Author Topic: Outerspace Shitting On All Internet Backpackers  (Read 397 times)

SGV

Re: Outerspace Shitting On All Internet Backpackers
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
Every rapper is a sell out then. The man you have in your sig is a huge sell out. Kweli is a sell out. Mos Def is a sell out. Even the brokest rappers are sell outs. Believe it that nobody is going to put the music first. NOBODY. That's not selling out, that's knowing business.

Are you going to work for free 7even? Are you going to go into your job everyday for a year straight and not get paid? No. So you're a sell out.

J Bananas

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 01:15:17 PM »
i think 7even got hurt, these dudes are real hip hop without the nerdy european outsider bullshit. hip hop isnt graf breakin freestyling any more, sorry folks

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »

"I Ain't Got To Breakdance, I Ain't Got To Freestyle, Just To Prove I'm Hip Hop, I'm A Grown Ass Man, I Ain't Got To Write Graph, I'm Allowed To Like Cash,  Who You Think You Talkin' To, I'm A Grown Ass Man."

That's the thing that annoys me about backpackers. I like a lot of so called backpacker music but I hate the concept of "real hip hop". What is "real hip hop"? No one has ever defined that in a matter that makes sense. I don't do graph or breakdance either so I'm not hip hop either.

Hip hop has always been in the streets so when people say that so called gangsta rap is not real hip hop, I just  ::). If street music isn't real hip hop, neither is Melle Mel since he made street music like the "Message". You rap about your jewels, well so did Rakim, Slick Rick, Run DMC, EPMD and all them. KRS-One posed with a uzi on his album cover and rapped "Listen to my 9 millimeter go bang". What about party music? Party music isn't hip hop either? Well what about Afrika Bambataa and the Soulsonic force, who made one of the biggest party jams in history with "Planet Rock". He's the creater of hip hop so if it's cool with Bam, it's cool with me.

The only barometer to me is the quality of music. I don't care if you gangbang, if you dance in the video, if you wear backpacks and breakdance, if you have a southern drawl, you drink hennesey and eat pork or you're a muslim that doesn't eat pork, if you have a college degree or a convicted felon, it's about the music. I dont' care if you're up in the club with big booty hoes dancing in your videos or you sip tea in a poetry reading, I don't care. I want to hear good music.

That's all that matters is the music, not all that other shit.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 01:25:36 PM »

"I Ain't Got To Breakdance, I Ain't Got To Freestyle, Just To Prove I'm Hip Hop, I'm A Grown Ass Man, I Ain't Got To Write Graph, I'm Allowed To Like Cash,  Who You Think You Talkin' To, I'm A Grown Ass Man."

That's the thing that annoys me about backpackers. I like a lot of so called backpacker music but I hate the concept of "real hip hop". What is "real hip hop"? No one has ever defined that in a matter that makes sense. I don't do graph or breakdance either so I'm not hip hop either.

Hip hop has always been in the streets so when people say that so called gangsta rap is not real hip hop, I just  ::). If street music isn't real hip hop, neither is Melle Mel since he made street music like the "Message". You rap about your jewels, well so did Rakim, Slick Rick, Run DMC, EPMD and all them. KRS-One posed with a uzi on his album cover and rapped "Listen to my 9 millimeter go bang". What about party music? Party music isn't hip hop either? Well what about Afrika Bambataa and the Soulsonic force, who made one of the biggest party jams in history with "Planet Rock". He's the creater of hip hop so if it's cool with Bam, it's cool with me.

The only barometer to me is the quality of music. I don't care if you gangbang, if you dance in the video, if you wear backpacks and breakdance, if you have a southern drawl, you drink hennesey and eat pork or you're a muslim that doesn't eat pork, if you have a college degree or a convicted felon, it's about the music. I dont' care if you're up in the club with big booty hoes dancing in your videos or you sip tea in a poetry reading, I don't care. I want to hear good music.

i feel alot of what you saying.. but for the qoute in bold: It's rarely you hear music about such things that is dope

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »

i feel alot of what you saying.. but for the qoute in bold: It's rarely you hear music about such things that is dope

Then you're talking about good music or bad music. From the gist of your post, good music to you is real hip hop and bad music to you is not real. Yeah that D4L song and "My Humps" were terrible but that Ludacris, Usher Lil Jon song from 2 years ago was a banger. 50 Cent's in the club was a banger. I'll admit, I like a couple of Nelly's songs. Hip hop has been in the clubs since the early 80's at least. After the South Bronx party jams, where did hip hop go to afterwards? That's right, the clubs.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

Then you're talking about good music or bad music. From the gist of your post, good music to you is real hip hop and bad music to you is not real. Yeah that D4L song and "My Humps" were terrible but that Ludacris, Usher Lil Jon song from 2 years ago was a banger. 50 Cent's in the club was a banger. I'll admit, I like a couple of Nelly's songs. Hip hop has been in the clubs since the early 80's at least. After the South Bronx party jams, where did hip hop go to afterwards? That's right, the clubs.
i see what you mean... and yeah i admit too that in the club was a banger.. i loved 50 cents music when it came out.. i just dont like that kinda music anymore.. but thats all opinions.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
Every rapper is a sell out then. The man you have in your sig is a huge sell out. Kweli is a sell out. Mos Def is a sell out. Even the brokest rappers are sell outs. Believe it that nobody is going to put the music first. NOBODY. That's not selling out, that's knowing business.

