Author Topic: The word legend and the word classic  (Read 251 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The word legend and the word classic
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
I think some people get these words confused or mis interpret there true meaning.

See Ice cube is a hip hop Legend so is Big Daddy Kane were as e-40 might be a legend but a Local legend---oakland

I think theres 2 types of classics. 1 there a hip hop classic ie doggystyle, cronic, ilmatic.... then theres personal classics like for me its the shadiest one by wc or the streets by kurupt. Dosent mean that its my favorite that its regarded as a hip hop classic.

herpes

Re: The word legend and the word classic
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
when it comes to classic albums i think you got universal classics... the chronic, illmatic, long live the kane.  Then you got regional classics like the war repot for the east coast, dogg food for the west.

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 02:30:31 PM »
yup

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »
no such thing as a universal classic. everybody has different classics.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »
no such thing as a universal classic. everybody has different classics.
thats real.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »
Of course ther is things like universal classics, The Chronic, Ready To Die, Illmatic, Doggystyle, Straight Outta Compton

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 06:32:11 PM »
a classic album doesnt have to sell records or be widely known/accepted... imo, JR Writer's History In The Making is a classic, and i dont even like anyone else in dipset... its a 9.5/10 album, so to me its a classic

but i agree, a "universal classic" is something like The Chronic, which every rap/hip-hop fan can enjoy, whether u like underground or mainstream and stuff from different areas

Diabolical

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 06:44:31 PM »
How can you say an album thats not even out yet/recently released is a classic? I think this is what the original post was gettng at.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:09:08 PM »
How can you say an album thats not even out yet/recently released is a classic? I think this is what the original post was gettng at.

Well if its been out for 80 minutes you can judge how good it is... ive listened to HITM many times now, and if I were to write a review for it, it would be at least a 9/10 overall, which is very good considering most albums i hear are like 5-8/10, even Busta/Cube, who are supposed to be the best out this year

its a classic IMO, because i enjoy listening to it more than anything else right now, and is better than most " certified classics"

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 10:37:10 PM »
This Shawn Nutt has no clue what he's talking about.

The first two posts are on point.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

lol, i dont see the difference between my post regarding JR Writer and the first post regarding WC... please show me where the difference lies

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 10:51:30 PM »

lol, i dont see the difference between my post regarding JR Writer and the first post regarding WC... please show me where the difference lies

There is no difference at all you are right,  Knuckles just got butthurt cause you mentioned that a dipset album is classic.  I agree, J.R.'s album is a CLASSIC, a fuckin great album!

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 11:00:43 PM »

There is no difference at all you are right,  Knuckles just got butthurt cause you mentioned that a dipset album is classic.  I agree, J.R.'s album is a CLASSIC, a fuckin great album!

yeah im lookin through all dipsets albums... so far ive gone through jr, 40, and rell... rell and 40 didnt impress me, well, as much as JR did anyways

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:01 PM »
I think this is how it goes,   Cam>J.R.>40> Juelz> Rell> Jimmy

Yeah J.R.'S album was bangin but 40's was real nice to.  Harlem droppin to many hot albums this year

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 11:47:53 PM »
e-40 might be a legend but a Local legend---oakland

Umm he is from Vallejo not Oakland ::)