Author Topic: Ryan Howard is a beast  (Read 830 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ryan Howard is a beast
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »
How many 1B you think have moved leagues, changed positions since 2004?  Albert Pujols is a great fielder, accept the truth. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »
^^not even close to a great fielder.  Close to a solid fielder but thats all.  And I dont care about that meaningless stat, all credibility was lost as soon as you compared Albert's D to Snow's D, my god you are a LA fan, did you not see JT play the position defensively?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2006, 03:37:01 PM »
^^not even close to a great fielder.  Close to a solid fielder but thats all.  And I dont care about that meaningless stat, all credibility was lost as soon as you compared Albert's D to Snow's D, my god you are a LA fan, did you not see JT play the position defensively?

Accept the fact that this year Albert Pujols has been a really great fielder, and he's been above average the other years.  There's no flipping way around it.  Pujols gets to most balls you're ordinary 1B does, this is a fact.  It's been graphed by people that do this for a living. 

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2006, 03:38:54 PM »
so when I watched a Cards game recently on MLBTV, and they said Pujols made more errors at first than anyone else at that position the last couple years they were lying?

And I know as a fact Pujols was tied for the most errors as a 1b last year and in 2004 he was near the top of most errors as a first baseman.  Its all opinions, I was just shocked when you referred to him as a "great" defensive player.  Ive never heard a professional scout or analyst ever refer to Albert as anything but a average at best fielder.

He's made the most errors since 2004 but this year he's only made 5 and has a good fielding percentage.  When I said he plays first well I was refering to what he's doing currently and he is playing the position well.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 03:39:42 PM »
^^This year Albert has been a very good defensive player, last year he was bad, the year before that he as bad.  If he strings 2 or 3 more good years defensively like this year then I will change my mind, until then the only credit he gets from me is he changed posiitions, and alot of people have done that to lol.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2006, 03:43:22 PM »
2005 Rate2- 104
2004 Rate2- 108

Yep, still above average. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »
^^Nope as many errors as anyone else at first in that time.  Regardless of the chances that is not good lol, not good at all.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
Some of his errors would be counted as hits for other 1B because they couldn't even attempted to make the catch. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »
^^Couldnt be more wrong, dude is slow and has never moved around great, his lack of speed has saved him from even more errors lol.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »
^^Couldnt be more wrong, dude is slow and has never moved around great, his lack of speed has saved him from even more errors lol.

Are you sure you're thinking about Pujols?  Lack of speed? WTF, how can this guy be slow and save 42 fucking throwing errors in one year and the next best was like 23 from Lee. 

And please stop calling Vladimir Guerrero a good fielder he's a below average fielder with a great arm. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 03:57:15 PM »
^^Vlad was a bad fielder in MTL since then he has been very good defensively.  And Pujols doesnt run well Im sorry.  He has never moved around well at all hence his lack of stolen bases.  And dont say its cause he is a power hitter cause Bonds has over 500 steals and Mays had over 300 steals.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 04:00:54 PM »
Number of Win Shares contributed by defense at 1B

Top 10

1. Overbay
2. Sexson
3. Youkilis
4. Teixeria
5. Lee
6. Pujols
7. Fielder
8. Morneau
9. Konerko
10. Conine

Vladimir Guerrero's best year on defense at RF was with the Angels in 2005, where he was right about average at 100.  All the other years he has cost the team runs on defense.  So far, his 2006 year has been as bad as his 2000 year with the Expos. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »
bringing up Vlad wont help out Pujols defense.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »
Uhm, what?  No fucking shit lol.  I think it's pretty clear that my Pujols point is seprate from the Vlad point.  Im brigning your whole five tools arguement and how Guerrero doesnt'have that tool and even if he did have all 5 tools that doesn't make him better like you stated. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 04:08:11 PM »
Uhm, what?  No fucking shit lol.  I think it's pretty clear that my Pujols point is seprate from the Vlad point.  Im brigning your whole five tools arguement and how Guerrero doesnt'have that tool and even if he did have all 5 tools that doesn't make him better like you stated. 

ok Vlad isnt a great fielder he is a solid fielder.  But Pujols isnt a great defender like you said and he doesnt have the speed you claim he has lol