Author Topic: Outerspace Shitting On All Internet Backpackers  (Read 394 times)

SGV

Outerspace Shitting On All Internet Backpackers
« on: September 12, 2006, 07:12:02 AM »
The Hook:

"I Ain't Got To Breakdance, I Ain't Got To Freestyle, Just To Prove I'm Hip Hop, I'm A Grown Ass Man, I Ain't Got To Write Graph, I'm Allowed To Like Cash,  Who You Think You Talkin' To, I'm A Grown Ass Man."

Planetary:

"Here's A Little Somethin' For Them Kids That Be Frontin', Bills Gotta Get Paid, Sky's The Limit, We Gon' Do This Our Way, Despite The Critics, I Don't Do It For The Groupies, They Trifilin' Bitches, I Do This Shit For My Kids, My Wife And My Niggas, Most Important Thing In Life, Stay True To Your People, Not True To Hip Hop, That's What The Internet Feed You, Buy A Car Off Rap, They Say Your Soul Get Lost, They Rather See You On Train, Writing Graph On A Wall, Or Rockin' A Backpack, Baggy Jeans And Vans, I'd Rather Rock A Gaudy Chain, That Hang Down To My Pants, Or A New Era Fitted That Match My Sneaks, A Pinky Ring So Gleam That Shit Light Up The Streets, A Big Truck With Rims, That's Me And My Bitch, With TV's So My Kids Can Watch Lilo And Stitch, I Got Respect Where I'm From, Don't Try To Steal My Shine"

So before you start trying to shit on people for rockin' a chain, ridin' a big truck with rims, or who are about their money, realize that these are grown ass men with more important things to do than to impress little Internet kids who want to be Hip Hop by all means.

Outerspace > Your favorite duo right now.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Outerspace Shitting On All Internet Backpackers
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »
yea, I get it, niggas gotta eat.. they got to feed their baby momas n shit... lmao!

if what you represent ain't got shit to do with real hiphop, don't expect love from people who are into real hiphop
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:32:39 AM »
yea, I get it, niggas gotta eat.. they got to feed their baby momas n shit... lmao!

if what you represent ain't got shit to do with real hiphop, don't expect love from people who are into real hiphop

And what's real Hip Hop?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:41:32 AM »
well, I don't want to get into a back to the roots/fuck evolution argument, lol, but what pisses me off about that outerspace shit is that now some rappers (like them) start to BRAG about how cool it is to sell-out, to represent and live a bling bling lifestyle and to basically see music/hip-hop as a job, as a way to get money, as a business instead of.. well.. music. now, those rappers existed before. but, there's been a time when they at least tried to hide it, or felt ashamed about it. now I see a new trend comin when rappers FEEL GOOD about it, and laugh at rappers who "try to keep it real" or fans who want "music with substance", "deep lyrics" or whatever.

but the bottom line is still that they are of course allowed to do whatever the fuck they want to do, they just don't make me like them more, but as I know, they don't care, cause Im not feeding their kids now do I? they're grown men and don't have to give a FUCK if a white euro kid from the burbs feels their music. so...
No, it's not a sin

ABN

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 08:06:07 AM »
the definition of "real hip hop" is all in the eyes of the beholder(sp). one person might think that Nelly´s real hip hop and i might think he´s a fucking pop act, and infact in that scenario both of us would be right coz you as a man decides what´s real to you.

SGV

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »
Slick Rick rocked chains. G Rap rocked chains. Big Daddy Kane rocked chains. Did they sell out? No. You really think that's selling out? Because someone lives a "bling lifestyle" they're  not Hip Hop. Hip Hop has been about bragging. Ask Sugar Hill. Its always been about flossing, ask Slick Rick. Its always been about keeping it real. That's what Outerspace is doing.

You want depth and meaningful lyrics? Cool. But Hip Hop wasn't built on that. That's not real Hip Hop. That's just Hip Hop. Hip Hop is party music. Street music. Its fun music. It'll always be music, but as long as Execs are making money, its going to be a job. Don't blame rappers for having a family to feed. That's keeping real as real can be. Trying to not "sell out" and leaving your kids starving is keeping stupid.

You need a better definition.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 08:09:24 AM »
Thier new album leaked I take it?  I enjoyed thier last album so I guess I better get a hold of this one.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 08:14:52 AM »
Slick Rick rocked chains. G Rap rocked chains. Big Daddy Kane rocked chains. Did they sell out? No. You really think that's selling out? Because someone lives a "bling lifestyle" they're  not Hip Hop. Hip Hop has been about bragging. Ask Sugar Hill. Its always been about flossing, ask Slick Rick. Its always been about keeping it real. That's what Outerspace is doing.

You want depth and meaningful lyrics? Cool. But Hip Hop wasn't built on that. That's not real Hip Hop. That's just Hip Hop. Hip Hop is party music. Street music. Its fun music. It'll always be music, but as long as Execs are making money, its going to be a job. Don't blame rappers for having a family to feed. That's keeping real as real can be. Trying to not "sell out" and leaving your kids starving is keeping stupid.

