Author Topic: Nonfiction vs. The Documenatry  (Read 347 times)

ability

• Lil Geezy
Nonfiction vs. The Documenatry
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
I had to this, but for an album that was not completed Nonfiction runs over the doc. The Doc. was completely overrated and did not meet that classic album that game fans want to give it.  Game fans do not get upset.  My favorite song was Running with Yayo and that is it. I even put together a mix cd with Mausberg songs that were on other people's albums and compliations and far surpasses Doc.  Nonfiction hands down, can I get a pound pound for the Realest, Boo Yeah!

J Bananas

Re: Nonfiction vs. The Documenatry
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 08:58:43 PM »
hell yeah dude, mausy ripped that shit while he was alive, and nonfiction turned out to be pretty good album, way better than the doc

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »
I never listened to Nonfiction so I can't comment on it. As for The Documentery, it was over rated by some people. A lot of good songs (only 2 filler songs IMO) but it lacked some amazing tracks in order for it to be considered a Wesst Coast classic.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:11:23 PM »
Nonfiction by Mausberg is FUCKING CLASSIC!!!!!!!The Games Documenatry was tight too but you have to remember 1 thing that it was intended to appeal nationwide because aftermath wanted sell.MAusberg shit was straight up classic west coast album but him or the label  never intended to appeal nationwide.I think The Documenatry could have been a classic if it didnt have that little east coastish feel to it.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 10:31:01 PM »
as much of a quik/quik fam fan i am, i have to go with the documentary. non-fiction was great, but not that great. not compared to the documentary at least. game spit fire on beats that appealed to rap fans from all coasts, and did a damn good job at it. the album was so versatile, and it was westcoast to the fullest. the same can't really be said for non-fiction. non-fiction has its stand out tracks, but in the end i feel documentary surpasses it. rip maussy.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

TuSlic

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »
documentary had more bangers then non fiction but the bangers on non fiction was so hot that shit shittin on the doc

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »
"The Documentary" was lame... I only kept like 6 tracks from it...

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »
"The Documentary" was lame... I only kept like 6 tracks from it...

Word, I wasn't really feeling that shit either, overrated IMO, havent heard Nonfiction, so I can't comment on it.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:45 PM »
non-fiction wasn't that great...it was good....just cause it had some quik production ppl dickride it...and R.I.P. to mausberg...he was a good rapper and all but i never thought he was GREAT....i prefer the documentary over non fiction...

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 12:43:56 AM »
non-fiction wasn't that great...it was good....just cause it had some quik production ppl dickride it...and R.I.P. to mausberg...he was a good rapper and all but i never thought he was GREAT....i prefer the documentary over non fiction...

well, I really haven't seen too many people 'praise' Mausberg's album.... more often just say it's a real good cd

it's just "The Documentary" is looked at the way it is because it was put out on a big label and so on....

there were so many fillers and lame appealing attempts it was sick... I don't need to hear Kanye West and Mary J Blige with Game and a ton of G-Unit remarks

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 01:03:35 PM »
For an incomplete album, nonfiction outshines most albums out right now, with or without mainstream appeal.  For those who have not heard it take listen to it.  Bring the west back is what people keep yelling (2006), yet Mausberg was saying that in 1999.  You had to understand it's been seven years that have passed and what was behind his music and lyrics.  Maybe your favorite rapper and producer were targets. His album still has relevance and that is why I posted this topic.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »
as much of a quik/quik fam fan i am, i have to go with the documentary. non-fiction was great, but not that great. not compared to the documentary at least. game spit fire on beats that appealed to rap fans from all coasts, and did a damn good job at it. the album was so versatile, and it was westcoast to the fullest. the same can't really be said for non-fiction. non-fiction has its stand out tracks, but in the end i feel documentary surpasses it. rip maussy.

Yeah for real.....I mean these were completely different albums, and there are things I like better about Mausberg's album. But I'd still say Game's album was better overall.

Game's was better overall because the production was 100% consistent, the standout songs were a LOT stronger, it appealed to people everywhere, and it just sounded more complete. However, I may even say that if you put Mausberg in Game's place, and gave him the direction, production, guest appearances and all else, the product would have probably turned out the same, or a bit better/worst. So it's not like you can blame Maus for his album not being as strong overall, because it was very solid to be incomplete...but it still wasn't as good as the Doc was, and for obvious reasons.

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 01:41:57 PM »
Good points, but trading places would only lead to my saying all along that his spot would be cemented in history, the props and the recognition.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »
I think the west coast is under some kind of curse. There have been a lot of talented rappers who many of us believe "could have" been this and that....but because of the circumstances, it never panned out for any of them. Many of us have said that if Crooked I, Ras Kass, Sly Boogy, Mausberg, and a few others had been "given" the same opportunity as Game, that they would have been just as big. But for one....these hypothetical questions are nothing but speculation, and it might be a case that Game did things that these other rappes didn't do in order to get the chances that he did...or either luck was just in his favor.

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 03:20:32 PM »
^^ it's luck man, Game was pure marketing

a Blood from Compton.... c'mon, ya can't see the attempted "appeal" in that?