Are you going to work for free 7even? Are you going to go into your job everyday for a year straight and not get paid? No. So you're a sell out.

Well, as soon as you start to imply that
music=job
I get a little pissed, ya

Maybe I'm just a naive idealist, whatever.. but music should be more than just a job.

hip hop isnt graf breakin freestyling any more, sorry folks

You say that like it's a good thing
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 06:38:46 PM »
I agree with SGV. That song is hot.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »
Music is a Job... If that's your only income. I mean, they can call it a hustle, but that's just a "cool" way of saying "job."

Face it, you're mad at the world and you don't even know why.

herpes

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »

Face it, you're mad at the world and you don't even know why.

LMFAO +1

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:46 PM »
I don't even care about the appearance like some hardcore backpackers might do. I don't give a shit if dude is wearing a big ass chain or a backpack in his video. The problem starts when people make whack music (even according to THEIR opinion) because it sells better, and then also have the nerve to make fun of people who don't like it. "I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars"

"I Don't Do It For The Groupies, They Trifilin' Bitches, I Do This Shit For My Kids, My Wife And My Niggas, Most Important Thing In Life, Stay True To Your People, Not True To Hip Hop"

translation: I don't give a shit what fans think, I do music in order to get rich not in order to do art, not in order to contribute to hiphop, as long as I get my cash I'm good.

Now, if they REALLY have a family to feed and see no choice other than selling out, I understand. But to me that "A nigga gotta eat" phrase is laughable. Most of these rappers damn well have enough scrilla to fucking eat. Don't gimme that bullshit. Rocking a chain and chrome wheels, yet the family is starving to death.

you would be surprised how many rappers and im talkin dudes that have had some sucess gettin by on the balls of there ass.  The game isnt what it seems.  Most of what they have the records company purchased for them and they are in debt to the record company forever.  Most of these rappers end up getting 9-5 jobs to make ends meet.  Remember nature from the firm, dude worked at a jewerly store in mid-town manhattan.  Fucking biggie died broke.  Everything he we thought he owned was actually in puffys name.  ODB died broke while living in his mothers crib.  Nas was still living in QB untill he 97.  The he started banking money from ghostwriting for will smith.  Apocolypse said it best on this masta ace song....

I really feel I'm blessed 'cause I was born with a talent to rhyme
But the stress got me this close to quitting sometimes
On the crowded A train every morning
I can't wait for the day
My hustle game don't got to start this way
Niggaz think it's all good when they see me and hear my CD
And think I'm jumping in the 745 with TVs
They don't know I miss tours and shows
To go to work and pay bills and keep dough on my clothes

you the rap game isnt what it appears.  That verse is how it is for most rappers.  Its all about image.  And you fall for that sht thinkin most rappers are banking and living a nice life.  Most of them are still living in the hood.

you right about that, that dude J-Hood from D-block still lives wit his mum!....

The Maestro

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 04:43:01 PM »
Selling Out happens as soon as you put money first and music second. If you do music you as the artist can truly identify with, music you're proud of, and it happens to sell well, no selling out happening. Someone can not sell out and still become a millionaire, others sell out and still can't feed their kids.
As soon as you write simple rhymes you hate, put bitches into your hooks you can't stand and rap over pop beats you can't stand, accept a certain image because your A&R told you so, you sold out. Now, if you as an artist LIKE that type of rap, and it's only a coincidence that it sells well, more power to you.
Ultimately I don't give a fuck as long as I like the music, but it just still pisses me off when I know that some rappers could be so much better if they cared about the music first, and then about the money that comes with it.

well said, i totally agree

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 06:38:14 AM »
yea, I get it, niggas gotta eat.. they got to feed their baby momas n shit... lmao!

if what you represent ain't got shit to do with real hiphop, don't expect love from people who are into real hiphop

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 07:53:31 AM »
yea, I get it, niggas gotta eat.. they got to feed their baby momas n shit... lmao!

if what you represent ain't got shit to do with real hiphop, don't expect love from people who are into real hiphop

what is real hip hop

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

J Bananas

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

this is the stupidest quote yet, this only applies to say, rock musicians. all hip hop is real hip hop despite what some nerdy white backpackers got to say