Author Topic: Which album will bring the West back?  (Read 925 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Which album will bring the West back?
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2001, 03:12:11 PM »
I don't think 1 artist can really do it. If Dre, Snoop, Cube, and Xzibit all put out decent albums within a year, that could do it. Or even the new Westside Connect, NWA, or 213 albums were to drop, in any combination, it would bring the focus back to the west, and open the door for Daz, Warren, Nate, Kurupt, Ras Kass, Crooked I, or any other cats not gettin the attention they should have. I'm not hatin on the east coast, cause I like ALOT of artists from the other side, but I'm tired of BET, MTV, The Source, or any radio stations around here (midwest) ridin only the east coasts dick. It's time to give some of the light to the west coast. There is some really good music that will never be heard thanks to politics.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ToNe1904

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2001, 09:49:03 PM »
how come no one is mentioning eminem? hehe

ummm...i dunno....maybe, cus he aint frum tha west ??? LOL

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2001, 10:42:39 PM »

ummm...i dunno....maybe, cus he aint frum tha west ??? LOL

2Pac wasnt from the west either, but he was labeled as an West Coast artist, right!?

To me, Eminem are as much west as Tupac was(RIP)
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

ToNe1904

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2001, 11:34:21 PM »

2Pac wasnt from the west either, but he was labeled as an West Coast artist, right!?

To me, Eminem are as much west as Tupac was(RIP)

u gotta be jokin?? u cant be frum kali. i aint neva in mah life hearda muhafucka out hea claim eminem was westcoast. therez a BIG difference in pac bein BORN in tha east. n eminem bein from detroit. eminem repz detroit. pac repped kali. pac stayed in kali. i mean, kurupt iz from philly. but, hez str8 westcoast when it comes down to it. eminem, is STR8 detroit. tah say eminem gonna BRING BACK THE WEST, thas a slap in tha face to all tha westcoast artist that are ACTUALLY frum tha west. eminem iz tight n all, but he rep hiz own shit...out hea in kali, we dont claim him as bein westcoast.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2001, 12:32:36 AM »

u gotta be jokin?? u cant be frum kali. i aint neva in mah life hearda muhafucka out hea claim eminem was westcoast. therez a BIG difference in pac bein BORN in tha east. n eminem bein from detroit. eminem repz detroit. pac repped kali. pac stayed in kali. i mean, kurupt iz from philly. but, hez str8 westcoast when it comes down to it. eminem, is STR8 detroit. tah say eminem gonna BRING BACK THE WEST, thas a slap in tha face to all tha westcoast artist that are ACTUALLY frum tha west. eminem iz tight n all, but he rep hiz own shit...out hea in kali, we dont claim him as bein westcoast.

"Swedish-G" does that sound "Kali" to you?

Which coast do u put Em in then? Wich COAST?

Doesnt Em record his albums on the westcoast!?

To ME, thats Westcoast, say whatever u want.

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

ToNe1904

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2001, 01:41:16 AM »

"Swedish-G" does that sound "Kali" to you?

Which coast do u put Em in then? Wich COAST?

Doesnt Em record his albums on the westcoast!?

To ME, thats Westcoast, say whatever u want.

Peace

it dont matter where u record. that dont determine whetha u eastcoast, westcoast, down south. itz where u frum. shit, jayo felony n south central cartel used tah be on def jam. does that make them eastcoast?? hell naw. all im sayin iz, im frum tha westcoast, kali....n in NO WAY doez eminem represent where im comin frum. hez detroit. well....jus outside detroit LOL

ToNe1904

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2001, 01:44:17 AM »
oh yah, one mo thing. u asked if yo name sounded "kali". shit, theas swedish people in kali.  ;D

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2001, 01:53:43 AM »
oh yah, one mo thing. u asked if yo name sounded "kali". shit, theas swedish people in kali.  ;D

Sorry homie, i didnt mean to disrespect u.

Do u know any swedish people were u live?
If you do, then whats their names and were in sweden r they from??? If they are girls, tell them this: "jag vill knulla dig"

Peace

ToNe1904

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2001, 02:00:13 AM »
naw i aint know any swedish people. i mean, i met sum folks before. but tha way kali iz, itz almost like NOBODY was born hea....everybody jus ended up hea lol. so itz people frum all ova up in thiz muhafucka.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2002, 12:30:11 PM »
a lot of albums are gonna be topsellaz...but y'all talking about artists still with the game...come backs could sell a lot too...like ice t and coolio!

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2002, 12:36:29 PM »
how come no one is mentioning eminem? hehe

anyways i think reunion of NWA or new Ice Cube or Dre cd will bring the West to the top

cuz em iz in it wit west iz he regarded as a westcoast rappa? there aint gonna be a runion with nwa for a while dre says cos they all have movies to do and he wants to spend as much time on the album as he does with his own...he says if it aint gonna be great and all gonna be quick...then there won't be an album at all...ice cube says he has put his greatest hits out cuz he wants to do more acting and he has like 4 films comin up....warren g said the 213 alum hasn't been talked about properly though work is begginning soon! thats why no-one is mentiong these peeps, get with time b4 u run ur mouth homie! u diggin' ppl for not mentioning these guys when u don't know whats happening...

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2002, 04:35:53 PM »
the crooked i "untouchable" could bring the west back, wit the right promotion & production. techniec is hella tyte, but aint never got promotion. but basically the west needs to promote its underground & stop dependin on these old niggaz like snoop, & dre to drop new albums. half of our underground artists got hella talent, but nobod is promotin them, so they never get heard. and i can tell that some of the west coast underground is waaaaaay better lyrically than jay-z, dmx, & all them niggaz from tha east.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

Quadruple OG

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2002, 05:35:28 PM »
the way that the west coast can come back is with fresh faces, which for some, sadly means that the West Coast Monopoly (Dre, Snoop, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, and Ice Cube) should take the year off by not releasing any albums and limiting themselves to a few guest appearances, or in Dre's case, producing.  They should let the new faces in the west (Crooked I, Baby S, Eastwood, E-White, Knoc-Turnal, Shade Sheist) and those who've been overshadowed by the West Coast Monopoly (Dj Quik, WC, Jayo Felony, Ras Kass, The Luniz, C-Bo) prove that they deserve the spotlight as much as the West Coast Monopoly has.  Also, the west coast producers that have been overlooked (Crazy Toons, Darren Vargas, Big Hutch, Quik) need to get their work showcased as well.  It's not gonna be one album, it's gotta be a bunch of albums from people to prove that the west coast isn't just Dre, Snoop, Nate, Xzibit, and Ice Cube.  It's also gotta make big waves in the east.  Some people forget that there is a east coast and that if you can sell records over there, it'll help their career greatly.