Author Topic: Snoop Addresses The New West *VIDEO*  (Read 981 times)

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
Snoop Addresses The New West *VIDEO*
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »
www.westcoastrydaz.com They doin the damn thing!!!!!

Big Snoop Dogg's State Of The Union Address To The Artists Of The New West! (Exclusive Video)
September 14, 2006 by Styles

What can you say about The Wild Wild West? At times it can be the craziest place on the planet. With some rumblings going on from some of the New West artists about the OG's not helping them out and rumblings from some of the OG West Coast artists about not being respected by the younger generation, The big Boss Dogg wanted to speak a few words to everybody and get a hold of the situation.

This is in video so go ahead and download and watch. Its not a big file and Big Snoop gets right to the point. Without saying too much, I'mma just let you watch and hear Dogg's words for yourselves.

http://www.westcoastrydaz.com/features/video/snoop_dogg_addresses_the_new_west.wmv

A big shout out goes to Snoop Dogg for taking the time to do this for everybody. Lets all win for the West Coast...

Styles

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
Re: Snoop Addresses The New West *VIDEO*
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:09:42 PM »
YO I THINK HE IS GETTIN' AT THEM B&N DUDES FOR WHAT THEY WAS SAYIN' GAME VS. 100, AND SNOOP AND GAME ALL WAYS KICKIN IT. I DUNNO...... PROPZ ON THE VID THOUGH....

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:23:05 PM »
crazy ...Snoop really is Da Boss!....Westcoast, Stand UP!  8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:17 PM »
New West already lost... nobody outside the internet knows who the fuck anyone "new" on the West Coast is

and that's more than the truth

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »
snoops talking as if we're his kids with his lecturing shit..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »
that lil nigga is a clown. i wish dre would son that fag.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
New West already lost... nobody outside the internet knows who the fuck anyone "new" on the West Coast is

Although I love what the New West is bringing to the table musically, I have to agree 100% with you bro. If they were smart, they'd get on Snoop's good side.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »

exactly.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:51:52 PM »

Aftermath knew who Bishop Lamont is, Sony wouldn't have thrown $1.7 million at G. Malone if he was a "nobody".  Problem is gettin attention from labels from his buzz, same with Ya Boy and Clyde Carson are growing with their appearances in The Source.

The point is that the "old west" is jealous because skillwise a lot of the newer cats are better, and they are taking advantage of mixtapes and creating their own buzz.  The end result is that the new west artists see people like Jay-Z and Snoop, and instead of hating on them and being jealous of them, they model themselves after them and become business men.  The only relevant thing Snoop said in that video is "Respect those who paved the way for you".  These new artists are doing that by showing them love, however some of these older rappers need to hang up the mic and allow the youngsters to get their shine.  2pac said it best:

Quote from: 2pac
All you old rappers trying to advance
It's all over now, take it like a man

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:11:31 PM »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »
more drama

acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »

yep, the new west NEEDS the old west, not the other way around.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

Aftermath knew who Bishop Lamont is, Sony wouldn't have thrown $1.7 million at G. Malone if he was a "nobody".  Problem is gettin attention from labels from his buzz, same with Ya Boy and Clyde Carson are growing with their appearances in The Source.

The point is that the "old west" is jealous because skillwise a lot of the newer cats are better, and they are taking advantage of mixtapes and creating their own buzz.  The end result is that the new west artists see people like Jay-Z and Snoop, and instead of hating on them and being jealous of them, they model themselves after them and become business men.  The only relevant thing Snoop said in that video is "Respect those who paved the way for you".  These new artists are doing that by showing them love, however some of these older rappers need to hang up the mic and allow the youngsters to get their shine.  2pac said it best:

Quote from: 2pac
All you old rappers trying to advance
It's all over now, take it like a man

just lyric wise don't mean shit to me...it's being able to perform and rock the crowd..that's all i care.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
Hmm....doesn't sound like he was sayin anything negative to them.

As far as the main cats who rep the "New West", they all respect Snoop and vice versa....and they've been in videos with him and all else. So if anbody, he's probably talkin to the cats who aren't even signed to any major companies.

And just to let it be known....without sayin any names, there are actually a few young ass rappers around L.A. who don't respect Snoop anywhere near as much as they should. I remember when 213 was about to come out, and one of the youngsters who may or may not be under the "New West" title was talkin bout "fuck no I ain't buyin that shit, it's gonna be wack. Snoop ain't even dope anymore, he needs to hang it up" and for a non-rapper to talk that's cool....but for somebody who might even have to go under Snoop or Snoop's affiliates to be talkin at that level, that's hella disrespectful. And believe me, there are many young L.A. rappers who give WAY MORE props to Jay-Z and Biggie than they do to Ice Cube and Snoop, which is damn near blasphemy in my opinion.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »
living in 1997 won't help the west move forward...