You need a better definition.

like it

+1

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 08:19:04 AM »
I don't even care about the appearance like some hardcore backpackers might do. I don't give a shit if dude is wearing a big ass chain or a backpack in his video. The problem starts when people make whack music (even according to THEIR opinion) because it sells better, and then also have the nerve to make fun of people who don't like it. "I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars"

"I Don't Do It For The Groupies, They Trifilin' Bitches, I Do This Shit For My Kids, My Wife And My Niggas, Most Important Thing In Life, Stay True To Your People, Not True To Hip Hop"

translation: I don't give a shit what fans think, I do music in order to get rich not in order to do art, not in order to contribute to hiphop, as long as I get my cash I'm good.

Now, if they REALLY have a family to feed and see no choice other than selling out, I understand. But to me that "A nigga gotta eat" phrase is laughable. Most of these rappers damn well have enough scrilla to fucking eat. Don't gimme that bullshit. Rocking a chain and chrome wheels, yet the family is starving to death. Even Method Man relied on that excuse in that last interview that was posted on WCC if I remember correctly, and nofuckingbody can tell me that Method Man really NEEDS money THAT desparately.

Now, of course, admitting that you're just in for the money is also a form of realness, I give you that.
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »
You keep saying they're  selling out. In what way? What justifies someone as a sell out?

From the looks of it, you want rappers to make Music for free, while some already rich old White man buys another car because of them. Are you going to support them? Of course not. So they're  going to have to make money since 7even "Mr. Don't Make Money Or You're A Sell Out" won't give them one red cent.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 08:48:24 AM »
Selling Out happens as soon as you put money first and music second. If you do music you as the artist can truly identify with, music you're proud of, and it happens to sell well, no selling out happening. Someone can not sell out and still become a millionaire, others sell out and still can't feed their kids.
As soon as you write simple rhymes you hate, put bitches into your hooks you can't stand and rap over pop beats you can't stand, accept a certain image because your A&R told you so, you sold out. Now, if you as an artist LIKE that type of rap, and it's only a coincidence that it sells well, more power to you.
Ultimately I don't give a fuck as long as I like the music, but it just still pisses me off when I know that some rappers could be so much better if they cared about the music first, and then about the money that comes with it.
No, it's not a sin

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 09:09:07 AM »

word

herpes

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »
I don't even care about the appearance like some hardcore backpackers might do. I don't give a shit if dude is wearing a big ass chain or a backpack in his video. The problem starts when people make whack music (even according to THEIR opinion) because it sells better, and then also have the nerve to make fun of people who don't like it. "I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars"

"I Don't Do It For The Groupies, They Trifilin' Bitches, I Do This Shit For My Kids, My Wife And My Niggas, Most Important Thing In Life, Stay True To Your People, Not True To Hip Hop"

translation: I don't give a shit what fans think, I do music in order to get rich not in order to do art, not in order to contribute to hiphop, as long as I get my cash I'm good.

Now, if they REALLY have a family to feed and see no choice other than selling out, I understand. But to me that "A nigga gotta eat" phrase is laughable. Most of these rappers damn well have enough scrilla to fucking eat. Don't gimme that bullshit. Rocking a chain and chrome wheels, yet the family is starving to death.

you would be surprised how many rappers and im talkin dudes that have had some sucess gettin by on the balls of there ass.  The game isnt what it seems.  Most of what they have the records company purchased for them and they are in debt to the record company forever.  Most of these rappers end up getting 9-5 jobs to make ends meet.  Remember nature from the firm, dude worked at a jewerly store in mid-town manhattan.  Fucking biggie died broke.  Everything he we thought he owned was actually in puffys name.  ODB died broke while living in his mothers crib.  Nas was still living in QB untill he 97.  The he started banking money from ghostwriting for will smith.  Apocolypse said it best on this masta ace song....

I really feel I'm blessed 'cause I was born with a talent to rhyme
But the stress got me this close to quitting sometimes
On the crowded A train every morning
I can't wait for the day
My hustle game don't got to start this way
Niggaz think it's all good when they see me and hear my CD
And think I'm jumping in the 745 with TVs
They don't know I miss tours and shows
To go to work and pay bills and keep dough on my clothes

you the rap game isnt what it appears.  That verse is how it is for most rappers.  Its all about image.  And you fall for that sht thinkin most rappers are banking and living a nice life.  Most of them are still living in the hood.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »
It's fucked up in the East, but rappers from the West and South are quite wealthy I think. on the eastcoast you either make it or really break it. when signing to a huge record label you gotta watch out of course, I think 2pac also got played by suge, big time.

that's why releasing independent shit and mixtapes can get you some nice scrilla, maybe not in NY but elsewhere lol, and that's better cause when it comes to signing to a big major and dealing with jews in suits it can happen that you get fucked in the ass by the industry.
No, it's not a sin

herpes

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 09:36:52 AM »
It's fucked up in the East, but rappers from the West and South are quite wealthy I think. on the eastcoast you either make it or really break it. when signing to a huge record label you gotta watch out of course, I think 2pac also got played by suge, big time.

that's why releasing independent shit and mixtapes can get you some nice scrilla, maybe not in NY but elsewhere lol, and that's better cause when it comes to signing to a big major and dealing with jews in suits it can happen that you get fucked in the ass by the industry.
no it like that everywhere unless you go independent of you have someone to teach you the game from the word go.  Look at Daz and Kurupt... they were fuckin broke after death row.  Look at nwa they got played.  Its a dirty game every where you go