only thing that makes one person better than another is not race, but taqwa (Allah-conscious, Allah-fearing, nearness to Allah).  Go to Bosnia, Albania, or Chechnya and tell the millions of white Muslims there your views on Islam, that will seriously broaden your severely limited perspective.

I have no problem with white people being Muslims.  I just have a problem with you.  There's a difference, son.

Trust me, I don't need you to tell me anything about Islam.  You are no authority on Islam.  As far as the streets of Tehran, I didn't grow up in the streets of Tehran so it's likely some wouldn't understand the culture over here.  I grew up immersed in hip-hop I didn't grow up in Islamic culture, again, for the second time I converted to Islam in 2000.  Your making a big deal about nothing, your a critic on the sidelines looking in guessing about what it is like and what it means to be a Muslim.

I don't need to know Islamic culture to know that most Orthodox Muslims find American music, including hip-hop, to be har'aam and condemn it.

hempkside2

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 07:36:08 AM »
bone ended them cats career...end of that. 8)

hempkside2

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 03:00:38 AM »
bone ended them cats career...end of that. 8)
hello anybody there....yeah u hoetype azz bitches dont want to speak on real shit like that. :laugh:

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 09:20:54 AM »
Well sidestepping all this other taolk, i liked this album ... dont bump no more but hell respect where its due

hempkside2

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 03:57:30 AM »
Art of war drowned  them niggaz. :laugh: