Author Topic: Write about what hip-hop means to you  (Read 340 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Write about what hip-hop means to you
« on: September 06, 2006, 01:38:14 AM »
What hip-hop means to me is... Is Balance!  It's how one balances between the good and the bad in this life.  Like Shock G said in a Source interview in 96',

"Imagine a world where all you see is straight up positivity (or negetivity), that ain't reality.  We ain't tryin to be X-Clan, but we ain't trying to be Luke-wid-it either."

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 02:24:17 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Write about what hip-hop means to you
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 02:21:15 AM »
Hip-Hop relaxes me, it takes me to another place with its rhymes and beats.I simply love it
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 02:44:48 AM »
Hip-Hop relaxes me, it takes me to another place with its rhymes and beats.I simply love it
geah mayne

I got all kinds of tracks for all kinds of moods, so it balances me out as well

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:25 AM »
hip hop today = stupid jigaboo music that's deteriorating our society. we'd be much better off if we had sambo lookin black people playin the banjo and singing about catfish and cornbread.

the don has spoken

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 05:37:57 AM »
hip hop today = stupid jigaboo music that's deteriorating our society. we'd be much better off if we had sambo lookin black people playin the banjo and singing about catfish and cornbread.

the don has spoken

it's what hip-hop means to you... not what it means to the wack rappers that are out today, but what it means to you personally, what you love about hip-hop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 06:59:05 AM »
dude, its just music

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »
geah mayne

Same here... couldn't imagine a life without hip hop no matter what state it is in these days! I need this music almost as much as I need to drink and eat, I listen to it before I go to sleep and I always have my mp3 player with me when I go to work and I always listen to hip hop (and R&B) when I'm AT work... Besides music has always helped me get through the trials and tribulations of life... 

Hip hop and R&B is like the soundtrack to my life...

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 07:21:43 AM by DJR »

~Loyalty Is Everything~

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 08:06:32 AM »
geah mayne

Same here... couldn't imagine a life without hip hop no matter what state it is in these days! I need this music almost as much as I need to drink and eat, I listen to it before I go to sleep and I always have my mp3 player with me when I go to work and I always listen to hip hop (and R&B) when I'm AT work... Besides music has always helped me get through the trials and tribulations of life... 

Hip hop and R&B is like the soundtrack to my life...

Very well said.Props
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Diabolical

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 08:17:23 AM »
I don't care anymore. There's more to music than Hip-Hop and I'm glad it didn't take me long to realise that.

fptz

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »
Hip-Hop? That's a great bunch of morons, some wannabe-morons with just a couple trying to school the morons.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »
I don't care anymore. There's more to music than Hip-Hop and I'm glad it didn't take me long to realise that.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »
dude, its just music
so music doesnt really mean anything to you? no wonder you got dipcc in your sig..

so did i, tho it took me a long time to realise.. HipHop is still the aminly thing im listening to.. but its more Jazz-HipHop and TripHop and experimental HipHop :)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 09:40:30 AM »
There's more to music than Hip-Hop and I'm glad it didn't take me long to realise that.

You're right about that... It's not like I've never listened/liked any other form of music, hell I used to listen to all variations of metal, I used to like hardrock, punk, hardcore, rock, "regular" pop music and I respect any other form except house music... I'm very well aware of the fact that there's more than just, I hate this word, the "urban" market...

It's just that at some point in my life I became aware that hip hop did it for me, that's the kind of music I really fell in love with and was into and because of that I also started listening to old 60's-70's soul which I also very much appreciate... Later on I started listening to go-go, funk, modern day R&B, dancehall and reggaeton... I've had my share of other kinds of (non-black) music which was a good thing ofcourse but those types of music I just listed above is my main thing now and it'll always stay that way...

One of the things I can really appreciate is someone else's passion for music... Doesn't matter if that person listens to jazz or black metal, if MUSIC is your life we already got something in common...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

fptz

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 09:44:36 AM »
One of the things I can really appreciate is someone else's passion for music... Doesn't matter if that person listens to jazz or black metal, if MUSIC is your life we already got something in common...

That would have been a +1, too bad I can't give props.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »
There's more to music than Hip-Hop and I'm glad it didn't take me long to realise that.

You're right about that... It's not like I've never listened/liked any other form of music, hell I used to listen to all variations of metal, I used to like hardrock, punk, hardcore, rock, "regular" pop music and I respect any other form except house music... I'm very well aware of the fact that there's more than just, I hate this word, the "urban" market...

It's just that at some point in my life I became aware that hip hop did it for me, that's the kind of music I really fell in love with and was into and because of that I also started listening to old 60's-70's soul which I also very much appreciate... Later on I started listening to go-go, funk, modern day R&B, dancehall and reggaeton... I've had my share of other kinds of (non-black) music which was a good thing ofcourse but those types of music I just listed above is my main thing now and it'll always stay that way...

True, true
Music is life or to quote "rhythm is life and life is rhythm" i love what i love abo9ut music but that cant be put in one tiny box...
...sometimes i listen to music because im in a certain frame of mind, sometimes music will put me in a frame of mind