Author Topic: Official US Release date: jamaican gangsta movie "Shottas" is Sept 22nd!!!!  (Read 795 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!

offical Sottas movie poster

Official Shottas Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/shottasthemovie

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdvvrjR5AcA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sdvvrjR5AcA</a>
^unofficial  release leaked out and spread the steets about 4 years ago leaving fans hungry for the real deal finished product^

^Starring: Ky-Mani Marley, Spragga Benz, Paul Campbell(aka guy who played as preist in dancehall queen), Louie Rankin'aka the guy who played ox in belly, Wyclef Jean, Assassin & Jabba. Written, Produced, and Directed by Cess Silvera!!!

The release date for the highly anticipated Jamaican gangsta tale, 'Shottas', has been pushed back to September 22nd.

All across the United States, fans of this now classic Cess Silvera film, has been anxiously awaiting it's theatrical debut, which was slated for September 15th.

According to executives at Sony/Screen Gems, interest in the movie's release have been so overwhelming, they have made the decision to move the date to September 22nd, and also add several more cities to meet the demands of the fans.

Shottas will now not only make it's debut at select theatres in Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Miami, Boston and Atlanta, but fans in Detroit, Chicago and Oakland, California, will now be able to share in this historical event.

According to Cess Silvera, Writer, Director and Producer of the film, "Shottas has the potential of becoming, the first movie out of the caribbean to get a nationwide and international release by a major movie studio." Box office sales from the opening weekend will determine whether or not Shottas become a nationwide release.

When news regarding the release of Shottas at the theatres made it to myspace.com, thousands of myspacers immediately changed their profile photos to the Shottas poster to show their support. In the history of myspace.com, there has never been such a frenzy in showing support for any project.

Empress, a myspace user, explained why she chose to change her profile photo to the Shottas poster; "It's all about solidarity. It's a sort of peaceful revolution. We believe in this film. We believe it can do extremely well at the box office if given a chance. I have watched the bootlegg version more than ten times, and I know when it hits theatres it will sell off. I look forward to September 22nd, and me and all my friends will be in line to show our support for the best gansta film ever. Cess Silvera makes us proud, and the chemistry we feel with the entire cast is incredible."

The official promotional campaign for the movie will start in the coming week, including a theatrical trailer.

With the new release date of September 22nd, supporters are being asked to be patient for one extra week.
'Shottas soon come'!!!

Shottas stars Ky-Mani Marley, Spragga Benz, Paul Campbell, Louie Rankin', Wyclef Jean, Assassin, and Jabba.

The official Shottas website is under construction.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:24:43 AM by .:TimeLock:. »

BigBDrugStores

Re: Official US Release date: jamacian gangta movie "Shottas" is Sept 22nd!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »
4years and it still isnt out?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »
i think they let it leeking it poor quality worked as a cost efficent promo cuz that shit got copied and copied over and over an download and shared over and over for 4 year so alot of peeps kown about it of heard about it by now but they didn't have to spend any money promoting it that way

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 01:36:45 PM »
haha, ive seen this... it was a pretty good movie :D

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:50:19 PM »
whoa, i thought that youtube video was the whole movie... i was talking about the whole thing... has anyone seen the movie before?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
i seen it yeah bought the unfinished version off the street...look just like that youtube copy buy with out the menu and moore of the movie..

shit was tight though it was hinted the mike tyson had a roll in the movie which is werid if u ask me cuz i know the marley's and lenox lewis are mad tight would think kymani would have got him instead
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 02:19:49 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »
i seen it yeah bought the unfinished version off the street...look just like that youtube copy buy with out the menu and moore of the movie..

shit was tight though it was hinted the mike tyson had a roll in the movie which is werid if u ask me cuz i know the marley's and lenox lewis are mad tight would think kymani would have got him instead

the version i seen had the menu in it, but had the rest of the movie on it... maybe the guy u got it from took out the menu part

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 12:40:09 PM »
i feel u but the movie never really got finished till now they saying they gonna put it out.... u seen the part where it had a blue screen that said something like mike toyson apperance here or some shit like that... they whole thing looked mad grainy and distorted like it got copy on vhs 4 million times before it got to the dvd on the streets lol... but still i watch that shit hahahha glued to the screen lol

retrokyd

• Lil Geezy
  • It's Dipset Bitch!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 11:21:28 AM »
good shit i've had the "poor quality" version for like 2 years. gonna cop the official joint when it drops.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: Official US Release date: jamacian gangsta movie "Shottas" is Sept 22nd!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »
Movie is wack.

Ky-mani, release a new album already!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:33:34 PM »
lol^it's not a big bugget movie it's pertty dope for what it is i mean come on who would have thought kymani would be gangsta and pull it off...like he did it's a surprise to me

but yeah man if u only judging by the prereslease version was then u need to go see the finished product "den chat ya" as de jamacians would say
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 06:15:38 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

aggin

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »
Finally caught up with yo ass. Much Love. I've tried to get at you. What's up. Anyways, is this film gonna be out in the theaters, or am I gonna have to get a Bootleg.

Much Love, Respect and Peace
AGGIN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 06:14:16 PM »
Finally caught up with yo ass. Much Love. I've tried to get at you. What's up. Anyways, is this film gonna be out in the theaters, or am I gonna have to get a Bootleg.

Much Love, Respect and Peace
AGGIN
yeah man it's gonna be in selcet theaters though not sure where in LA yet but they say it's coming out in LA on the 22nd also

by the way ya boy is going to be in NY from the 13th to the 18th... so let me know if u want anything from out that way...

peace