Author Topic: I Need an Honest Opinion  (Read 279 times)

J Bananas

I Need an Honest Opinion
« on: August 25, 2006, 03:23:12 PM »
One of my favorite songs out right now is stunna glasses by federation, i think its crack when artists use all that old 80's stuff. i went ahead and did my own track sampling an old new order song, kinda went for a "It's Mine" feel. tell me if you think it would could be a hit these days or is it just super gay. here's the link

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FDBD978F36011A1F
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:10:54 PM by J Bananas »

Streetryder310

• 'G'
Re: I Need an Honest Opinion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:42 AM »
i aint into that kind of music much, but its good... 8)

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »
My honest opinion:
Too oldschool for me, the drums are hot, but the 80s sounds is like totally over it, overdone. If you'd threw in some modern synths it'd be way better imo. Some more modern influences except for the drums would be better.
If this could be a hit? I'd say: no.

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »
I think it's dope. I'm a fan of the 80's sound and i think that sound is coming back aswell. Lots of Timbo's latest beats (Do It, Sexy Ladies) are also influenced by the 80's sound

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 07:08:40 AM »
Its ok, need some changeups, which might be a little hard cause it just sounds like a sampled loop to me with drums over it. Maybe try and chop it up a little so you can make more of your own composition with it.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »
I fuckin love this shit! Props this is such a throwback man this is dope.  In fact its so nice Im gonna have to write a song for it, propz doggie ;D

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 11:59:37 AM »
And yes this could be a hit, give this to Cam or any of the Dips and see what happens :o

Logic

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »
80's > All of Time

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
lol@ some disco beat what made u make this beat man lol

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 08:25:22 PM »
lol@ some disco beat what made u make this beat man lol

its hot though doggie

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 09:43:55 PM »
what made me make this beat? i was listening to the american psycho soundtrack and i was thinkin about how fly dude was from it no homo so i said fuck it, and yeah im working on some new ways to fuck with the loops, its hard tho cuz theres existing percussion in it and its hard to sync with new drums. and its not disco, its new wave. and spice, hell yeah write away doggie if u can put it on even a computer mic i wanna hear it, maybe some vocals would make it less boring

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 11:53:37 PM »
what made me make this beat? i was listening to the american psycho soundtrack and i was thinkin about how fly dude was from it no homo so i said fuck it, and yeah im working on some new ways to fuck with the loops, its hard tho cuz theres existing percussion in it and its hard to sync with new drums. and its not disco, its new wave. and spice, hell yeah write away doggie if u can put it on even a computer mic i wanna hear it, maybe some vocals would make it less boring

lol nah doggie I cant rap lmao, I write shit sometimes for the fun of it but I cant spit.

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »

lol nah doggie I cant rap lmao, I write shit sometimes for the fun of it but I cant spit.

damn, well when i get a finished product with other dudes vocals on it i'm gonna up it here before i give puff a call